BB24

UTPhil2006

3 hours ago, McFly said:

Michael is far from the best player. He was good at competitions but that doesn’t make one great. Also I think you have to make final 3 to even be considered great. 
And I don’t care what Reddit guy says, Michael was 100% trying to guilt trip Turner or why even bring it up. 
The mens alliance was all bullshit. Michael had no intention of staying true to it and, obviously, neither did Turner or Monte. 

that was michael's point. he was asking turner, "why would you even approach me and tell me that you'd never evict me as the only other lgbtq member of the house if you were just going to do it anyway?". it's a pretty natural question. would be the same if monte had approached taylor and said he'd never evict her as a black woman, only for him to turn right around and do just that. taylor would be asking monte that same question.

6 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Sound like your mind is already made up, but that's the exact question Michael asked Turner.  Michael's crime was asking Turner why even bring the LGBT stuff up if you didn't mean it.  

Crime? It was a guilt trip to keep himself off the block. I don't think sexual preference or race should be a reason to nominate or evict, or should even be part of the game. Turner should never have said that to Michael. But Michael hoped he could use that to keep from being nominated. I don't fault Michael for it because Turner introduced it.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

that was michael's point. he was asking turner, "why would you even approach me and tell me that you'd never evict me as the only other lgbtq member of the house if you were just going to do it anyway?". it's a pretty natural question. would be the same if monte had approached taylor and said he'd never evict her as a black woman, only for him to turn right around and do just that. taylor would be asking monte that same question.

I agree it's natural question after Turner made that comment. He's still trying to make him feel guilty and change his mind, by definition a guilt trip. Michael was clearly willing to do or say whatever it took to stay in the house, I don't blame him for that. Maybe that is why Turner said it in the first place, to keep Michael from nominating him. Regardless, it shouldn't be part of the game, even if that's what CBS wants to generate headlines and ratings.

So I guess the winner each season now will be based on race, gendere, wokeness.  Monte won more comps, was on the block less, took out the two players with the most wins, and played a great social game.  He lost this bc he was sitting next to a black woman.  Props to Taylor for staying in the game as long as she did given half the house wanted her out but she didn’t really contribute shit to any of her alliances and had little impact on the game.  I actually enjoyed most of the season but why play the game if the best player doesn’t actually win.

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Monte is a dumbass. I’m typing this and the matter has yet to be decided, but I predict Taylor wins in a blowout. 

what a fucking idiot this guy is. he let her slide into his bed during his most powerful hoh and just take the $750k away from him. she did nothing in this game- nothing- and now she's the winner because monte is a fucking dumbass. she played you dude. what an idiot. 

21 minutes ago, victory88 said:

So I guess the winner each season now will be based on race, gendere, wokeness.  Monte won more comps, was on the block less, took out the two players with the most wins, and played a great social game.  He lost this bc he was sitting next to a black woman.  Props to Taylor for staying in the game as long as she did given half the house wanted her out but she didn’t really contribute shit to any of her alliances and had little impact on the game.  I actually enjoyed most of the season but why play the game if the best player doesn’t actually win.

LOL at all if the girls walking up to out there key and just flat out saying, "i'm voting for the woman/black woman." such a good season with a such a shit ending. who cares who won the most comps and avoided the block, just make the wokest vote possible. if next year they cast a trans, black, vegan, lesbian, muslim little person it is OVER. 

I didn't watch yet and just looked up the cast.  I always like to be a superficial asshole and make 1st impression guesses based on a photo alone.  
Here is what I got this season:

Taylor  - Will have Monte following her around.  Will probably be pretty cut throat and wreck these fools

Took awhile but yeah lol

Taylor is going to be treated as a BB icon, when in reality she didn't do a got damn thing all summer. That's so crazy to me. she won two comps and did nothing else of consequence, other than using the ole honeypot trap on monte which worked to perfection. oh and good luck every trying to point this out to anyone. twitter is fucking rabid with Taylor Fever, and has been all summer. she is their queen, and they are out for blood when it comes to anyone doing anything other than worshipping her. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, victory88 said:

I'm going to guess you didn't even listen to the jury questions or their speeches.   Obviously you think anything that benefits someone who isn't a white male is wokeism.  Maybe go back and watch her kick the living shit out of him in the questions and closing speech.  He literally used the same answer for 2 of his 3 questions.  And all of his answers were awful.  She had a clear plan going in, knew the best way to answer any questions, and gave the best final speech in BB history.  Monte went in like he was winging it and it showed.  The jury got it right.    

