2023 WR Johntay Cook

BurntOrange&White

Just now, TheMailBox357 said:

Any of y'all play the Madden NFL video games?

Of the 4 Madden Ultimate Team WR Archetypes (Route Runner, Deep Threat, Physical, & Slot).... Is it safe to assume Johntay fits the "Route Runner" WR archetype the best?

i think you have to a lunch pail, coach on the field type for that (welker, amendola).

4 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Of the 4 Madden Ultimate Team WR Archetypes (Route Runner, Deep Threat, Physical, & Slot).... Is it safe to assume Johntay fits the "Route Runner" WR archetype the best?

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i think you have to a lunch pail, coach on the field type for that (welker, amendola).

Wes Welker & Danny Amendola are definitely the "Slot" archetype. Current NFL WRs who fit the "Route Runner" archetype are Devante Adams, Amari Cooper, DeVonta Smith, Jerry Judy, & etc.

11 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

WTF? You don’t need to reference a video game. Those are WR types in the REAL WORLD. Cook is a route runner but he also has very good speed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Yes.  I don't think anyone has concerns about his speed, but it's his quickness and separation that makes a 4-5*

Also, don't know anything about Madden.

Edited by JBJ

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

All gamers in the know would tell you EA is dropping the “NCAA” name behind the new college football game they are developing. That missed detail on this mock-up might have ruined OKSTs chances 

That, and the terrible photoshop.

Who is a good comp for him? The break off at the top of the routes is very tyreek-ish. He runs route great-T.Y Hilton? I don’t think he’s a fast as him so all-around comp, probably not the best. JSN comes to mind but he might be a little bigger. Sadly maybe Antonio brown? The good days not the end. Hines ward but faster? Either way he’s going to be a stud. Please don’t let me down. Has that bijan impact i feel like. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

3 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Who is a good comp for him? The break off at the top of the routes is very tyreek-ish. He runs route great-T.Y Hilton? I don’t think he’s a fast as him so all-around comp, probably not the best. JSN comes to mind but he might be a little bigger. Sadly maybe Antonio brown? The good days not the end. Hines ward but faster? Either way he’s going to be a stud. Please don’t let me down. Has that bijan impact i feel like. 

Keep the Manning theme going - Reggie Wayne

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I like the theme idea. Was Wayne that fast early on? I know he wasn’t slow but did he get that separation. Route wise I agree on them both being great at that.

Google thinks Wayne was a 4.45 guy at some point, which is possible when he was coming out of Miami

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Me: "We got the 5* WR from DeSoto."

Buddy: "Another WR? Don't y'all need D linemen?"

Me: "Maybe, but you definitely need to shut your goddam mouth."

Haters hate. It's just what they do.

TOUCHDOWNS BABY

You always, always need a 5 star.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Are you a sportswriter? Because this desperate need to find a comparison to a former player no matter how flimsy makes you seem like a sportswriter. 

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

BLUE not happy... 

Seeing this quote gives me the warm fuzzies.  It tells me that Sark understands that the same 'ol, same 'ol when it comes to recruiting isn't going to get it done in an era of social media. It also confirms to me that Jim Harbaugh may be a great coach/great tactician but he's an imperious,  pompous ass who thinks he's too good to talk to/at recruits with the kind of regularity that they need to see these days.

Also, I was trying to decide a new "welcome to the 40 acres mr. X recruit"  photo/meme and I've decided that this is it.

gm steakhouse.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

JaMarr Chase.  Not slow but not a burner, excellent routes, good catch radius without being a big or physical guy.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...