Boo fucking Hoo Brittney Griner

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, Covri said:

Bout is ethnic Ukrainian according to Wikipedia so I assume Dark Brandon may have more up his sleeve than simply bringing Griner home....

#4DBackgammon

Yeah I doubt they’re just releasing him and saying “ok have a great life!” He’ll be surveilled at the very least 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Whelan’s brother doesn’t believe the US has anyone the Russians want in exchange for him per CNN

that is just awful. ugh. first thing I thought when I heard it was just her was what about him. I bet he feels completely forsaken. my heart breaks for him and his family. jesus.

US should go find one or thirty to make it happen. f putin.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Bout, a former Soviet military officer, was serving a 25-year prison sentence in the United States on charges of conspiring to kill Americans, acquire and export anti-aircraft missiles, and provide material support to a terrorist organization. Bout has maintained he is innocent.

seems like a fair trade.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Walser said:

You should reevaluate your take. Because it’s bad.

Explain it then, because all I know is...

Whelan been held longer, baseless claim, US Veteran

Griner been held shorter period, actually commited a crime (in their country and is currently a crime in ours)

for a known arms dealer against America

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Explain it then, because all I know is...

Whelan been held longer, baseless claim, US Veteran

Griner been held shorter period, actually commited a crime (in their country and is currently a crime in ours)

for a known arms dealer against America

because inaction until the conditions are perfect in the middle of a fucking war is how wars are lost.

• Hook 'Em 2

1. I'm glad she's coming home. It should be the duty of the U.S. government to ensure any citizen detained in a country like Russia is brought home.

2. Can I say that I'm upset that she put herself in this sort of position from a national standpoint? My understanding is that she hasn't disputed the circumstances of the case. She did what they said she did. This isn't getting caught with a cartridge in Florida or Virginia or even a friendly country like England. It's being busted in Russia of all places, which given your fame, makes you a pawn in international politics. Our nation loses leverage because of a boneheaded move.

If she is falsely accused, completely different story. But I haven't seen that to be the case.

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

because inaction until the conditions are perfect in the middle of a fucking war is how wars are lost.

Then trade for Whalen. This would still be weak regardless, but at least it'd fair between the two individuals. I'm of course assuming there wasn't a secret part to this deal, but given the political pressures, a straight 1 to 1 seems most likely, and by most objective measures, lopsided. If you can't see that, you might check your priors. We'd say the same about Whalen, while still being happy for the individual and their family, as most normal people are in the present situation, but it can be both a happy situation and a weak and unfair one at the same time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

God forbid Bout is released at a time when his business can't thrive. I guess it worked out for him.

His network is still out there. He can bring the boys back together under a different face. From Serbian weapons to aircraft operating out of Sharjah, none of it went away. He knew how to do it and who to connect. He can still do that from a Dacha somewhere. 

Britanny broke the law. We have Americans all over the world in jails for narcotics crimes and we rarely do a thing about it. 

Guess it is time for a ticket parade for her. May I suggest they hold it in Waco. 

Sorry Paul, we will see who we can trade you for. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Then trade for Whalen. This would still be weak regardless, but at least it'd fair between the two individuals. I'm of course assuming there wasn't a secret part to this deal, but given the political pressures, a straight 1 to 1 seems most likely, and by most objective measures, lopsided. If you can't see that, you might check your priors. We'd say the same about Whalen, while still being happy for the individual and their family, as most normal people are in the present situation, but it can be both a happy situation and a weak and unfair one at the same time. 

Or Marc Fogel maybe?? He commited almost the exact same "crime" as Griner and has been held longer.  He's still sitting over there wondering WTF.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Why they decided to portray family as only supportive of the decision and didn't even include their frustration.  Very headline biased tweet

The bro who wrote the tweet was from Fox News. Does that help your biased narrative and conspiracy?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

The bro who wrote the tweet was from Fox News. Does that help your biased narrative and conspiracy?

Not when it's getting blasted around and he doesn't share the rest of what the family actually said.  He could have just as easily linked to the full statement. That's my issue with it.

28 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Why they decided to portray family as only supportive of the decision and didn't even include their frustration.  Very headline biased tweet

The big controversy that you Daily Texan folk are trying to create is a false narrative between Brittney or Paul.  The quote in that tweet directly address this, and squashes that potential controversy - hence that part of the statement being newsworthy.

"....and our family is still sad about Paul..."

Holy shit, can't believe the reporter left that shocking revelation out of his summary.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Is it not possible that we're  effectively getting Griner back simply by converting the Merchant's 25 year American sentence to a Russian death sentence?

He will be hailed as a national hero and locked up and controlled in a Dacha somewhere. Maybe they will let him hang out with Segal, but they will keep close wraps on him. 

38 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

His network is still out there. He can bring the boys back together under a different face. From Serbian weapons to aircraft operating out of Sharjah, none of it went away. He knew how to do it and who to connect. He can still do that from a Dacha somewhere. 

Britanny broke the law. We have Americans all over the world in jails for narcotics crimes and we rarely do a thing about it. 

Guess it is time for a ticket parade for her. May I suggest they hold it in Waco. 

Sorry Paul, we will see who we can trade you for. 

Are you certain Brittney was lying when she said she brought less than 1 gm of thc oil with her by accident? What if she was telling the truth? Would you be more sympathetic to her case? Or is there something else you have against her?

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

You should probably educate yourself on what went down...oh and take it to the Brittney Griner thread. 

• Hook 'Em 3