Boo fucking Hoo Brittney Griner

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Are you certain Brittney was lying when she said she brought less than 1 gm of thc oil with her by accident? What if she was telling the truth? Would you be more sympathetic to her case? Or is there something else you have against her?

Nothing at all. Being discussed at length in the CR. Agree this is not the thread for it. 

59 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is probably the id position of about 30% of mouth-breathing Americans who will express their "outrage" over this swap. They have never heard of Viktor Bout until today.

This isn't really about who Ms. Grinder was swapped for and more about that there was a swap at all. They wanted her to rot in Russia.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nothing at all. Being discussed at length in the CR. Agree this is not the thread for it. 

There seems to be a disproportional level of blame placed on Brittney for her situation than what the knowable facts would suggest is appropriate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There seems to be a disproportional level of blame placed on Brittney for her situation than what the knowable facts would suggest is appropriate. 

she said she had it, albeit accidentally. You ever try that with APD? 

Other thread, happy to debate there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I remember when it was the Republicans who had an "irrational" hate for Russia.  I guess we can all "remember" when Republicans freed the slaves too. times change, but racist always gonna racist.  no American should serve a sentence in Russian prison, for any reason.  freedom of speech is sacrosanct and her views are not a predeterminer of her fate on this issue.  all military and intelligence personnel should be brought home too, the efforts should be never ending.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I didn’t have Micah Parsons going full MAGA about this on my 2022 Bingo card.

😳

Broken brain both siderism. They truly think Biden was like “nah nuck that guy” with Whelan 

Happy for BG and her family/friends  

As the son of military officer who did not wear a uniform when working in hostile nations, I can sense some of the pain the Whelan family must feel when these prisoner swaps occur and Whelan is left behind.

With clandestine work, the family is part of the team. They know the risk. That doesn’t take away the grief, but it is part of the pride one has in serving a nation. 

🇺🇸 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Broken brain both siderism. They truly think Biden was like “nah nuck that guy” with Whelan 

The other sect have been calling Biden a racist for the last year for not caring about Griner at all. People are stupid, there's definitely some "both sides" to that, although one side has taken it to 11, as most recently evidenced by Georgia nearly electing a sack of mashed potatoes to the senate.

Just now, 'stache said:

The other sect have been calling Biden a racist for the last year for not caring about Griner at all. People are stupid, there's definitely some "both sides" to that, although one side has taken it to 11, as most recently evidenced by Georgia nearly electing a sack of mashed potatoes to the senate.

How dare you, Lindsey Graham said the GOP can’t be racist if Walker won. Which he didn’t, so….

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Bout, a former Soviet military officer, was serving a 25-year prison sentence in the United States on charges of conspiring to kill Americans, acquire and export anti-aircraft missiles, and provide material support to a terrorist organization. Bout has maintained he is innocent.

seems like a fair trade.

Yea her life just isn’t as valuable as that guy. 
shut the fuck up

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yea I bet they didn’t try to negotiate at all. I’m sure they just told Russia they only wanted Griner. 
What do you think your point even is?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I’m fine with this assuming that the government has some plan in place to keep about in check.  I would be pissed if we had passed on Whelan for Grindr but it sounds like that is not the case.

Goddamn auto-correct, right? NTTIAWWT

• Haha 5

No doubt we needed you on the case, Mr. Art of the Deal.

Little Jimmy. It’s pretty obvious this was political, you and I agree. Yea? Griner getting arrested suddenly greased the wheels to swap a guy who’s been here for 14 years for one of our guys who’s been there for 4?

Was there any previous offers to swap between those 2 prior to Griner going full regard?
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I’m fine with this assuming that the government has some plan in place to keep about in check.  I would be pissed if we had passed on Whelan for Grindr but it sounds like that is not the case.

Of course that’s not the case. We don’t “pass” on one in favor of the other and anyone thinking that isn’t smart enough to post on the internet and should go back to bumfuck Minnesota 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Little Jimmy. It’s pretty obvious this was political, you and I agree. Yea? Griner getting arrested suddenly greased the wheels to swap a guy who’s been here for 14 years for one of our guys who’s been there for 4?

Was there any previous offers to swap between those 2 prior to Griner going full regard?

Any prisoner swap between two countries is political. It's in the literal definition of political.

a: of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Of course that’s not the case. We don’t “pass” on one in favor of the other and anyone thinking that isn’t smart enough to post on the internet and should go back to bumfuck Minnesota 

I thought our Secretary of State-in-waiting lived in bumfuck Fargo. Not even Minnesota wants him.

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The only direct evidence we have from the government on this is that Russia wouldn't make a deal for Whelan. He was off the table. 

I also love how the usual crowd continue on about what a bad person Griner is, usually more about kneeling for the anthem and less about domestic stuff, and crowing about Whelan, whose personal character is, lets say, somewhat questionable. n

It was during his final tour in Iraq that Whelan was charged with larceny after trying to steal $10,000 and bouncing about $6,000 in checks, according to the Washington Post. He also used another person's Social Security number in trying to advance his own rank and pay. He was court-martialed and discharged for bad conduct in 2008. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/01/07/paul-whelan-michigan-spy-russia/2496053002/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So no, and we knew it.It took griner being a dumbass to even attempt to get whelan swapped. Throw it at the wall and see if it sticks.

You have an interesting take on things.

Not really.  

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

was there a whelan for bout offer prior to griner getting arrested?

Do you know there wasn't?

Regarding Bout, if he had served the majority of his sentence, then it seems like a great swap to me, regardless of who is on the other end.  Here in the United States we release prisoners when their sentence is up, and often before.  Bout was losing value.  Griner was in prison for something that isn't an imprisonable crime in the US.  Whelan?  Well, that's a different story, and if the Russians refused to negotiate for him, then Griner was certainly an acceptable alternative.

• Hook 'Em 2