2024 presidential candidates' thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Nice thread. Keep it clean. We are over 2 years out. There will only be 1 thread on this regardless of political party or any other affiliation. 

Newsom vs desantis would be a really neat ticket to watch unfold. 

The only exception is Donald Trump, this is a trump free zone. There is a thread specifically for trump.

We will have an automod after 1 report moving the post after report. 

Is there a history here? What's with the zealous moderation around the T-word?

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Is there a history here? What's with the zealous moderation around the T-word?

No moderation - content separation. Trump has his own thread. It's

that is a more historically relevant thread if it happens. 

• Like 1

For Ds- Interesting that we have a first term administration and in the first few posts nobody has mentioned either POTUS or VP as an option.  Biden is obviously an age thing, but how do they just gently move Harris over without pissing off a large block of the base?  It'll be interesting for sure.

For Rs- I can't see anyone other than desantis getting it, among all the available options we are allowed to list here.  I still think desantis wins the nomination no matter who is running, but in a certain scenario he could be so damaged from a brutal primary, half his base stays home and he's limping into the general.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Nice thread. Keep it clean. We are over 2 years out. There will only be 1 thread on this regardless of political party or any other affiliation. 

Newsom vs desantis would be a really neat ticket to watch unfold. 

The only exception is Donald Trump, this is a trump free zone. There is a thread specifically for trump.

We will have an automod after 1 report moving the post after report. 

I can only tell you , out here we hate Newsom.  I think he would lose to Ron Desantis.  But I don’t believe desantis is a lock because of you know who

Edited by closetohumping

I think it may be tough for any non-DT Republican to win. Whoever that is, though it's likely Desantis, they will have to be very careful about how they approach the issue of taking away a nomination that DT thought he would get without any competition. If there is significant Republican in-fighting, I think the R's lose some momentum and a chunk of the voting block, which could be crucial in some swing states.  I would enjoy seeing Liz Cheney try to run, just so she can debate these fools in the primary. She obviously can't win the nomination, but it would be entertaining.  

The Dems have such a wide open field it's hard to say who would be best, assuming it's not Biden. I don't think Kamala Harris could win the nomination in a crowded primary. Michelle Obama has no experience in public office, so I can't see her getting it. Maybe one of Gavin Newsom, JB Pritzker or Gretchen Whitmer can make something happen, given they are all governors. I'm sure we will see some of the hopeless usual suspects in this race like Tulsi, Andrew Yang, maybe even a Bloomberg or some other rich guy wanting to throw out their name.  It's going to be a bloodbath of a primary though. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I can only tell you , out here we hate Newsom.  I think he would lose to Ron Desantis.  But I don’t believe desantis is a lock because of you know who

I don't know where "out here" is but if you're insinuating Newsom would lose California to Desantis you're a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't know where "out here" is but if you're insinuating Newsom would lose California to Desantis you're a fucking idiot.

Out here as in California.   And yea that’s exactly what I meant 🙄

@immamac first post in this thread was to keep it civil so I will not continue the name calling 

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I think it may be tough for any non-DT Republican to win. Whoever that is, though it's likely Desantis, they will have to be very careful about how they approach the issue of taking away a nomination that DT thought he would get without any competition. If there is significant Republican in-fighting, I think the R's lose some momentum and a chunk of the voting block, which could be crucial in some swing states.  I would enjoy seeing Liz Cheney try to run, just so she can debate these fools in the primary. She obviously can't win the nomination, but it would be entertaining.  

The Dems have such a wide open field it's hard to say who would be best, assuming it's not Biden. I don't think Kamala Harris could win the nomination in a crowded primary. Michelle Obama has no experience in public office, so I can't see her getting it. Maybe one of Gavin Newsom, JB Pritzker or Gretchen Whitmer can make something happen, given they are all governors. I'm sure we will see some of the hopeless usual suspects in this race like Tulsi, Andrew Yang, maybe even a Bloomberg or some other rich guy wanting to throw out their name.  It's going to be a bloodbath of a primary though. 

It’ll be interesting. My question is is how hard will the field go after Joe if at all.  Not sure I like Joes chances if he’s the democratic nominee against anyone not named DT

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Mayor Pete. 

That's what I thought after seeing him take apart some Fox guy earlier this week in an interview.  

Old faces: Kamala has all but disappeared. Klobs is a good senator and will stay that way.  Bernie and Liz are too old. 

New faces: It won't be Abrams, I think she'll stay Georgia centric.  Maybe Newsom.  

As for Repubs, all these fringe weirdos (Cruz, Cotton, Little Mario) are going to fade.  I know de Santis will want to run but if he doesn't get reelected - and that's possible -- he's dead meat.  The world will have left Trump behind by 2024. His schtick is powerful drug for his base but his peak was Nov 2020.  People will move on.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Andy Beshear from Kentucky should get a shot 

Kentucky?  

(OK, I did a little reading.  For those of you who never heard of him (raises hand) he's the Democratic governor. Was AG, too.  Is he interested in running?)

Edited by Bullneck

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

greg-abbott-public-education.jpg

I needed a good laugh this morning!  Thanks! (Yes, I know you are not being serious here)

I remember in 2016 someone posted that Rick Perry would be a viable presidential candidate and that he'd never lost an election.  Weird how some people in Texas (like those who vote for this guy) think it's possible.  I'm posting from New Jersey right now and can assure anyone reading this that large swaths of the country would never, ever vote for anyone from Texas (not even Beto).  

4 minutes ago, bernorange said:

What has happened to our world where a Cheney would be the candidate with the most honesty and integrity in the R field?

I assume by "our world" you mean "the Republican world.'   They seem to not understand that the rest of us see the things they do and know what happened.

I don't see how the Republican primary isn't going to decide the next President.  (Gas + inflation + recession) * populace where 64% of citizens are living paycheck to paycheck = a shit ton of votes for change, any change.  Abortion/women's rights will offset it some, but not enough.  I hope someone other than Trump emerges as the R candidate in the general election.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Out here as in California.   And yea that’s exactly what I meant 🙄

@immamac first post in this thread was to keep it civil so I will not continue the name calling 

He won his recall 62-38.  Explain that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I needed a good laugh this morning!  Thanks! (Yes, I know you are not being serious here)

I remember in 2016 someone posted that Rick Perry would be a viable presidential candidate and that he'd never lost an election.  Weird how some people in Texas (like those who vote for this guy) think it's possible.  I'm posting from New Jersey right now and can assure anyone reading this that large swaths of the country would never, ever vote for anyone from Texas (not even Beto).  

Rick was probably viable until he spoke?  But yes Texas politicians aren’t exactly popular at the moment 

40 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I don't see how the Republican primary isn't going to decide the next President.  (Gas + inflation + recession) * populace where 64% of citizens are living paycheck to paycheck = a shit ton of votes for change, any change.  Abortion/women's rights will offset it some, but not enough.  I hope someone other than Trump emerges as the R candidate in the general election.

Nothing says helping the little guy like tax cuts for the rich, which will be first up on a Republican agenda.

Thanks a lot, Rupert.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Kentucky?  

(OK, I did a little reading.  For those of you who never heard of him (raises hand) he's the Democratic governor. Was AG, too.  Is he interested in running?)

Beshear is a cut, middle aged white Democrat from a southern state. Has a bright future 

spacer.png

Edited by 6th Street