2022 Tour de Francis

Knoxtnhorn

1 hour ago, Litig8r said:

What climb is that?

The last climb on stage 11, Col du Granon. Just watched Lance and Hincapie's comments and Lance was saying they never even went up Col du Granon when he was on the tour even though they are right there at Alpe de Huez  because that climb is so freakin' hard.  Especially after Galibier.  Anyway, Lance and George don't understand what Pogacar was doing on earlier stages when he wasted so much energy chasing one or two seconds, maybe, saying that eats into your reserves over time. 9.2% for 12 kilometers at the end of a stage like today is only for the beastliest of men.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

On 7/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, Horn Dogg said:

Not including Pogacar, the UAE team got kind of exposed today, they were all burnt up.  

With Roglic looking pretty good, I’m thinking that when they get to the alps, Jumbo will start sending Roglic on the attack kind of early, like on the second to last mountain.  Not that Roglic will beat Pogacar, but with only 2 minutes and change, Pogacar can’t afford to let him go.  Pogacar’s team doesn’t seem good enough to chase down multiple attacks on long climbs, so Pogacar has to do it himself.  Jonas can just sit in Pogacar’s wheel and then attack him on the final long climb in the heat. Probably won’t work because Pogacar is so strong, but there’s a chance that it could on a longer climb and Jonas could take over.  If that happens, Pogacar can just limit his losses and win the time trial, but at least this race still has some potential to be entertaining.

Holy Crap ... that is some totally on-point soothsaying.  Do you have any stocks you can recommend?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

The last climb on stage 11, Col du Granon. Just watched Lance and Hincapie's comments and Lance was saying they never even went up Col du Granon when he was on the tour even though they are right there at Alpe de Huez  because that climb is so freakin' hard.  Especially after Galibier.  Anyway, Lance and George don't understand what Pogacar was doing on earlier stages when he wasted so much energy chasing one or two seconds, maybe, saying that eats into your reserves over time. 9.2% for 12 kilometers at the end of a stage like today is only for the beastliest of men.

No that's Lacets de Montvernier.

The Granon has only been used once before, in 1986. I actually remember it because Greg LeMond took the yellow jersey off Hinault there, and Hinault never wore it again.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's so goddamn inspiring watching these motherfuckers fly up the mountain, makes me want to hop on a bike.  Then I remember they're doing this 20 minutes deep into a 10% climb after 5 hours on the bike, and I get winded the first 50m of a local hill.

• Haha 1

Dude is a clown, perfect INEOS rider. Was a raging dick to all sorts of people on his way up, super arrogant. Only reason anyone even knows his name is Wout and MVdP took a bunch of time of Cross the past couple years.

58 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I didnt know that about pidcock but the ineos thing makes sense. 

outside of kwiatkowski and bernal though, theyre decent dudes

It's Geraint Thomas and then a pile of fucking psychopaths. I guess Pippo Ganna is ok.

Always wondered where they get the special jerseys to award. Are they premanufactured for each team just in case one of their riders win them. 

G650 is right. They have a sublimation printing machine near the podiums and print the jerseys as needed when they change hands. They may even print a new one at the end of each stage anyway. Those machines are pretty damn cool. I believe that all jerseys start as plain white and all the color and emblems are transferred into the fabric during the process.