4 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm going to guess you didn't even listen to the jury questions or their speeches.   Obviously you think anything that benefits someone who isn't a white male is wokeism.  Maybe go back and watch her kick the living shit out of him in the questions and closing speech.  He literally used the same answer for 2 of his 3 questions.  And all of his answers were awful.  She had a clear plan going in, knew the best way to answer any questions, and gave the best final speech in BB history.  Monte went in like he was winging it and it showed.  The jury got it right.    

LOL wut. she deserves to win based on a single q&a at the very end of the game? i don't think so. if monte and taylor were football teams, then we just watched a 60 minute game where monte beat taylor 45-14. only then we went to a panel of judges who nearly all have an agenda, and they decided that taylor won the game after all, and in dominating fashion no less. i mean dude, they were literally saying out loud that they were voting because she's a woman/black woman. she did nothing in the house to earn the win. nothing. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

If he should have, he would have.

no. since i've been watching BB the winners are people who didn't deserve it more often than the other way around. fucking josh and nicole winning their seasons, lol. Taylor did nothing that even impacted the game this summer. it's an unfortunate truth, but she very clearly won the game because the jury wanted a black woman to win.

nothing taylor did inside the house merited a win, and in fact nobody other than monte, turner, and michael really deserved to win based on actual game play. hell, her own reasoning for why she should win was basically, "break the cycle, vote for a black woman." it feels cheap to me. i spent the entire summer watching the game 3x a week only for none of it to even matter in the end. it might be a noble cause, but it's a wack ass ending. 

6 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Lol, I’m a minority male immigrant.  Get the fuck outta here.

18 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Obviously you think anything that benefits someone who isn't a white male is wokeism.  Maybe go back and watch her kick the living shit out of him in the questions and closing speech.  He literally used the same answer for 2 of his 3 questions.  And all of his answers were awful.  She had a clear plan going in, knew the best way to answer any questions, and gave the best final speech in BB history.  Monte went in like he was winging it and it showed.  The jury got it right.    

if the resumes were even close, then it would absolutely, 100% matter that she smoked him in Q&A and the speech...but the resume's were not anywhere close.

at the end of the day the question is, what matters more to you? the Q&A or the other 99.9% of the season?

for me personally, i am going with the much larger part (the resume) vs the Q&A. that is what frustrated me with the result.

there was nothing gameplay wise that said it should have been an 8-1 vote.

Resume:

Spoiler

TH:

• nominated 6 times for eviction
  • 0/6 in POVs
  • 2 HOH (Indy and Britt)

MT:

• 2 HOH (Nicole and Alyssa)
  • 2 POV victories (directly led to Michael getting evicted + Brittany)
  • Won Part 2 and Part 3 of final HOH
  • First BBUSA houseguest to have a 4 week winning streak to reach f2 - immune from Final 6 onwards

MT:

• 2 HOH (Ameerah blindside, Kyle*)

Taylor set some records that will not be beaten in the near future I bet, TH was the winner with the most nominations ever to win with 6 (BBUSA+BBCAN), 2nd BBUSA house guest to ever win without ever winning a POV (after Derrick L), 2nd BBUSA house guest ever to win while losing both parts of the final HOH competition (Maggie A)

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Do they give the final two the questions in advance?   Taylor seemed rehearsed.  

don't think they get the Q's ahead of time, she just was the right combo of prepared + polished.

