Boo fucking Hoo Brittney Griner

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, B00M said:

Does this take feel mature and well reasoned to you? Or petty and more loyal to a song than what the US truly stands for? 

She hates the USA.  Now she has what she wanted.

Reap it, bitch.

Tra-la-fucking la.

Edited by slorch

18 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if she said F Trump or F Biden or I hate America or whatever. She is an American citizen. You bring her back home if you can and then we can all debate and politic later. The only character trait that matters is one that says she born on American soil and we have a duty to protect her. Even if we think she sucks. Maybe even especially if we think she sucks, because that is putting your money where your mouth is.

Now, let her do the exact same thing again in the same way once she’s back, well, you only get one crack it with 100% tolerance. But maybe it’s just me but every American citizen deserves at least that.

The same for the numb nuts who goes on a blackout binge and gets arrested. We will yell at you for being stupid when we get home but now is the time to make sure you are safe first.

I am not critical of her kneeling. That is her right. I am critical of her going to Russia with drugs and expecting special treatment when busted. It is not the Department of State's job to get you home. It is their job to make sure you have access to due process, representation and don't starve in jail.

She broke Russian law. Be it what it is, she broke it. We should not sell our stance over the ukraine for her. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I am not critical of her kneeling. That is her right. I am critical of her going to Russia with drugs and expecting special treatment when busted. It is not the Department of State's job to get you home. It is their job to make sure you have access to due process, representation and don't starve in jail.

She broke Russian law. Be it what it is, she broke it. We should not sell our stance over the ukraine for her. 

Which was my point in the OP.  You said it better than I did. 

I love to travel.  I've been to Japan, Italy, Belize, Argentina, Mexico dozens of times, Canada, The Dominican Republic, fuck, I'm a couple of beers in and forgetting some.  When I'm abroad, I respect and adhere to the local laws.  If a country has laws so strict that I would't/couldn't adhere to them, I wouldn't go there.  You won't find any stamps from the middle east in my passport, for example. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The thing is that she had, apparently, some vape cartridges for personal use. That wasn’t smart. But she was charged with “large-scale transportation of drugs” as if she’s a trafficker. That’s a bullshit charge. She’s a political pawn being used by a fascist regime. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You are a dumbass if you are travelling international and don't know what you are holding. In particular a dumbass to be holding concentrates when the legal treatment is highly variable and largely nonsensical, even states side. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

Are you having a little fun, or are you really that binary?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you've criticized the US government under Biden-  that's fine, so have I.  Given that though, are you suggesting that if you traveled abroad and were (at least in your mind) unfairly treated by a foreign government, that you wouldn't advocate for the government to get involved on your behalf?  

I’m admittedly having a little fun watching her eat this helping of humble pie. She’s been arrested for domestic violence and tried to skip out on paying child support, she’s just not a good person. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The thing is that she had, apparently, some vape cartridges for personal use. That wasn’t smart. But she was charged with “large-scale transportation of drugs” as if she’s a trafficker. That’s a bullshit charge. She’s a political pawn being used by a fascist regime. 

Here's the thing:  She CHOSE to travel to, and accept money from, this "fascist regime".  That's my entire point here. 

Edited by Gil Bang

Imagine going to the beach, and there are signs posted every few yards.  "No swimming, dangerous rip-currents".  If you decide to swim anyway, do you expect a lifeguard to rescue you? 

Edited by Gil Bang

18 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m admittedly having a little fun watching her eat this helping of humble pie. She’s been arrested for domestic violence and tried to skip out on paying child support, she’s just not a good person. 

You don't know shit about fuck. Throwing stones and shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Here's the thing:  She CHOSE to travel to, and accept money from, this "fascist regime".  That's my entire point here. 

I get the sentiment (Play stupid games, win stupid prizes). Although she was arrested a week before the invasion, there was an existing travel advisory going back to January.  I can stipulate that, and still argue that she should be afforded due process, and is entitled to diplomatic and political US involvement if Russia's getting fucky with her case.

Nuance doesn't hurt.  It really doesn't.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes, I guess protesting the country for some of it's many transgressions means you should rot in hell if some foreign government unjustly imprisons your ass.  Do you always have to play the 'stupid fucking redneck from Lubbock' card?  Surely you can't be this dense in real life.  I mean being from Lubbock, I know you can, I'm just hoping you aren't. 

Murrica  dammit, now go to your room. 

4 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Murrica  dammit, now go to your room. 

Yeah, real life rah rah America bullshit is only for the dumbest motherfuckers alive.  I know from those who have served.  They'll be the first to tell you, be proud and always support but don't blindly rah rah... Protesting some aspects of the country, especially shit that is very clearly sordid, doesn't mean you denounce the country as a whole.  Fuck, she said the very next sentence she'll always be proud to be an American blah blah.  Again, don't be an ignorant dumbfuck redneck...  

