Best song driven by guitar

VABuckeye

58 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Song that from beginning to end has the guitar line as the main theme of the song.  Maybe my drunk ass isn’t eloquent tonight. 

That’s a great song. I’ve mentioned before that Steely Dan put out six straight albums without a bad song in the lot. But which came first in Reelin’ in the Years? The theme or the guitar part? There are stretches where there’s no guitar at all. I don’t know and can’t say.

Here’s the first thing that came to mind for me:

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s a great song. I’ve mentioned before that Steely Dan put out six straight albums without a bad song in the lot. But which came first in Reelin’ in the Years? The theme or the guitar part? There are stretches where there’s no guitar at all. I don’t know and can’t say.

Here’s the first thing that came to mind for me:

This is a pile of smoking dog shit on a front porch. GTFO with your music tastes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Chilly Water said:

This is a pile of smoking dog shit on a front porch. GTFO with your music tastes. 

You’re an idiot. Especially if you think Comfortably Numb is a guitar-driven song. It’s a good song with a guitar solo. There are thousands of songs like that. Listen to it and notice how deep into the song you get before the guitar even starts, rook.

Why Comfortably Numb and not Mother?

That’s a rhetorical question  I don’t expect you to come up with a cogent response.

8 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Holy Jesus fuckballs. The topic is best guitar-driven songs and the first three entries are Steely Dan, The Eagles, and Pink Floyd?!? Did I accidentally stumble into musicforpussies.org?

I was starting to worry if we needed to call in a wellness check on you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit, GWAR + Boston!

I never saw Kansas or GWAR, although I know a dude who has produced/recorded some of GWAR's albums, but I did see Boston on the tour for their second album.  Scholtz totally rocked the organ (errr) on "Foreplay".

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, whatever you like, if you're talkin' rock'n'roll, you must include something by the two individuals who more than anyone anywhere anytime influenced the R&R guitar sound - "guitar driven?"  Shit, ain't nuthin' top these two:

T-Bone:

And the other one you know but ten thousand kids took up guitar after hearing this barrage in 1958 - there is no single riff, period, which more  influenced rock and roll forever - ALL of 'em here and anyone you can name were influenced by this song, ain't no exceptions:

• Hook 'Em 2