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

Yeah shes a beauty pageant robot. She probably rehearsed that shit for a few hours

she did spend hours per feeders on preparing/practicing her speech and i assume preparing for the Q&A

On 9/27/2022 at 9:49 AM, NoName said:

if the resumes were even close, then it would absolutely, 100% matter that she smoked him in Q&A and the speech...but the resume's were not anywhere close.

at the end of the day the question is, what matters more to you? the Q&A or the other 99.9% of the season?

for me personally, i am going with the much larger part (the resume) vs the Q&A. that is what frustrated me with the result.

Resume:

Reveal hidden contents

TH:

• 0/6 in POVs
  • 2 HOH (Indy and Britt)

MT:

• First BBUSA houseguest to have a 4 week winning streak to reach f2 - immune from Final 6 onwards

MT:

Taylor set some records that will not be beaten in the near future I bet, TH was the winner with the most nominations ever to win with 6 (BBUSA+BBCAN), 2nd BBUSA house guest to ever win without ever winning a POV (after Derrick L), 2nd BBUSA house guest ever to win while losing both parts of the final HOH competition (Maggie A)

I think it's kind of like baseball analytics.  Yeah Monty had more HRs, RBIs, and a higher batting average.  They were fairly hollow stats that didn't really do that much for his game until the very end.  Nothing else in his game impressed me, or the jury obviously.  He had an easy ride this season.  The jury doesn't know everything that we know and it's player's job to relate that to them so they will see them as a worthy winner.  Monty did a TERRIBLE job at that and Taylor gave probably the best final argument in BB history.  At the end of the day, what matters more to you and me is irrelevant.  We know more than the jury and Monty and Taylor's actions had zero emotional effect on us or our opinion.  Every season we have this debate about jury management.  Taylor managed and manipulated the jury into giving her first place.  I have been told every season that that is part of the game.  The game doesn't end until the votes are cast.  It seems like a lot of people are forgetting that this year and some of them instantly go straight to "wokeness" as the reason.  I don't remember hearing too many complaints when Paul lost to Josh and that was a bitter jury.  This jury wasn't bitter.  They were manipulated by an exceptional public speaker.  It sure seems like the rules change around her an awful lot.   

Resume:
Spoiler

TH:

• 0/6 in POVs
  • 2 HOH (Indy and Britt)
MT:
MT:

Where do you have “building relationships with the jurors” on their resumes?

The point of Big Brother is not to win comps or even to avoid the block. The point is to get to the final two and to then get a majority of the jury to vote for you. Winning comps can certainly be a tool for getting to the end, and they can be a tool for winning votes to the degree jurors think they should matter, but they don’t have to be.

Taylor's speech ended with... you can either vote for the same winner, someone who wins competitions or you can vote for progress.  What the fuck does progress mean?

If I had to guess, I’d say it means vote against the shitty bullies and racists this game continually casts and vote to change how players play the game going forward. BB is a game or bullying. Always has been. Lock people in a house 24/7 and they’re worst side eventually comes out. Kind of like this thread. You guys should be applauding her for withstanding all the shit treatment she got with class and grace. Not once did she react in a shitty way. Legendary performance by her and people are bitching about the parts of her resume that falls short of Monty’s and completely disregarding the parts of her resume where she destroyed him by a much wider margin. I’d say I guess it depends on what you think is important, but that isn’t what this is about.

4 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I think it's kind of like baseball analytics.  Yeah Monty had more HRs, RBIs, and a higher batting average.  They were fairly hollow stats that didn't really do that much for his game until the very end.  Nothing else in his game impressed me, or the jury obviously.  He had an easy ride this season.  The jury doesn't know everything that we know and it's player's job to relate that to them so they will see them as a worthy winner.  Monty did a TERRIBLE job at that and Taylor gave probably the best final argument in BB history.  At the end of the day, what matters more to you and me is irrelevant.  We know more than the jury and Monty and Taylor's actions had zero emotional effect on us or our opinion.  Every season we have this debate about jury management.  Taylor managed and manipulated the jury into giving her first place.  I have been told every season that that is part of the game.  The game doesn't end until the votes are cast.  It seems like a lot of people are forgetting that this year and some of them instantly go straight to "wokeness" as the reason.  I don't remember hearing too many complaints when Paul lost to Josh and that was a bitter jury.  This jury wasn't bitter.  They were manipulated by an exceptional public speaker.  It sure seems like the rules change around her an awful lot.   

