Jill Biden uses breakfast taco metaphor when talking about Mexicans

Harrison Bergeron

16 hours ago, Hate said:

I once ate about 16 al pastor tacos in one day while in Tecoman, Mexico.  I probably drank that many Pacificos as well.

Once you settle into that plastic Coca Cola chair, there is no reason to be anywhere else.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I didn't say I agree with the reputation, but there are plenty of popular chains that call themselves Tex Mex that suck shit and a lot of white people love them. There's one in OKC called Teds that isn't good but super popular. I don't consider fajitas Tex-Mex necessarily, I think it's just as authentic and delicious a dish as anything that is labeled "authentic" Mexican. 

Ted's works but agree there's better down south.  I have to count on Uncle Julio's for TexMex but there's plenty of good authentic Mexican taco joints in Chicago.  Most of them hole in the wall spots...how it should be.  Fuck, I'm hungry. 

7 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Since this thread is completely derailed, am I wrong to hate people and restaurants that make enchiladas with flour tortillas?

Those aren't enchiladas.  Those are tacos al carbon, at least that's what I always see on the menu.  They are pretty damn good with the enchilada sauce poured all over them too.

Don’t get me wrong, I prefer an enchilada made properly with a corn tortilla. BUT, if you fill up a flour tortilla with beef, chicken, or cheese and cover it with enchilada sauce I’m still going to eat it and it will still taste good.

Back to breakfast tacos. I love mixing leftover brisket with eggs and cheese to make a taco the morning after a bbq dinner 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think I'm going to get some Taco Joint for breakfast tomorrow.  Steak and gouda ftw.

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Agree don't think I've ever had flour tortilla enchiladas 

Because those aren't enchiladas.  Someone got kicked off Top Chef Texas for this.

If they are "dry" then they are tacos al carbon.  If they have enchilada gravy on them, then they are enchiladas al carbon.  Those are usually only chicken or fajita meat options.  They are delicious.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

If they are "dry" then they are tacos al carbon.  If they have enchilada gravy on them, then they are enchiladas al carbon.  Those are usually only chicken or fajita meat options.  They are delicious.

Now explain the Las Palapas Macho burrito.

I was shocked to see Pati Jinich touring some Sonoran taco joint where they served those mixed flour/corn tortillas.  I mean, I'm not gonna eat them, they seem an abomination before God, but apparently there are some Mexican heathens out there.

Oh yeah, pics.  Mmmm, Pati:

Pati Jinich: Birthday, Shows, Movies & Awards | DIRECTV

• Drool 1