Orders Messed Up - How to fix?

Landomatic

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've never been a big tea guy, so it surprised me when I realized how dogmatic my born-and-bred Austin wife is about unsweetened tea.  For her, any hint of sugar is absolutely off limits.  I think more Texans are repulsed by sugar in tea than beans in chili.

Also Austin born-and-bred and sweet tea is an abomination before god.  My mom made sun tea and just hit it with a squeeze of lemon. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

6-8 months ago, we quit doing drive thrus completely.  We walk inside, place an order and eat at the establishment, because of the number of screwups we had from a wide variety of places (Panera Bread, for instance.  Wife placed an order, I go to fetch it, and there's no salad for her, but some wrap that she didn't order).  I got a burger from Whataburger that had no meat.  Kids wanted Panda Express one evening, and no one had Orange Chicken that had ordered it. 

Going inside is inconvenient and time consuming, but that has eliminated mistakes in the ordering/receiving process totally, no matter what establishment.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've never been a big tea guy, so it surprised me when I realized how dogmatic my born-and-bred Austin wife is about unsweetened tea.  For her, any hint of sugar is absolutely off limits.  I think more Texans are repulsed by sugar in tea than beans in chili.

Yep this is me. I will taste a sip before driving off just to be 100% sure and many times have had to hand it back.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Chick-fil-a won't fuck up your order.  You should go there.

Mostly true, but wife got home with no chicken on the chicken sangwich before.  About 2 weeks ago, I ordered a spicy deluxe and got home and had the 24(?) nugget box.  I got out some Tapatio and called it a win.  I imagine the guy/ gal in the  other car who ordered it was pretty pissed to just get a sandwich.

14 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

The veteran fatty (not the poster everyone hates but the person who eats drive-thru enough to know this move), is to not pull away from the drive-thru until you have put hands and eyes on all orders and cross-checked against the physical paper receipt. It takes 60 seconds tops and saves you the trouble. 50% of the time there is an issue and you get it handled immediately. 50% of the time you have wasted 30-60 seconds of the line behind you.

Fuck that,  pull your ass around to the parking lot to check your order and stop clogging the drive thru for everyone else.  There's a special place in hell for people who use the drive thru and slow order, make an order for 10 people, or check the order at the window when there is a line.

• Hook 'Em 3

Also Whataburger iced tea is a total crap shoot in terms of quality. I’ve had pretty good fresh tea that hit the spot, and I have wretched from nasty ass tea that has clearly been sitting out far too long. Much like a lot of other issues with WB, this issue seems to vary greatly location to location. 

CFA (while not my favorite place to eat ff) always has outstanding tea. And on the rare occasions that I want it, their Arnold Palmer is fucking solid (esp if you add vodka to it). 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Fuck that,  pull your ass around to the parking lot to check your order and stop clogging the drive thru for everyone else.  There's a special place in hell for people who use the drive thru and slow order, make an order for 10 people, or check the order at the window when there is a line.

Nope. I am going to take the extra 30-60 seconds to check the order in the drive-thru at the window 100% of the time. Sorry.

• Rage+1 1

Drive-thru - 2 orders max, zero or very minimal customization (i.e., no ketchup or no pickles), 99% likely to be wrong but won't kill me so I just eat it (don't check it unless I order a combo and they hand me a tiny bag or I order 1-2 things and they hand me a giant bag) 
Going inside - multiple orders and/or long drive-thru line, 1-2 customizations, 50% chance of being wrong but fixable in-store (easy to check)
App/curbside - multiple orders, tons of customization, 25% chance of being wrong and requires walking in to get it taken care of (easy to check)

• Hook 'Em 1

Some of you have some shitty eating habits. I can’t remember the last time I ordered a pizza from one of the big chains or are at some of the places mentioned. We pretty much only eat at local places we know the owners and the staff. I would rather spend the extra than deal with fast food places and eat the crap most of them put out. You get what you pay for including the service.  

If I’m eating fast food, it’s pretty much CFA where they can’t really screw up your order unless you get cute with it or they just give you the wrong food completely which is fine because I’ll eat anything on their menu. I’ll get Panera for breakfast occasionally but I order on the app and pick up and it’s always been right.

I’m not sending anything back anywhere unless it’s just so egregiously wrong I can’t eat it. I’m not taking my chances with a remake. My kids have been taught the same way.

18 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The drive thru only makes sense if there is inclement weather.  Otherwise it's wasting your time at the offset of not having to walk 50 ft.

