2022 Tour de Francis

Knoxtnhorn

Honored to get to start a thread.

Watching the time trial right now.  Pouring rain.  I'm lucky because, as a teacher, I'm always off this time of year and have plenty of time to enjoy the race.

7 Americans in this year.  I'm not sure if any of them are anything other than domestiques, but I'm curious as to if Jumbo would designate Kuss as the leader if something happened to Roglic.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Rangers fan. Baseball kills my will to live during July as we're already 30 games out. 

Rangers fan (I guess) as well. Saw Nolan’s 7th no-hitter from start to finish from the front 10 rows of the outfield and watched Juan González hit 4 dingers in a ~20-4 first home night game of the season back in ‘91 or so…

But baseball is mind-numbingly boring until the playoffs. 162 fucking games just to get to the games that actually matter…

image.gif.8a39ad7bea6697ad3c5b7e87d4f60292.gif

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Hard to understand what Van Aert was thinking. He should have stayed with the peloton. He'd still be in yellow. He lost more than seven minutes today. Mad respect for Roglic out there with a dislocated shoulder. Holy crap that's got to hurt.

He dropped on purposed to give TJV tactical flexibility going forward. He wasn't going to be in yellow up Planche de Belles Filles

10 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Hard to understand what Van Aert was thinking. He should have stayed with the peloton. He'd still be in yellow. He lost more than seven minutes today. Mad respect for Roglic out there with a dislocated shoulder. Holy crap that's got to hurt.

Pogacar humiliated Jumbo today.  I think the Van Aert side show will always cost Jumbo any chance at the yellow jersey.  What the fuck is Jumbo thinking coming in trying to protect 2 riders AND chase the green jersey…..AND spend all their energy trying to get WVA into that pointless break today.  

Jumbo needs to focus the strongest team in the world on one thing if they want to win the tour - beating Pogacar.  They still might not be able to because Pogacar is one of the best talents ever to come along, but they sure won’t be able to with the poor team management.  

Jumbo must have realized they can’t beat Pogacar, so now they are just using WVA for all the exposure they can get.  

44 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Another good day for Neilson Powless.  I can see why Beano Cook predicted he'd win 2 TdF's.

LOL - Nielson is great, but he’s not winning 2 tours anytime soon.  UAE may “give” him the jersey tomorrow just so that they don’t have to deal with it, but it will be taken back in cruel fashion later on in the race.

6 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Jumbo needs to focus the strongest team in the world on one thing if they want to win the tour - beating Pogacar.  They still might not be able to because Pogacar is one of the best talents ever to come along, but they sure won’t be able to with the poor team management.  

I mean that's all great in theory, but it requires being able to have someone crack Pog. The fundamentals really haven't changed for Jumbo. Either Vinegaard can break him in the high mountains or he can't, that's basically it. Jumbo driving a train up the mountain isn't going to do anything because it won't stretch Pog in the least.

• Hook 'Em 1