i won't go against the baseball analytics, but the comparison here is that Taylor was 1-4 with a single going into the 9th and hit a HR, while Monty was 3/4 with a HR, a couple of doubles and 3 RBI but struck out to get the game to Taylor, who hit a game winning HR.

Taylor did quite well on jury management - no argument here. but is Q&A + jury management + sliding your way into the finale the best player? or is the one who was consistently better through the whole season. again, for me it's the rest of the season vs the last game.

to be clear, i am not one of those people who think Taylor had no business winning - but i also don't believe the people that think Taylor is one of the greatest HGs of all time and a top 3 winner. if we are basing it on her results, she absolutely is not. is she a great BB story? 100%, absolutely.

i haven't said anything about wokeness being why she won at all? nor do i think it was a bitter jury.

Taylor flat out had the best finale night i personally have ever seen on BB and smoked it for sure.

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

Taylor's speech ended with... you can either vote for the same winner, someone who wins competitions or you can vote for progress.  What the fuck does progress mean?

her final quote:

“We can have the same Big Brother wins that we’ve had in the past, but I am challenging you, jury members,” she noted. “I thought I would humbly ask you for your vote. But I’m challenging all of you to decide what type of winner you want to have this year.” 

“Do you want the same thing where we see evictions and comp wins be the path to success?” she asked. “Or do we want a winner where we choose resilency? We choose persistence as a reason to win this game. I have never given up on myself, and I refuse to do it tonight when I’m sitting next to such a strong competitor. Jury members, I’m challenging you to make the hard decision and change the course of this game and choose progress of the course of this game. I can be the winner of this season, and I promise you will not do it in vain if you choose me tonight.”

i think the progress part was about changing from hard power (comp wins/evictions) to more soft power (jury mgmt/relationships)

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

The point of Big Brother is not to win comps or even to avoid the block. The point is to get to the final two and to then get a majority of the jury to vote for you. Winning comps can certainly be a tool for getting to the end, and they can be a tool for winning votes to the degree jurors think they should matter, but they don’t have to be.

dude that is a great point - the point is to get to f2 and get them to vote for you...which she did. hats off to her. that was one of the many failures for monte on finale night btw, he did a terrible job pointing out the resume/game difference between the two of them

my point with her "resume" is more that it's one of the weakest ever to actually win and it isn't sustainable to expect that to be the case moving forward. she did a fantastic job on relationship and jury mgmt. and monte 100% absolutely picked the wrong person to take to the final, but we all knew that before he even announced his final choice.

good for her and glad she won the $800k plus cruise!

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

If I had to guess, I’d say it means vote against the shitty bullies and racists this game continually casts and vote to change how players play the game going forward. BB is a game or bullying. Always has been. Lock people in a house 24/7 and they’re worst side eventually comes out. Kind of like this thread. You guys should be applauding her for withstanding all the shit treatment she got with class and grace. Not once did she react in a shitty way. Legendary performance by her and people are bitching about the parts of her resume that falls short of Monty’s and completely disregarding the parts of her resume where she destroyed him by a much wider margin. I’d say I guess it depends on what you think is important, but that isn’t what this is about.

dude i saw enough of this kind of point of view on the bb subreddit to last me a lifetime. did she do a great job? sure. but stop hinting at the fact that anyone who thinks she shouldn't have won is some shitty person to aligns themselves with shitty people and think the only reason she won because she is african american. nobody here has said that. stop. please.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

dude i saw enough of this kind of point of view on the bb subreddit to last me a lifetime. did she do a great job? sure. but stop hinting at the fact that anyone who thinks she shouldn't have won is some shitty person to aligns themselves with shitty people and think the only reason she won because she is african american. nobody here has said that. stop. please.

