Boo fucking Hoo Brittney Griner

Gil Bang

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Biden elevating the story points to what shit place Russia is. Maybe a few GQPs will change their allegiance back to the United States.

For a black lesbian?  Fat chance.  More likely hoping for the death penalty.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, F250 said:

Another American caught 14 years in a Russian prison for weed about a month ago.

How much, I wonder?  So she might even be getting off lightly.   I remember fondly the customs cards you sign as you enter Singapore and Oz.   Prepare for no lube if you’re bringing in any drugs. 

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How much, I wonder?  So she might even be getting off lightly.   I remember fondly the customs cards you sign as you enter Singapore and Oz.   Prepare for no lube if you’re bringing in any drugs. 

Contrast with back in the 90's on a train in Germany when authorities rifled through a duffle bag and just confiscated a little hash.

Just a different global landscape and world we live in for those of us old geezers with young kids and thinking about the world they will grow to inhabit without us.

Britney Griner, while not anyone on here's favorite person, is still someone's daughter and wife and I can't help but feel for her. I hope her pleading guilty will get her home and not be a bad strategic move that makes her hole deeper, but at this point I wouldn't doubt that as an option too.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not very much. Little over half an ounce.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-american-medical-marijuana-prison/31902563.html

Fogel was quoted at the time as saying that he had not known that medical marijuana was illegal in Russia. His lawyers said then that Russian authorities had found 17 grams of marijuana in his possession.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Regardless she's in a bad situation that she created. Any American traveling overseas should watch Midnight Express.

Well, I mean--ok.  But there's a spectrum, right? 

On one end of the spectrum is Canada.  Pretty much nothing that won't get you in trouble in the US is going to get you in trouble in Canada. 

And on the other end of the spectrum North Korea and Iran.  Those kind of countries will just fucking kidnap you, trump up some charges about espionage, and hold you until they get some political concession from the State Department (which may or may not come before you die from the torture you'll inevitably receive).

And I kind of feel like February 17 was a date on which Russia transitioned from being in the middle third of the spectrum (if only barely) to waaaay over on the North Korea end of the spectrum.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Britney Griner, while not anyone on here's favorite person, is still someone's daughter and wife and I can't help but feel for her. I hope her pleading guilty will get her home and not be a bad strategic move that makes her hole deeper, but at this point I wouldn't doubt that as an option too.

I'm guessing Britney and some of the other Americans will be part of a prisoner exchange. There is that other guy that's been held in Russia for over 3 years.

14 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Those have to be some awkward conversations. “Hi guys, it’s me Britney. Yeah, the one that wants to ban the national anthem and kneels at games. Anyway…. can you guys help me out here?” 

Do you know what year it is? 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

This is dumb you should be ashamed for exposing your stupidity.

No it is not. Protest policy, not a nation. Kneel all you want, but when you need the help remember who is doing it. Be thankful that we as a nation do take care of people overseas.

Reminds me of stories dad told me about Missionaries in SE Asia. Hated US policy until the bad guys were coming. Then they wanted SF to rescue their asses. 

Also, we do not negotiate with terrorists. Russia is a terrorist sponsoring nation. She is a pawn, but she put herself in that situation. Sorry BG, hope you enjoy your time in Russia and it was worth it. Meanwhile, we are going to focus on real important people like Navalny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You're operating on the assumption that protesting against problems in the US somehow makes you anti-patriotic. There are others that see it as the opposite. 

Or I’m just pointing out the inherent irony of pleading for help from the government you’re protesting. 

• Fuck You 11

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

No it is not. Protest policy, not a nation. Kneel all you want, but when you need the help remember who is doing it. Be thankful that we as a nation do take care of people overseas.

Reminds me of stories dad told me about Missionaries in SE Asia. Hated US policy until the bad guys were coming. Then they wanted SF to rescue their asses. 

Also, we do not negotiate with terrorists. Russia is a terrorist sponsoring nation. She is a pawn, but she put herself in that situation. Sorry BG, hope you enjoy your time in Russia and it was worth it. Meanwhile, we are going to focus on real important people like Navalny.

It absolutely is a stupid line of reasoning. Her protest was about race relations in the U.S. not against the nation itself. She was clear about her protest.

“I don't mean that in any disrespect to our country,” Griner continued. “My dad was in Vietnam and a law officer for 30 years. I wanted to be a cop before basketball. I do have pride for my country.”

Regardless of her intentions, she is an American citizen and what kind of fucked up mind thinks Citizens need some kind of public display of loyalty to have the protection of their nation? The protection comes with being a U.S. citizen!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

I don't know if the arrest was politically motivated or not.  Was she targeted for extra security because she's a black woman?  Probably.  But I don't think the drugs were planted.
However, I have a hard time believing the the sentencing won't be politically motivated.
So assuming she gets a long sentence, what should the US be willing to trade to get her home? 

Baker Mayfield.
  • Haha 2

Just now, F250 said:

It absolutely is a stupid line of reasoning. Her protest was about race relations in the U.S. not against the nation itself. She was clear about her protest.

Regardless of her intentions, she is an American citizen and what kind of fucked up mind thinks Citizens need some kind of public display of loyalty to have the protection of their nation? The protection comes with being a U.S. citizen!

Oh, I agree. I never said a Public display. But she needs to remember that the Nation's international policy comes over your desire to smoke hash oil. if she needs to sit so we don't give up anything to a genocidal nation, well shit, sucks. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Nice equivalence, lol. Difference is Griner is still alive and will be free well before 10 years have passed. Meanwhile, that cunt Ashli Babbitt will still be rotting worm food.