I do drive thru when I have the grandkids with me - I certainly don't want to have to get them in and out of car seats an extra time. I will be THAT guy though and check the order before I pull away from the window; because I'm not dealing with an order that is missing fries or a nugget or no chocolate milk. 
They will give you anything you ask for, if you are holding up the drive thru line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

One time at French laundry they quite obviously left the Gruyère off of the grilled cheese sandwich.  Like I can’t tell the difference between a 3 cheese and 4 cheese grilled cheese.  I was polite about it so they comped my dr peppers. 

That bastard Keller cuts corners wherever he can. 

4 hours ago, tx ind said:

Surly Motto worthy.

The Drive thru and the boat ramp are the places you must be required to show that you are a model of efficiency with a natural awareness that many people are eagerly awaiting the moment when you are no longer there.  Checking your order at the window is like wiping down your boat in the middle of a two lane boat ramp right next to the water. 

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

I've never had a pizza order fuckup and I eat my fair share of pizza hut and dominoes.

You have my sympathy.

My favorite pizza place has three stores. They almost never fuck up my order. They’ve only fucked it up twice. Both times I called them up to complain about it and they comped me on my next order.

You’re the paying customer. You have a right to good service. Everybody makes mistakes. What separates the good places from the bad ones is how they deal with their own mistakes. (Or in the latter case, some dickhead teenage asst. manager passing off a pepperoni pizza that never got picked up and had been sitting in a box on top of the oven for god knows how long as if it was fresh.)

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You have my sympathy.

My favorite pizza place has three stores. They almost never fuck up my order. They’ve only fucked it up twice. Both times I called them up to complain about it and they comped me on my next order.

You’re the paying customer. You have a right to good service. Everybody makes mistakes. What separates the good places from the bad ones is how they deal with their own mistakes. (Or in the latter case, some dickhead teenage asst. manager passing off a pepperoni pizza that never got picked up and had been sitting in a box on top of the oven for god knows how long as if it was fresh.)

This anecdote forces me to chime in and say— if housing Little Caesar’s Hot and Ready pepperoni pizzas in one sitting is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.  

On 7/8/2022 at 6:55 AM, tx ind said:

If there's a special place in hell for people who check their order at the drive thru, there must be a really super duper special place in hell for the lazy incompetent moron who can't do the simple task they are being paid money to do who causes me to have to check my order at the drive thru. Or does your world not work that way? Might be part of the problem.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

If there's a special place in hell for people who check their order at the drive thru, there must be a really super duper special place in hell for the lazy incompetent moron who can't do the simple task they are being paid money to do who causes me to have to check my order at the drive thru. Or does your world not work that way? Might be part of the problem.

This all depends on the circumstance in my view. If you are double checking everything is in the bag, I don’t see much of an issue with that although I’m not going to do it. If you’re double checking your special order requests, you’re the one that complicated things so you need to get out of the way to check.

1 hour ago, Brew said:

This all depends on the circumstance in my view. If you are double checking everything is in the bag, I don’t see much of an issue with that although I’m not going to do it. If you’re double checking your special order requests, you’re the one that complicated things so you need to get out of the way to check.

This. Should take 5 seconds - “2 burgers. 2 fries. Done” and drive away. Don’t be opening the burgers up in the drive thru line to check for your no mustard, sub organic texas toast, add grilled Vidalia onions, exactly 4 pickles on the top bun BS.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. Should take 5 seconds - “2 burgers. 2 fries. Done” and drive away. Don’t be opening the burgers up in the drive thru line to check for your no mustard, sub organic texas toast, add grilled Vidalia onions, exactly 4 pickles on the top bun BS.  

Wait . . . who has grilled Vidalia onions?

On 7/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, Deej said:

The last three ten piece boxes I ordered at Popeye's had twelve pieces in each of them. 

Get your shit together, Popeye's. (just kidding..don't)

Bragged a few months ago about scoring a few extra pieces on a Popeyes order, it’s been fucked up every visit since.  

Ordered dinner tonight for delivery from nearby place and they forgot the wife’s extra ranch.  

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Bragged a few months ago about scoring a few extra pieces on a Popeyes order, it’s been fucked up every visit since.  

Ordered dinner tonight for delivery from nearby place and they forgot the wife’s extra ranch.  

You don’t have Ranch?

22 hours ago, Brew said:

20 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, well, here's a thought...if they can't handle special order requests, maybe don't fucking offer it.

Edited by Landomatic

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah, well, here's a thought...if they can't handle special order requests, maybe don't fucking offer it.

If you’re that particular that you need to open your burger up in the drive through line and check it because you’re too lazy to walk inside, maybe eat at home.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Underdog said:

Fried chicken and ranch?  That’s disgusting.