Women's Euro 2022

Captain Ron

Any of you guys watching this? I just flipped on France-Italy and France is thrashing them 4-0. There is some good looking soccer here too (plus Italy is in the game). The 3rd goal by France was thing of beauty.

In the time it took me to find this video, France has scored another, 5-0.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Any of you guys watching this? I just flipped on France-Italy and France is thrashing them 4-0. There is some good looking soccer here too (plus Italy is in the game). The 3rd goal by France was thing of beauty.

In the time it took me to find this video, France has scored another, 5-0.

I tried to watch it. A friend in Spain referenced it on WhatsApp and so I was looking on my tablet and found…

92C91556-61FA-4E4E-900E-89C870D0BAD1.thumb.jpeg.fc158be3c2214ade982dfb89aa2f0ea7.jpeg

…and thought “How British of them.”

Then I tapped it to watch and saw…

24B661F7-B9FC-4043-9785-4C37457E77D3.thumb.jpeg.4af6599b9cdc7d56b9f8ea006c29f38b.jpeg

🙅‍♂️

The “Women’s Football Alliance” championship game. 

image.gif.73618eca233f1b4dea6798918b8771f1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Winner of this tournament will carry a ton of momentum into the 2023 World Cup.  Big game for England today against Norway.  The English media was predictably hyping the English as favorites going into the tournament but they looked miles off of Germany and France in the first round.

Just got back in and 2-0 England 20' in? Wow.

Going back to see the goals - thought the PK was soft, would not have given it due to the dive "embellishment." The hook was a foul, but I didn't think it was enough, and that dive made it look like simulation.

It's good to see VAR get the 2nd goal right.

And that injury to England #3 - OUCH!

5 hours ago, alincoln said:

Winner of this tournament will carry a ton of momentum into the 2023 World Cup.  Big game for England today against Norway.  The English media was predictably hyping the English as favorites going into the tournament but they looked miles off of Germany and France in the first round.

Noway is doing themselves no favors making mistakes on the backline (PK, and 2 bad turnovers that lead to goals).

That said, England is skinning them alive right now and making it look easy. They are punishing Norway for the mistakes.

11 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

We already get some of those, but yeah, I think with an expanded field, it will be far worse.

Yeah.  I expect that you can fill in the 16 teams in the knockout round immediately after the groups are announced.

England certainly made a statement today. And they've locked up Group A already defeating Austria and Norway (they have that tiebreaker against each of them).

By winning A, they are going to avoid France and Germany (likely). They just might have an easy route to the final.

• Hook 'Em 1

This article about England’s team was written a week ago and talks about their possibility of winning the tournament. A lot of credit goes to their new coach. 

811704DE-0778-43A6-9E89-7E6670E62B5D.thumb.jpeg.336550cade22e4d484596053e2c070c7.jpeg

That part in the green box was BEFORE their 8-0 drubbing of Norway 🇳🇴.

That means that they have outscored their opponents in their last 15 matches by a count of…

92 to 3

If you’re keeping score, that’s pretty good.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/football-coming-home-england-lionesses-win-uefa-women-euros/bltd3d4eaad48e51d71

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/12/2022 at 1:22 PM, Napoleon said:

That was absolutely a red card. The ol’ “grab your opponent’s tit and hold on” move.

I really like Giulia Gwinn #15.

4A806D42-C295-49E4-8855-F4AC7C2089CC.thumb.jpeg.1def79cb4c72f564eb6f58c748cbc09d.jpeg181336A0-3316-43F3-A88B-4A97484B6E43.thumb.jpeg.4a22a72cdacb9a0ee9b2a6999340f313.jpeg

On 7/12/2022 at 1:39 PM, Napoleon said:

And nice tits on the flag-raising side judge. 

I was expecting much more efficient ball movement from Spain. I think that the panelists were as well. 

You Son of a Bitch, I'm In | Know Your Meme

I’m rooting for Spain. I love their style of soccer. 

After Spain’s last group stage game, the TV analysts were sure that England was going to stomp Spain. They couldn’t really elaborate any reasons for it and frankly one of them sounded like she had brain damage. 

• Hook 'Em 1