Jealousy over a threesome between passengers sparked 60-person brawl on Carnival Cruise

Nueces River Rat

10 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

And apparently not even any reported injuries. I don’t understand any of this story

On cruise ship 60 people involved just means 2 people asking people to "hold me back" and 57 people with their cell phones out filming and screaming all while some dude is just trying to get by to get to the pizza line.

6 hours ago, po elvis said:

I imagine it is hard to get guns on cruise ships.

Nope.  The problem is too many fucking security cameras and people and you have nowhere to go except overboard, so no matter how bad you want to shoot somebody, you’re going to get caught.  

Alaska is cool. Great views going through the inner passage. It’s probably an older crowd but very relaxing. We’ve gone Princess and they don’t use the monster ships up there so no go carts or water slides on deck. 
probably also less threesomes and riots than a typical Caribbean cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Alaska is cool. Great views going through the inner passage. It’s probably an older crowd but very relaxing. We’ve gone Princess and they don’t use the monster ships up there so no go carts or water slides on deck. 
probably also less threesomes and riots than a typical Caribbean cruise. 

Sounds boring 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 7/3/2022 at 8:54 AM, Underdog said:

Never had much interest in doing any of the tropical/Caribbean type cruises but have wanted to do the Alaskan cruise.  Anyone done one and is it just as bad as the other cruises?  

You should go before all of the cruise ship exhaust finishes melting the glaciers you're going there to see. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 8:54 AM, Underdog said:

Never had much interest in doing any of the tropical/Caribbean type cruises but have wanted to do the Alaskan cruise.  Anyone done one and is it just as bad as the other cruises?  

Well, I leave Friday for an Alaskan cruise actually(assuming the family passes our Covid test). This will be my 3rd Alaskan cruise in the last 6 years.  I took the family 6 years ago and figured we would never go back.  A year after that I had to go on one for work with some clients and then the one this week is the result of my father in law deciding he is old and wants to spend his money before he dies so he is taking his kids and grandkids on this cruise and paying for it. (Me with 14 of my wife’s family may not work out so well but we got the unlimited drinks package so that should help).  I would highly recommend doing the Alaskan cruise as it gets you to a lot of places you can’t get to if you just fly to Alaska (Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay).  Also, it is way more subdued than a Caribbean cruise which some may find boring but I am cool with it.  The excursions in Alaska in the ports are really expensive but can be kind of cool.  We have done tons of whale watching boats and the first time up there took a helicopter up to the top of a glacier to go dog sledding with Iditarod dogs at their summer camp.  

As far as cruises go, you just need to understand what you are getting yourself into.  They are like a floating all inclusive resort that takes you to a different place every day.  The food is decent but not Michelin Star level so you just need to have expectations on that.  Avoid Carnival at all costs or you will get the shitty experiences of a bunch of poors on a cruise ship.  I would say avoid Galveston departures also for this reason.  We do Princess up in Alaska because they are really good with the itineraries they offer and stuff like brining park rangers or naturalists on board to point out all the animals and glaciers you are seeing. We have done Celebrity Cruises over in the Mediterranean/Adriatic and had a blast.   Once again, avoid Carnival and cheap priced cruises and you end up with a fun vacation.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 7/3/2022 at 9:54 AM, Underdog said:

I did one a few weeks ago on Celebrity.  I don't think it's my preferred way to travel.  A lot of people, and I really just wanted to stay in port and explore more.  That said, scenery was gorgeous, it's hard to get to these parts of Alaska any other way, and it's hard to have a bad time hanging out with a group of friends on a ship with scenery, food, drinks, pools, etc.  As others have said, avoid Carnival, although I have no personal point of comparison.

I've also done a Nile cruise, which was amazing.  But that was basically a floating hotel, with maybe 100 passengers, and most of the time spent in port at Luxor and Aswan, with just a few hours in transit.

23 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Never even been curious about cruises until this thread. Sounds like it sucks proportionately depending on how much interaction with poors there is.

Just get on one of these and you don’t have to worry about the po folk. 

https://www.ritzcarltonyachtcollection.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1064612570&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn4qWBhCvARIsAFNAMiiKe6msPPea63ZRB8CtgcIX66pEDXRQaQ3aqIRJPHhrSpLqy3UxRIMaAvhdEALw_wcB

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are frequent flyers with carnival out and Galveston. We are trashy so we don’t mind hanging out with the poors- they are our kind of people. 

One of my favorite cruises was on Carnival out of Galveston. Weekend trip to Cozumel. 700 cheerleaders and their parents on the boat. The average age of that cruise was at least 30 years younger than any other cruise I've been on. Having said that, @txduck87 has piqued my interest in "the haven" on Norwegian.

One of my favorite cruises was on Carnival out of Galveston. Weekend trip to Cozumel. 700 cheerleaders and their parents on the boat. The average age of that cruise was at least 30 years younger than any other cruise I've been on. Having said that, [mention=6274]txduck87[/mention] has piqued my interest in "the haven" on Norwegian.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

Thank me later. Top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

700 cheerleaders and their parents on the boat.

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Cheer families are worse than cruise families. You couldn’t pay me to be around that many of them. Also… not a sport. 

So far my daughter has shown no interest in cheerleading (fixated on ballet and gymnastics and sports so far).

I’m praying we avoid the whole cheerleader thing with her when she gets to junior high and high school.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 9:48 PM, atomheartbevo said:

So far my daughter has shown no interest in cheerleading (fixated on ballet and gymnastics and sports so far).

I’m praying we avoid the whole cheerleader thing with her when she gets to junior high and high school.

People also don't talk about all the injuries. It's a bad scene all around.

I am envious. Mine is interested in ballet, dance and cheer.

My most athletic kid is not interested in baseball. I think he is going to make horror films.