MaybeACoordinator has passed away - Official Farewell Thread

Brisketexan

On 5/11/2023 at 2:34 PM, RDCanecutter said:

Yes. Back when he was Sweetjones he wanted to do a comic book collab about raccoons riding skateboards but we didn't get it going.

Then during the Roy Moore debacle he was intrigued and amused by Bama doings, and included Birmingham as a stop on his tour of old family graveyards and Pokemon critters between Houston and Nashville.

He was in the upstairs bedroom and our geriatric dog got nervous and shit all over the upstairs bathroom next to where MAC slept. I found it, and remember, I'd just met the dude in person, I was like, damn, do I need to get Johnny to the emergency room? Then I saw dog foot prints in the poo and a guilty dog watching from outside the door.

Brilliant of him to frame the dog

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

38 minutes ago, troph said:

I dunno a doctor saying eat whatever you want sounds the opposite of good to me.  I hope ”because it won’t matter” isn’t implicit in there. 

I consider the fact that he was able to make the request to be positive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Just talked to MAC. He's got 99 problems but bein' dead ain't one.

Still obviously lots of health challenges, but he says he's seeing some slight improvement here and there.

We talked about BBQ, catfish, brunswick stew, burgoo, the Civil War, the Big Thicket, Tennessee's inherent recruiting problems in Knoxville ("hillbillies are mean, and annoying on the field, but ultimately of no consequence...) and a few other things. Also, his doctor said he could eat whatever he wanted so he sent out for a Whataburger double patty melt with jalapenos.

I know some people started doing pulled pork and chicken in Brunswick stew, but I always thought if it wasn’t some critter like squirrel or possum it wasn’t Brunswick stew. 

This is an important topic, and I would love to know MAC ‘s opinion

• Drool 1

18 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I'm just wondering which of you mfers is Matt McConaughey. Probably someone with real bad takes on the football board.

I mean, I grew up in Longview, but I'm probably too young to be him. Still, you should PM me some pics of those burnt orange bongos just to be safe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I meant to say a cheeky wreath. 

Also, since I think I have over ten years on the Shag and here, adverse possession applies. 

It was intended to be surly, but inoffensive.  Apologize if it came across as anything other than that.  You’re a good dude and I’ve had a bad week.  Are we having a wreath shipped in from England?  What makes a wreath cheeky?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 1:51 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

there would be a mad dash to the cafeteria because the line would be out the [expletive] door and you ran the risk of them either running out or your [sic] not having enough time to eat.

[sic] is after the wrong pronoun. Subjects of gerund phrases take the possessive

Keep fighting MAC

Can we find Dr. Drunkenstein and have his elixir?  That was the original wreath fund as I recall.  

Pulling for MAC, and pretty cool to read those articles and see the legacy he’s written.

Edited by Hefeweizen
Fuuuuuuuu

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There’s a part of me that would very much like to send a wreath with “Get well Dr Drunkenstein” crossed out and “get well MAC” scrawled over it. It would absolutely get a chuckle.

do it jewish GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

If he's eating Whataburger he ain't actively dying.

Firing up the big motor in a few and headed back to the dock and Texas, I think I'll have what MAC’s having.

He needs a T-shirt that says “Brisket dared me to live, hold my beer (for keeps)”

If it is his last meal though, hope he gets to eat from the good batch of fries.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Seems appropriate. 

giphy.gif

Just now, Brisketexan said:

You know…I kinda am too. He’ll be ripshit pissed at me for making it a thing…but at least he’ll be alive to be ripshit pissed, which I’ll take.
So, here’s hoping that MAC reads this, gets pissed, and writes a whole Substack piece on what a fucking asshole Brisketexan is (I assure you, it will be accurate and meticulously researched and cited).

It's really important for people to know they're loved while they're alive.  Seems pretty basic, I know, but its the truth.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

It was intended to be surly, but inoffensive.  Apologize if it came across as anything other than that.  You’re a good dude and I’ve had a bad week.  Are we having a wreath shipped in from England?  What makes a wreath cheeky?

No problem dude. We are in the same boat bad week wise, and I was sort of wandering around shit posting last night. My best friend from high school and college was battling prostate cancer while I was dealing with colon cancer, and then after my success his came back…..and then his wife of 42 years got lymphoma six months ago.

I heard yesterday from him.   MDA called them. It was time for hospice.  Ignore me buddy, I’m just sort of mad at God and the world right now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

MAC needs surly access in the hospital

It’ll either inspire him to make a miraculous comeback or say fuckit, I’m out.

Seriously, seeing how you have touched others (and not in the catholic priesthood sense) would have to be good medicine, right?

So yes, let’s get the wreath and the iPad delivered via thot inmate on work release STAT.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

It’ll either inspire him to make a miraculous comeback or say fuckit, I’m out.

Seriously, seeing how you have touched others (and not in the catholic priesthood sense) would have to be good medicine, right?

So yes, let’s get the wreath and the iPad delivered via thot inmate on work release STAT.

Can we deliver a wreath via a stripper-gram?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

FIFY: Seriously, seeing how you have touched others and not in the catholic priesthood sense, as far as we know, would have to be good medicine, right?

And answer:

Uncertain Deadwoodjedi GIF - Uncertain Deadwoodjedi Dubious GIFs

On 5/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Gonna be missed around these parts.

Didn't know him but he was quite the story teller. As we near Mother's Day, a story he wrote a decade ago about his mother that gives you some great insight into his life:

https://www.houstoniamag.com/news-and-city-life/2013/07/of-unknown-origin-july-2013

I'm not crying. You is.

• Drool 1

On 5/12/2023 at 10:32 AM, Brisketexan said:

So, I mean.....are we at the Lee Corso spot here?

giphy.gif

I dunno.

But, here's the most recent update from his ex:

So....I'ma do that.  Would love for MAC to stick around  

And everything dies, baby, that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back. - The Boss

• blacklab changed the title to MaybeACoordinator has passed away - Official Farewell Thread
  • immamac unpinned this topic