Edit:  Also, do you realize what kind of shithole countries let you rot in hell from protesting them?  You want that to be this country?  Did they amputate your leg or your brain? 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1

Geezus people she’s in a fucking Russian prison, one of the most god awful places on Earth. Shows some fucking compassion, she’s 100% a political prisoner.  Bring her home, bring all of them home. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

Geezus people she’s in a fucking Russian prison, one of the most god awful places on Earth. Shows some fucking compassion, she’s 100% a political prisoner.  Bring her home, bring all of them home. 

Nope. Sorry. She broke their law. We should not change our policy based on her mistake. We should ensure she has consular access and representation at her trial. That is what we owe citizens who are arrested. 

Reminds me of people who wanted Lori Berenson out of Peruvian jails. Nope, ya did it, deal with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, real life rah rah America bullshit is only for the dumbest motherfuckers alive.  I know from those who have served.  They'll be the first to tell you, be proud and always support but don't blindly rah rah... Protesting some aspects of the country, especially shit that is very clearly sordid, doesn't mean you denounce the country as a whole.  Fuck, she said the very next sentence she'll always be proud to be an American blah blah.  Again, don't be an ignorant dumbfuck redneck...  

Edit:  Also, do you realize what kind of shithole countries let you rot in hell from protesting them?  You want that to be this country?  Did they amputate your leg or your brain? 

Jesus doc, dost thou not have a sarcasm meter? You've worked far too many hours and are fatigued..now go to your room......and get some rest. 

3 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Hmmm, would Ricky be getting the same kind of reactions if he had tried playing in the RAFC and been busted with a resin-crusted pipe? I wonder.

I think we all know the answer to this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

When I saw this was 3 pages in a few hours I knew it had to be slorch'd.

It amazes me anyone actually believes she had a vape pen on her and took it to Russia when 

1) she was detained exactly 1 week before the invasion began 

2) by a dictator who knew he was about to face some of the most severe sanctions in recent times and was looking to take high profile American hostages for leverage. 

Some of you are really fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Exactly how drunk are you?

Very. Well, not any more.

Sorry for the spelling misfires.

Edited by slorch

There is a lot going on here but up front— Griner is clearly being used as a bargaining and bullying chip by an authoritarian government that should always be assumed to be lying.  As an American, that makes me furious and given those facts it is clearly not just another dumbass FAFO abroad case. 

At the same time, Griner advocates (outside of the family, which I completely understand just want her back) have been pretty remarkably non-introspective.  The interesting angle here is why a middle income authoritarian nation filled by people with no particular interest in women’s basketball was home to likely the highest paying women’s hoops league on earth. A thoughtful answer will not involve “because racism and sexism in America.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

You go to a shithole country to line your pockets, you better obey their laws.  The fact that Joe Biden is thinking about her situation for two seconds chaps my ass. 

20 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

This is more slorch’d than gil bang’d

12 hours ago, slorch said:

Reap it, bitch.

Tra-la-fucking la.

See?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nope. Sorry. She broke their law. We should not change our policy based on her mistake. We should ensure she has consular access and representation at her trial. That is what we owe citizens who are arrested. 

Reminds me of people who wanted Lori Berenson out of Peruvian jails. Nope, ya did it, deal with it. 

So you seriously think she’s guilty of “large-scale transportation of drugs?” For a few vape cartridges? And should be facing up to 10 years in prison? Would Sergei Six-Pack from Moscow be facing the same charge if he was caught with a few vape cartridges?

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh, she knelt during the National Anthem? Let’s play Spot the Racist.
”She hates the USA.”
There’s one!
Yep, there are several on this board for whom that act of civil disobedience alone is enough for her to be thrown underneath the jailhouse. They wish the US was led by a thug dictator who would jail citizens for non-violent acts of self-expression and protest.
  • Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:
”She hates the USA.”
There’s one!

Yep, there are several on this board for whom that act of civil disobedience alone is enough for her to be thrown underneath the jailhouse. They wish the US was led by a thug dictator who would jail citizens for non-violent acts of self-expression and protest.

Yeah, I just don't get this take. 

If you're fine with her doing time in the Soviet klink for this because she apparently was dumb enough to take any amount of narcotic or paraphernalia into mother-fucking-Russia, especially as tensions with the West were only increasing, then okay, I get that (even if there's no discount of the possibility that a government like Russia could plant evidence or trump up charges). 

But folks are still butthurt over African Americans like her kneeling during the national anthem?  Give it up.  Our constitution and historical notions of free expression and civil disobedience provide for protection, not punishment, of those kinds of civil protests.

