Can we get a San Antonio sub in this forum?

Hozz

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

God forbid you use the search feature. 

Enlighten me, please.  What should I have searched for to dispel the fact that there is a sub here for Houston Dallas and Austin but not San Antonio?  I see some threads about San Antonio.  That's not what I asked.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

Enlighten me, please.  What should I have searched for to dispel the fact that there is a sub here for Houston Dallas and Austin but not San Antonio?  I see some threads about San Antonio.  That's not what I asked.

Ah I gotcha. 

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

bill millers - the tea, salsa and tacos are consistent across all the store. 

jim's - all of them 

Funny!  I actually think both of those chains are pretty good for what they are.

It is a guilty pleasure, but I am a huge fan of Bill Miller's fried chicken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Funny!  I actually think both of those chains are pretty good for what they are.

It is a guilty pleasure, but I am a huge fan of Bill Miller's fried chicken.

their sausage and potato taco is damn good, get extra salsa

The San Antonio thread is its own forum per se. I don't think we need a separate sub. There's not enough action to support it and it would just dilute what little action there is. If you have a specific question about San Antonio or want a recommendation, post there and it will get answered. 

Also, if you don't stumble into Jim's drunk after the bars close and throw down the chicken fried steak and eggs, then you're doing Jim's wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

Bill Miller breakfast is super solid too.  Comes in a little tray with a scoop of refried beans, scrambled eggs, hash browns and either bacon or sausage and two tortillas.  The one by me is super cheap about salsa, you have to ask and they will almost always try and short you anyway.

Have not been to Jim's in a decade or so.  They used to have something called Canadian Cheese Soup that was pretty great.

18 hours ago, Hozz said:

Bigger than Dallas and Austin.

Bigger than Dallas? Not even close. DFW metro population is 7.76 million...San Antonio metro is 2.56 million.

Austin, maybe but I'd assume they have their own sub because, you know, that's where UT is located and stuff.

That said, give em their own sub. It'll be neat.

I concede your point but Dallas and DFW are not the same thing.  If you look at a list of cities by population Dallas is listed and so is Fort Worth and both are smaller than San Antonio by population.  So yeah bigger than Dallas.

It just seems strange to not have one for SA but I don't care beyond the initial ask.  The thread is fine for me.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:13 PM, Hozz said:

I concede your point but Dallas and DFW are not the same thing.  If you look at a list of cities by population Dallas is listed and so is Fort Worth and both are smaller than San Antonio by population.  So yeah bigger than Dallas.

It just seems strange to not have one for SA but I don't care beyond the initial ask.  The thread is fine for me.

Technically they're not the same thing, but they're widely considered as a package deal, making up the majority of Oklahoma's nutsack. Forth Worth obviously the cooler testicle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:47 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The San Antonio thread is its own forum per se. I don't think we need a separate sub. There's not enough action to support it and it would just dilute what little action there is. If you have a specific question about San Antonio or want a recommendation, post there and it will get answered. 

Also, if you don't stumble into Jim's drunk after the bars close and throw down the chicken fried steak and eggs, then you're doing Jim's wrong.

Motherfucking Jim's at Oakhill was closed Sunday, July 3rd for lack of staff!!! I was Jim-blocked, dammit.

• Rage+1 1