2022 Tour de Francis

Knoxtnhorn

Nail in the fucking coffin.  Today has to be considered a loss for Pogochar. I don’t think it was necessarily a tactical  mistake, I think he knew when he needed to go and he just didn’t have the legs to do it.  He’ll gain some in the time trial but not nearly enough.

Edited by Your Mom

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Nail in the fucking coffin.  Today has to be considered a loss for Pogochar. I don’t think it was necessarily a technical mistake, I think he knew when he needed to go and he just didn’t have the legs to do it.  He’ll gain some in the time trial but not nearly enough.

I do. When your own rider blows up your team leader, what else could it be? And exactly as was noted on the 2nd climb - that move then did nothing, beyond maybe blow up a chance to make a similar move on the final climb.

I don't think Pogacar has it to win this race. But the tactics are just head scratching to me.

I mean, I guess it is a tactical mistake, but I don’t think it was because he didn’t realize he needed to  go earlier. I think he knew he needed to make that move much earlier but he’s just completely cooked.   Vingegaard is just the better rider at the moment. 

Edited by Your Mom

33 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Nail in the fucking coffin.

Eh maybe. I have penciled in Hautacam from the start as where the race will be decided. I wouldn't necessarily bet on a different outcome than today, but who knows.

31 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Is that on the Sky feed? Do they give ascent times?

I think as a whole the product that NBC/Vs/OLN puts out is solid.

Does Sky have a feed? I watch Eurosport. I thought they had all the UK rights but maybe not.

But no, I saw that from one of the myriad cycling accounts I follow.

• Hook 'Em 1

WHAT A TOUR!  Sheesh. So much drama. I predict Pogacar takes a minute out of Vinge tomorrow and scares him by almost catching him in the TT but loses by 14 seconds, the GC.  Because that's what I want to happen. Then I want Pogo within 4 seconds by the time they get to Paris and then to see him attack on the Champs d' Lysee. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, G650 said:

Ummm… Ulrich & Pantini were 2 of the biggest dopers in the entire tour before Lance came along. 

They both tested positive before 2000 and all kinds of shade was cast on the ‘97 & ‘98 TDF wins (respectively).

To beat their record from the ‘97 race… 💉🤯

SIDE NOTE: I watched the last day of the ‘97 Tour from the northern side of Place de la Concorde, so this hits close to home. 

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Ummm… Ulrich & Pantini were 2 of the biggest dopers in the entire tour before Lance came along. 

They both tested positive before 2000 and all kinds of shade was cast on the ‘97 & ‘98 TDF wins (respectively).

To beat their record from the ‘97 race… 💉🤯

SIDE NOTE: I watched the last day of the ‘97 Tour from the northern side of Place de la Concorde, so this hits close to home. 

Don't forget Richard Virenque being doped to the gills either! He was caught pretty much red handed!

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Txzen said:

The shocker is the guys in 97 are nearly as fast as the group today, while riding aluminum frame bikes, and aluminum box section rims with 32 spokes. 

:)

Shocker, first order determinant of moving an object up slope is mass vs power, and the "differences" in "pedaling efficiency"/"frame power transfer"/"bb stiffness"/etc are still bollocks. 

Vingegaard seems unbothered by these attacks but how many times can he match it?  Hincapie was talking about this the other day, how young riders try to attack and it fails and they so stop trying.  But it's all part of the process.  If your first 9 attacks don't work but the 10th one does... then the first 9 worked after all.  I think V stays with him all day today, but it'd be a lot more interesting if I'm wrong.  

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, what’s Phil talking about? He saw this with Lance. They didn’t use the kinky thing from Men in Black on him!

Holy shit Phil Liggett is still on? He's gotta be like the crypt keeper by now.