And again, fuck Baylor. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So you seriously think she’s guilty of “large-scale transportation of drugs?” For a few vape cartridges? And should be facing up to 10 years in prison? Would Sergei Six-Pack from Moscow be facing the same charge if he was caught with a few vape cartridges?

No, no and I don’t know, but I don’t really care about any American going to any foreign backwater and getting into trouble. 

54 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

”She hates the USA.”

There’s one!

That was a dumb element in this thread but you’re actually engaging a known retard that has a sock propping up his rep. 

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

That was a dumb element in this thread but you’re actually engaging a known retard that has a sock propping up his rep. 

I wasn’t engaging him. I’ve had him on ignore since back on shaggy. I just saw that quote in someone else’s post. I honestly didn’t know about her kneeling during the anthem and had to go look it up.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don't know their laws. But a joint in the Dominican Republic can get you up to 10 years. My point is the Embassy's consular services should represent her and support her. But we should not change our foreign policy over it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, slorch said:

Reap it, bitch.

Tra-la-fucking la.

I try to like you, but you just reveal yourself as a piece of shit that gets off on the misery of others way too often.

You yourself are an American citizen, rooting for a foreign government to torture or kill another American citizen, over some bullshit. That makes YOU anti-American, you fucking dumbass.

Seriously be better. Don't fucking worry about what Britney Griner is doing.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I try to like you, but you just reveal yourself as a piece of shit that gets off on the misery of others way too often. Seriously be better. Don't fucking worry about what Britney Griner is doing.

Let me save you some time...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I try to like you, but you just reveal yourself as a piece of shit that gets off on the misery of others way too often.

You yourself are an American citizen, rooting for a foreign government to torture or kill another American citizen, over some bullshit. That makes YOU anti-American, you fucking dumbass.

Seriously be better. Don't fucking worry about what Britney Griner is doing.

His views are not unlike my dad's, and many others who have served in the military.  I don't apologize for my dad in this respect, and I continue to be puzzled by this.  He served for 27 years, including two wars in which he risked his life for his country, believing he was fighting for American rights and values.  Yet civil disobedience and protest that involves desecrating a flag or doing anything other than standing quietly during the national anthem crosses a very clear line for him, and in his mind places you beyond the rights, protections, and dignity that other Americans are afforded.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Agreed, and the color of her skin has nothing to do with her being a very large piece of human shit. So save your racist accusations. 

31 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I don't know their laws. But a joint in the Dominican Republic can get you up to 10 years. My point is the Embassy's consular services should represent her and support her. But we should not change our foreign policy over it. 

She’s not in the Dominican Republic. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Do you know that firsthand or did you just Google it? Chances are the arresting officers there could be bought off pretty easily. Or a high profile American wouldn’t be the subject of a search in the first place. They’re not our adversary.

Her arrest was part of Russian foreign policy. They’re a mafia state and their justice system is a fraud. Their laws are whatever they want them to be at any given time. You want to bring up the Dominican Republic? I’ll bring up Alexei Navalny. What crime did he commit?

Our foreign policy doesn’t have to change. It should always be to protect and defend our citizens who are mistreated anywhere around the world. This is a bullshit charge. Large scale transportation of drugs? Give me a break. That’s so transparent that it’s laughable. She’s a pawn, pure and simple. A blind man should be able to see that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

His views are not unlike my dad's, and many others who have served in the military.  I don't apologize for my dad in this respect, and I continue to be puzzled by this.  He served for 27 years, including two wars in which he risked his life for his country, believing he was fighting for American rights and values.  Yet civil disobedience and protest that involves desecrating a flag or doing anything other than standing quietly during the national anthem crosses a very clear line for him, and in his mind places you beyond the rights, protections, and dignity that other Americans are afforded.

It’s pretty ridiculous and infantile when you boil it down to this, but the flag represents him and his livelihood, and kneeling is the ultimate disrespect to him. Getting pissed off about it is caveman behavior. 

Also, your dad was banging a massive whore. 

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She’s not in the Dominican Republic. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Do you know that firsthand or did you just Google it? Chances are the arresting officers there could be bought off pretty easily. Or a high profile American wouldn’t be the subject of a search in the first place. They’re not our adversary.

Her arrest was part of Russian foreign policy. They’re a mafia state and their justice system is a fraud. Their laws are whatever they want them to be at any given time. You want to bring up the Dominican Republic? I’ll bring up Alexei Navalny. What crime did he commit?

Our foreign policy doesn’t have to change. It should always be to protect and defend our citizens who are mistreated anywhere around the world. This is a bullshit charge. Large scale transportation of drugs? Give me a break. That’s so transparent that it’s laughable. She’s a pawn, pure and simple. A blind man should be able to see that. 

I grew up there and my mother was a US Consular officer there and in a few other places. 

I agree with your take. Just saying we should not change policy over her case. Defend and support.