The 150th Open | St Andrews | 10-17 July 2022

LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Not a lot of people bang in 30 footers with regularity 

As someone stated above, conditions were perfect for scoring. He was NEVER going to win the Open shooting a 70 when the the majority of the field shot much better. His putter failed him. It's not like he was lipping out putts. He just didn't have it today. Not the day for the putter to fail.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Like I said Friday morning- Cam Smith in a walk, easy peasy. 

If Rory wasn't gonna win, nice to see Cam Smith win... the PGA needs a lot more younger entertaining players to win and generate more fan interest...  

Aussie... Aussie... Aussie !!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Meh on the mullet.  But, the facial weeds should be embarrassing.

Happily, neither is a detriment to his golfing skills.

I wonder what he’ll think about all these pictures in 10 or 20 years. 

Edited by 4th&Five

52 minutes ago, Blotto said:

He and Spieth both need to get divorced. 7 majors combined before they got hitched. O majors combined after marriage. 

I know this was said in jest but Jack talked about it when Tiger got married. Said it makes golf tougher because of the family commitments and so much more going on in your life. Golf is forced to take a back seat. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Scott, Stenson and Leishman also on the list of those about to jump. 

Fuck me- I thought Scott had already jumped. Is Norman still a hero down there?  Would think that might help in recruiting a guy like Cam Smith. 
If he wants to jump now he gets to play the. Ext 20 majors for free, right?  
free up some time for his modeling career. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Spieth won so much including all those majors between 2015 and 2017.  Rory did same 2011 to 2014.  In this century only Tiger has been the machine that has been able to see that kind of supernova success in a 2-3 year period and sustain it any longer that that.   Same goes for Brooks, 2017 to 2019 supernova and then...

(though I will allow that unlike Spieth and Rory 5 years hasn't passed since Brooks last major)

It's not so much the marriage (though I guess it probably does play some small part) it's that true MACHINES only come along every so often.  Tiger was one, Jack was one, there are obviously some others but they are very rare.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Spieth won so much including all those majors between 2015 and 2017.  Rory did same 2011 to 2014.  In this century only Tiger has been the machine that has been able to see that kind of supernova success in a 2-3 year period and sustain it any longer that that.   Same goes for Brooks, 2017 to 2019 supernova and then...

(though I will allow that unlike Spieth and Rory 5 years hasn't passed since Brooks last major)

It's not so much the marriage (though I guess it probably does play some small part) it's that true MACHINES only come along every so often.  Tiger was one, Jack was one, there are obviously some others but they are very rare.

This right here.  Spieth already has had an amazing career.  What Tiger and Jack have done is amazing.  

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think he's needed a new caddy for years but Rory doesn't come to me for advice. 

His previous caddy was fired for making wrong calls so now he has a caddy that basically does nothing but hand Rory a club and give him a hug after losing the Open. He wants it this way, all on him and no one else. I can respect that.

46 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

His previous caddy was fired for making wrong calls so now he has a caddy that basically does nothing but hand Rory a club and give him a hug after losing the Open. He wants it this way, all on him and no one else. I can respect that.

Didn’t  FIGJAM and Bones part ways because they disagreed about club choice on the 17th at The Players, Phil went with what Bones wanted, and came up short?  I’m sure there was more going on there, but I read somewhere that was the spark that lit the fire.

9 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Didn’t  FIGJAM and Bones part ways because they disagreed about club choice on the 17th at The Players, Phil went with what Bones wanted, and came up short?  I’m sure there was more going on there, but I read somewhere that was the spark that lit the fire.

Had a lot more to do with the $900k Phil owed him. 

• Hook 'Em 1