Surly Baseball or Softball Game(games?)

Fletch

On 7/19/2022 at 2:24 PM, capnamerca said:

I finally find this thread, and come to find out I'm already catching strays. Brutal, guys - just brutal.

I could be convinced to take some BP and play some catch ... can't this weekend, but could do something after work basically any night next week?

LOL that was a shot at myself for not hitting the cutoff man, not a shot at you. The first time I did it by accident and you let me hear about. The second time I did it for the LOLZ and would have got the runner out at home if ROFLBOX or whoever was playing catcher could catch. 

55 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

LOL that was a shot at myself for not hitting the cutoff man, not a shot at you. The first time I did it by accident and you let me hear about. The second time I did it for the LOLZ and would have got the runner out at home if ROFLBOX or whoever was playing catcher could catch. 

I remember that I started laughing when the ball wasn't even to you yet, because I knew the hero shot was coming and that throw wasn't going anywhere close to me lololol

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

Here are the odds of me practicing and playing, however, I do have a bad ass Costco membership and a monster cooler.  I buy the cold ones for you degenerates!

Hook'em 

f962a531adda69d0ce46dd274f1053dc.gif

Oh good fuck…you can play some corner outfield and hit 7th or whatever. And trust me, you can hit @B00M. @Helobious or @ztejas can’t, but you easily could 

@BrazilHorn @B00M @ztejas @shadow_operative @capnamerca @immamac @blacklab can any of y’all practice next week? Perhaps at old settlers park or northwest hills or maybe even Westlake high? Or just fucking any field that’ll have us….

This isn’t a game, this is our fucking lives!!!!!!!

Edited by Fletch

can't this weekend - taking care of that whole "able to father children" thing on Friday.

next week after work is a maybe. Aside from it being 9000 degrees outside, it's the first week of school.  Maybe next Friday morning for an hour or so? 830-930, something like that?

17 hours ago, B00M said:

I'm in

I Can Do What I Want Parks And Recreation GIF

11 hours ago, capnamerca said:

can't this weekend - taking care of that whole "able to father children" thing on Friday.

next week after work is a maybe. Aside from it being 9000 degrees outside, it's the first week of school.  Maybe next Friday morning for an hour or so? 830-930, something like that?

What if we pivoted and played a bull shit softball game? Clearly we’re not going to have the numbers for a full blown ball game, though I wish we could, but a 7ish pm softball game sounds more realistic. Especially for broken ole bastards like @BigSwingingD and @Cajun

But @B00M and I would prefer a full blown baseball game. And B00M and I get to be on the same team. @ztejas can be the other team captain. Don’t worry. Whoever ends up on that worthless cocksuckers team is in good hands. He’s got upper management material 

On 7/14/2022 at 7:19 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

The shaggybevo softball team that played down at Riverside and Pleasant Valley back in the day wasn’t terrible. I’d say I’m sorry we didn’t play again, except I bet y’all did play again and didn’t invite me because I refused to utilize Captain America as a cutoff man. 

fuck you, plenty of us were terrible 

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 12:56 AM, Fletch said:

What if we pivoted and played a bull shit softball game? Clearly we’re not going to have the numbers for a full blown ball game, though I wish we could, but a 7ish pm softball game sounds more realistic. Especially for broken ole bastards like @BigSwingingD and @Cajun

But @B00M and I would prefer a full blown baseball game. And B00M and I get to be on the same team. @ztejas can be the other team captain. Don’t worry. Whoever ends up on that worthless cocksuckers team is in good hands. He’s got upper management material 

Yall should find some church sponsoring a weekend softball tournament and come out there with Boom MFer t-shirts and a couple cases ABW Pearl Snap. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...