New England Recs

Hank Scorpio

Didn’t see a New England thread, going to Boston in September and have 5-7 days to do whatever. I’ve got Boston covered but I am debating where to go after. Go North to NH/VT and up to Portland or go South to Martha’s Vineyard/Cape Cod and maybe Rhode Island. I’ve been to Boston and Portland before but everything else up there is a mystery to me. Hopefully I can avoid the foliage crowd since we’ll be going in early September. And no clams. Clams are fucking terrible. 

Go to downeast Maine. Acadia national park, Bar Harbor, and surrounding area. All gorgeous and great seafood. I've driven Cape Cod and it's OK, but I'd rather go north. I've heard good things about the Rhode Island coast, but haven't spent much time there. I think the leaf peeping crowds don't start until later in September. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In. Headed to Boston on Friday with Chad Jr. Gonna hit up the American Heritage Museum, Lexington and Concord, the Freedom Trail, USS Constitution.

What else you got for a 9 yr old into history?

Recommended eats? I’m staying real close to the Commons.

My only stay in New England was a fun New Year's bash that stretched out several days in South Portland Maine at friends' house. I forgot the address but if you gimme a minute with Google Street View I bet I can puzzle it out. You'll probably completely surprise them, so bring liquor.