Women's Euro 2022

Captain Ron

On 7/23/2022 at 5:36 PM, Napoleon said:

A PK counts as a Shot & Shot On Goal (if it is on frame).

So 32 shots and 10 shots on goal didn’t go in. (Notice the 10 saves from the Dutchie.)

I did not realize PKs were a shot on target (or off). 

On 7/23/2022 at 5:36 PM, ztejas said:

How tf do you match possession and get outshot like that? 

To be fair France get much controlled the game. I found the post match discussion about how France needs to do better pretty stupid. They had a ton of shots ON TARGET and the Netherlands keeper was just on fire (not to mention the 3 shots saved on the line by defenders). That wasn’t bad play, it was bad luck!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

But was that really an own goal? I mean it hit her in the back and she had the angle and height covered. France just for lucky. 

It's an OG because the reason that goes in is the keeper. It's not a shot on target and if you take the keeper away, that ball bounced back into the field of play.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

It's an OG because the reason that goes in is the keeper. It's not a shot on target and if you take the keeper away, that ball bounced back into the field of play.

I know the rule, but I hate part of it when done like that. But it be what it be. 

Fun game! 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This ref is the exact opposite of the stickler from last night’s Austin FC game. Jesus. That trip just outside the box should have drawn a yellow.

Never mind. I guess the strict rules apply, but only to England.