Women's Euro 2022

Captain Ron

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Did you see that ludicrous decision by the ref?

She’s been really bad. Let an England take a throw-in 20 feet past the midfield line, after the ball went out a few feet behind it. Then just stared at a German player leg lock an opponent with no card. 

Incompetent performance by the officials in this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the european wimmen's game has really stepped up

speed of play, length of passing, more one-touch than mls in this game

…i

I was thinking at the start of this, the USA runs through this field with no issue.  But I’m not sure about that. This was a hell of a quality tournament. And it going to make the European teams so much better faster. The lack of competition for the US in CONCACAF hurts them. Sure, the harvest talent, but everyone is catching  up. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

What's funny is that if they win this England is just going to get more shit from other Euros about their men not being able to win anything. 

You hope the men don’t feel the pressure at their next major international tournament. That would really be bad for them. 

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Good tournament. Congrats English women. You did not choke like the men do. 

Now lets go back and rate the hotness of players. I would say Spain and France have some candidates. 

Sweden says hi. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I was thinking at the start of this, the USA runs through this field with no issue.  But I’m not sure about that. This was a hell of a quality tournament. And it going to make the European teams so much better faster. The lack of competition for the US in CONCACAF hurts them. Sure, the harvest talent, but everyone is catching  up. 

You hope the men don’t feel the pressure at their next major international tournament. That would really be bad for them. 

Sweden says hi. 

Sweden always says hi. That is a given. 

50 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

The lack of competition for the US in CONCACAF hurts them. Sure, the harvest talent, but everyone is catching  up. 

You'd expect the US women to get better, though, as the country continues to dig soccer more and more and play it at a higher level at every level. 

• 2 months later...