2024 presidential candidates' thread

closetohumping

If Trump doesn’t run I wonder if Rubio could jump in.  He let himself get bullied by Trump and looked weak, but along with Haley I think he’s one of the strongest realistic candidates in the gop side.  Just not sure if he could convince enough Trumpers to show up.

I do believe in the rule that the only way a Democrat has a shot is if they can bring out black voters, while the only way a Republican can win is if they can draw enough of the maga crowd.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Trump doesn’t run I wonder if Rubio could jump in.  He let himself get bullied by Trump and looked weak, but along with Haley I think he’s one of the strongest realistic candidates in the gop side.  Just not sure if he could convince enough Trumpers to show up.
I do believe in the rule that the only way a Democrat has a shot is if they can bring out black voters, while the only way a Republican can win is if they can draw enough of the maga crowd.

All black votes will be thrown out.

Everyone needs to quit fucking thinking about how the Dems win in ‘24. It ain’t happening if the GQP takes the midterms.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Today, my bet is that Trump doesn’t run. DeSantis wins GOP nomination. 

Assuming GOP wins big in the midterms, I don’t see Biden running. He will have done his job of beating Trump and will let someone else fight the next battles vs GOP.  No idea who might win the Dem nomination.

I'm this fucking close to throwing my hat in the ring, under the umbrella of "No, I don't want to be POTUS at all, but for fuck's sake, we have to do better than these shitstains, and I can't possibly be any worse than them" party.  I'm still workshopping the party name, but that's the theme.  That's it, that's our entire platform.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm this fucking close to throwing my hat in the ring, under the umbrella of "No, I don't want to be POTUS at all, but for fuck's sake, we have to do better than these shitstains, and I can't possibly be any worse than them" party.  I'm still workshopping the party name, but that's the theme.  That's it, that's our entire platform.

Do you promise to sing songs on the Capitol steps after getting your clock cleaned politically? 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Do you promise to sing songs on the Capitol steps after getting your clock cleaned politically? 

If you know any songs with the primary lyrics of "fuck you, you fucking fucks, go fuck yourself," then absolutely.  I will also moon the crowd and cameras, piss in the bushes, and flip off the world, all while eating a sausage wrap.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Brewster's Millions "None of the Above"

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If you know any songs with the primary lyrics of "fuck you, you fucking fucks, go fuck yourself," then absolutely.  I will also moon the crowd and cameras, piss in the bushes, and flip off the world, all while eating a sausage wrap.

A-B-C-D-E, F-U
And your Trump and your McConnell and your Ron
And your fake-ass friends and the shit ass con
Fuck you and your klan that'll never lead again
Everybody in your base, you can all fuck off

/work in progress 

• Haha 3

On 7/16/2022 at 5:40 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

You know what I find depressing in a long line of depressing events?

That less than a month ago, 46 dead bodies were found in a trailer outside of San Antonio and the governor of Texas rambled on about Biden's open border* but then quickly moved on because it was necessary to 'celebrate' the SCOTUS Roe v Wade decision that occurred four days earlier. That despite the body count of 21 from the school shooting that was a month to the day prior to the SCOTUS decision, Abbott and the rest of the GOP would not blink, stutter, or sigh if a trailer of dead women seeking healthcare elsewhere was discovered on the Texas state line, or any other 'red' state for that matter.

Whether it is  fascism, authoritarianism, a theocracy, or a blend of the three, the rising body count does not seem to cause any ripples of concern or regret for them. On the contrary, it is apparently a frisson of delight that the dead bring to the politicians and their supporters in that these nameless individuals can be fought over, used as political fodder, and then a week, a day, an hour later, left forgotten.

When the pursuit  of passing laws in Texas are eerily similar to the Fugitive Slave Acts of 1793 and 1850, one might just be heading in the wrong direction. That, I find, is depressing.

*'Open' is relative to the inhumanity of what occurred under the previous administration. From March 2020 to February 2022, 1.7 million expulsions have been carried out under Title 42, with 1.2 million of them occurring under the Biden administration. --Source: Migration Policy Institute based on government data.

What's most depressing to me is Hot Wheels will roll to an easy victory in November despite all his fuckery, failures, and being a prick. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump will call you Little Brisket or Lyin' Brisket, accuse your father of being one of the masterminds behind 9/11, and then a month before the election someone will leak a recording of him bragging about how many White House staffers he fondled during his term of office.  And then he'll beat you by 10 points. 

