2023 WR Jonah Wilson

Getafix

This happens every single year and people freak out. Committed doesn't mean anything. If anything, we should just say "ok" when a kid not named Arch or Ewers commits. These kids, especially in the age of NIL, are looking for a payday, regardless of who their future qb will be, or DC. They want their money. And kids who commit 2 years out might as well be forgotten at this point. Hampton will probably not be in our class barring some miracle. Unless Steve wins 8-10 games all kids will be looking around until they're signing their LOI. Even then, they could portal out just like we're seeing with SMU. Outside of the few who bleed burnt orange no matter what, all these kids are mercenaries (see aggy class of 2022). 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

On 10/3/2022 at 6:10 AM, Chuckie Finster said:

I get that everyone has their reasons, but it is frankly insane for any WR to willingly turn down the publicity and hype that will come with being one of Arch’s WRs in our first years in the SEC.

That's a very good point.  It's going to be insane.

OTH, if there's one position I don't worry about getting good players to replace those who decommit, it's WR.  There are a bunch of great ones each year and what you don't have you can go and get in the portal.

Next!

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Beer Horn said:

Man this shit happens every year around the country. Makes no sense to adults but 18 yo kids are strange. But with the NIL stuff, going forward it would seem it would happen a lot less. But again 17-18 year olds do stupid shit everyday

At the very least, he isn't getting flipped to someone like OU or aggy or Bama. The optics on that would be bad. With Cougar High, everyone can just kind of scratch their heads, shrug their shoulders and move on. 

53 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I've seen Brennan Marion's name mentioned by a few people as a possibility for the Arizona St job - I wonder if there is some negative recruiting happening in regards to that and if Wilson is worried his position coach won't be here when he arrives.

That’s all well and good, but why jump now instead of waiting for the chips to fall where they may?  I would just take GH’s word for it and think it’s UH.

36 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

That’s all well and good, but why jump now instead of waiting for the chips to fall where they may?  I would just take GH’s word for it and think it’s UH.

UH over Sark's offense at Texas?

Is Tilman Fertitta dropping huge bags?  

I was thinking that if there's somebody crazy enough to spend 20-30 million to buy a MNC, it might be Tilman Fertitta. 

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

UH over Sark's offense at Texas?

Is Tilman Fertitta dropping huge bags?  

I was thinking that if there's somebody crazy enough to spend 20-30 million to buy a MNC, it might be Tilman Fertitta. 

Don't sleep on Mattress Mack (pun intended) as a potential crazy spender.

On 10/5/2022 at 8:52 PM, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Nah, he's cheap as fuck. Just ask the Rockets. 

he actually hasn't been bad as the rockets continue to rebuild.. he still paying extra for additional draft picks when the FO wants them.  I don't like him but he's not being a tight wad right now

Just now, Thiefery said:

he actually hasn't been bad as the rockets continue to rebuild.. he still paying extra for additional draft picks when the FO wants them.  I don't like him but he's not being a tight wad right now

Yet, he still needs to buy Houston a fucking hockey team however

• Haha 1