Nice to see some of you agree there are circumstances where a cop shooting an unarmed person is justified.  

• Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Fuck off, Sack. They are not remotely comparable

Wasn't comparing Babbitt and Griner,

I have seen a lot of people here claim cops should never shoot someone who is unarmed.  I disagree with that statement.  There are plenty of times someone who is unarmed deserves to be shot.  Babbitt is one of those examples.  So was Michael Brown.  

• Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There are plenty of times someone who is unarmed deserves to be shot.  Babbitt is one of those examples.  So was Michael Brown.  

Has slorch conferred your diploma yet?  You have clearly completed the entire curricula summa cum laude.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

This is an aside, but this post jolted my memory.  Anyone remember the kid who was caned in Singapore years ago for stealing traffic signs?  I feel like there was a much bigger outcry about that than the Griner arrest.

Otto Warmbier was arrested, tortured, and basically killed for stealing a propaganda poster in North Korea. They returned him to the U.S. in a coma just before he died. Donald Trump believed Kim Jong Un’s lie that he had nothing to do with it and fell in love with the murderous dictator. Trump is easily manipulated by shallow flattery. And N. Korea’s nuclear program is farther along now than it was before Trump took office.

Should’ve treated Maria Butina like the Russian spy that she was and kept her in custody. We could trade her for Griner. But no, she’s free and now a member of the Russian Parliament. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Should’ve treated Maria Butina like the Russian spy that she was and kept her in custody. We could trade her for Griner.

I don't agree with you all that often, but I'm kinda on board with this.

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Or I’m just pointing out the inherent irony of pleading for help from the government you’re protesting. 

She’s never protested the government, so yes it was dumb as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Even if she has, it would only be ironic if the prior protest was for the US government's involvement in a foreign country's treatment of someone alleged to have committed a crime.

Am I being ironic if I ask my kid to help me with the dishes after I admonished him for not making his bed?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

So assuming she gets a long sentence, what should the US be willing to trade to get her home? 

I believe we have an arms dealer doing time that the Russians want freed, and we in return want Griner + a Marine (?brain cells damaged, memory fades) who is locked up in Russia after  a brawl or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Otto Warmbier was arrested, tortured, and basically killed for stealing a propaganda poster in North Korea. They returned him to the U.S. in a coma just before he died. Donald Trump believed Kim Jong Un’s lie that he had nothing to do with it and fell in love with the murderous dictator. Trump is easily manipulated by shallow flattery. And N. Korea’s nuclear program is farther along now than it was before Trump took office.

Should’ve treated Maria Butina like the Russian spy that she was and kept her in custody. We could trade her for Griner. But no, she’s free and now a member of the Russian Parliament. 

Was just going to mention this. 

American%20Hostage-The%20Untold%20Story%

Anyone who would forsake an American citizen in the hands of brutal foreign government for something so trivial should be ashamed of yourself. 

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I'm curious the reaction of people in this country if she is freed in the next 3-6 months and exchanged for Viktor Bout along with the US Marine, Paul Whelan, who has been detained  in Russia for 3 + years. There were 2 American political prisoners in Russia not 6 months ago. So Trevor Reed and Paul Whelan  were not worth the exchange for Bout but a basketball celebrity who knowingly took drugs into a country on the brink of war is? Just because there is more outcry? Because her friends also have public platforms where they are heard much more than the parents of Whelan or Reed?

14 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

A cold Russian prison can do that. She’ll be humming Lee Greenwood the entire flight home. 

Are you having a little fun, or are you really that binary?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you've criticized the US government under Biden-  that's fine, so have I.  Given that though, are you suggesting that if you traveled abroad and were (at least in your mind) unfairly treated by a foreign government, that you wouldn't advocate for the government to get involved on your behalf?  

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Office Space No GIF

No one mobilizes that much military and says, nah, its good. Shit, looking at Iraq. You move the 3rd ID you are going to invade. 

Not one of my colleagues and clients thought this was not going to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

No one mobilizes that much military and says, nah, its good. Shit, looking at Iraq. You move the 3rd ID you are going to invade. 

Not one of my colleagues and clients thought this was not going to happen. 

You, your colleagues, and clients have clearly seen some shit and don't represent the average person's opinion of global politics and conflict Bill Paxton Aliens GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Pancho said:

Clearly you are if you don’t know why they are protesting and why the kneeling started.  

I’m not surprised that you’re being obtuse here. 

During a teleconference with the media, Griner spoke about leaving the court. As she explained, Griner felt that the players’ protest out to go even further:

“I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season. I think we should take that much of a stand.”

1 minute ago, slorch said:

During a teleconference with the media, Griner spoke about leaving the court. As she explained, Griner felt that the players’ protest out to go even further:

“I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season. I think we should take that much of a stand.”

The National atntem doesn't work for her.

but now it matters....rot in Riussia.

Fuck that cunt. Sit in Rissia and celebrate your freedom.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

The National atntem doesn't work for her.

but now it matters....rot in Riussia.

Fuck that cunt. Sit in Rissia and celebrate your freedom.

The very next fucking line:

"I don't mean that in any disrespect to our country. My dad was in Vietnam and a law officer for 30 years. I wanted to be a cop before basketball. I do have pride for my country."

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Then no, you still don’t know why Black players have been kneeling.  You’re making lots of assumptions, but you’re not even remotely connecting the dots. 

• Hook 'Em 4