Maybe you saw it a lot because it's true?  I'm not hinting at anything.  I'm saying it.  Except the shitty people part.  I was referring to some of the awful former HGs.  But did you not see the dozen posts saying the only reason she won was wokeness?  What else would they be referring to?  Hot chick bias?  Pageant girl bias?  They are without a doubt saying the only reason she won was because she's an AA woman and totally discounting the more subtle nuanced game she played.   She did exactly what she had to do to win the game.   Monty did exactly what he needed to do to lose it.  It wasn't wokeness.  It wasn't a bitter jury.  It was a masterful display of jury manipulation and it makes her an all-timer in my book.  

10 hours ago, DanRydell said:

if what you say is true then it makes BB a show that i probably don't want to watch going forward. why did i just spend my entire summer watching Monte dominate the comps while Taylor did nothing, all so that on finale night we could just throw away everything we saw and say, "none of that matters, all that matters is who the 9 most recent losers like the most between the final two"? i spent three nights a week watching a game being played that in the end didn't even matter.

again, it was like a football game where monte won 45-14 over taylor, only after the final whistle we said, "ok but what does this panel of judges who are heavily slanted in favor of taylor think of the game?" to which they all said, "we like taylor better, and we like her story better, so forget the scoreboard, Taylor wins the game."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Maybe you saw it a lot because it's true?  I'm not hinting at anything.  I'm saying it.  Except the shitty people part.  I was referring to some of the awful former HGs.  But did you not see the dozen posts saying the only reason she won was wokeness?  What else would they be referring to?  Hot chick bias?  Pageant girl bias?  They are without a doubt saying the only reason she won was because she's an AA woman and totally discounting the more subtle nuanced game she played.   She did exactly what she had to do to win the game.   Monty did exactly what he needed to do to lose it.  It wasn't wokeness.  It wasn't a bitter jury.  It was a masterful display of jury manipulation and it makes her an all-timer in my book.  

i have zero problem saying it: a white man who played the exact same game as taylor probably gets zero votes, and is absolutely nowhere near being named some sort of BB legend. taylor's story is the reason she was voted for, and her story centers around her being a black woman in the new age of BB, an age that started last summer with the cookout. her speeches amounted to, "do you want to vote for the player who played the best game, or do you want to continue the legacy of The Cookout?" she does not win if she is not a black woman. 

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

if what you say is true then it makes BB a show that i probably don't want to watch going forward. why did i just spend my entire summer watching Monte dominate the comps while Taylor did nothing, all so that on finale night we could just throw away everything we saw and say, "none of that matters, all that matters is who the 9 most recent losers like the most between the final two"? i spent three nights a week watching a game being played that in the end didn't even matter.

again, it was like a football game where monte won 45-14 over taylor, only after the final whistle we said, "ok but what does this panel of judges who are heavily slanted in favor of taylor think of the game?" to which they all said, "we like taylor better, and we like her story better, so forget the scoreboard, Taylor wins the game."

Maybe you should stop watching it.  If you're looking for more shows to stop watching, I'd be happy to give you a list.   

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Of course it's true, and it always has been true. Fortunately there are literally countless other TV shows you can watch that don't involve a winner being declared by the judgment of their competitors.

Of course it's true, and it always has been true. Fortunately there are literally countless other TV shows you can watch that don't involve a winner being declared by the judgment of their competitors.

It’s called The Challenge. He literally describes the game of BB and then bitches because he doesn’t like the game he just described. Yet he continues to watch it and bitch about it. Such a Derka.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

It’s called The Challenge. He literally describes the game of BB and then bitches because he doesn’t like the game he just described. Yet he continues to watch it and bitch about it. Such a Derka.

jesus christ you are such a whiny twat. it's hilarious that you talk about anyone else bitching or being upset, considering these tantrums that you constantly throw whenever someone says anything critical of a tv show that you like. you are a child. grow up.