But hey, I'd donate to your campaign.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Trump will call you Little Brisket or Lyin' Brisket, accuse your father of being one of the masterminds behind 9/11, and then a month before the election someone will leak a recording of him bragging about how many White House staffers he fondled during his term of office.  And then he'll beat you by 10 points. 

But hey, I'd donate to your campaign.

And every time he does so, I'll call him a pathetic mushroom-dicked cocksucker and a bankrupt buffoon.  We need a candidate who's willing to call a POS a POS.  This tapdancing around norms bullshit has to go.

• Like 3
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Or even worse… 

Cornyn brisket. 

If he does that, I'll cane him like Charles Sumner....

brooks-canes-sumner.jpg?format=750w

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Alsups and boudin balls for everyone! 

Gotta have a platform that will grab back some of the unhealthy eater MAGA vote.  That'll do it.

Edited by Brisketexan

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If he does that, I'll cane him like Charles Sumner....

brooks-canes-sumner.jpg?format=750w

Gotta have a platform that will grab back some of the unhealthy eater MAGA vote.  That'll do it.

And to think that happened before social media.  Or computers.  Or indoor toilets.  Or running water.

Former Vice President Mike Pence is becoming increasingly brazen in his willingness to counter former President Donald Trump.

The two will hold dueling events in Arizona on Friday as they stump for rival candidates who offer dramatically different visions of the Republican Party in a critical battleground state. Days later, they will once again cross paths as they deliver major speeches on the same day in Washington, D.C.

The encounters mark a more confrontational phase in the fraught relationship between the former running mates and once close confidantes who could soon find themselves competing against one another in the 2024 GOP presidential primary if they both ultimately choose to run.

“I think this is a continuation of the larger message that Pence is trying to embody here, which is the Republican Party should look to the future,” said Scott Jennings, a longtime party strategist. “This is going to be the existential question for the Republican Party: Are we going to listen to a slightly different view than Donald Trump’s? Right now, the standard-bearer for this is Mike Pence.”

That description marks a striking turnaround for Pence, who spent his four years in the White House as Trump’s most loyal defender. But Trump turned on his vice president when Pence refused to go along with his unconstitutional efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, putting Pence in the crosshairs of a violent mob on Jan. 6.

Now Pence, who has repeatedly defended his actions that day, is taking a more active effort to shape the future of the party. This week, Pence endorsed Karrin Taylor Robson in Arizona’s Republican gubernatorial primary, pitting himself against Trump, who has endorsed Kari Lake, a former newscaster who has embraced Trump’s election lies.

Pence is one dumb motherfucker. Does he actually believe there is a significant portion of the GQP voting block that agrees with the entirety of the MAGA movement (that Pence so enthusiastically promoted as Trump's fellatio boy), but doesn't want four more years of Trump? Watching that milquetoast, closeted, bible banger get absolutely humiliated by Trump will be fantastic, especially when dotard eventually decides not to run. He's just gonna shit all over Pence for the sport of it. 

On 7/18/2022 at 2:39 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

can't have the candidate for your party be anyone other than the incumbent.  if biden gets primaried instead of just saying 'not interested,' it would mean pretty certain doom.

Need to figure that out asap.  Don't just hand the Pubs the dub

On 7/18/2022 at 4:39 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

can't have the candidate for your party be anyone other than the incumbent.  if biden gets primaried instead of just saying 'not interested,' it would mean pretty certain doom.

I would think most non-Biden scenarios begin with him being coerced not to run.

Yang still doing whatever it is he does. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-former-republicans-democrats-form-new-third-us-political-party-2022-07-27/

Forward aims to gain party registration and ballot access in 30 states by the end of 2023 and in all 50 states by late 2024, in time for the 2024 presidential and congressional elections. It aims to field candidates for local races, such as school boards and city councils, in state houses, the U.S. Congress and all the way up to the presidency.

`THE FUNDAMENTALS HAVE CHANGED`

In an interview, Yang said the party will start with a budget of about $5 million. It has donors lined up and a grassroots membership between the three merged groups numbering in the hundreds of thousands.

"We are starting in a very strong financial position. Financial support will not be a problem," Yang said.

Another person involved in the creation of Forward, Miles Taylor - a former Homeland Security official in the Trump administration - said the idea was to give voters "a viable, credible national third party."

Taylor acknowledged that third parties had failed in the past, but said: "The fundamentals have changed. When other third party movements have emerged in the past it’s largely been inside a system where the American people aren’t asking for an alternative. The difference here is we are seeing an historic number of Americans saying they want one."

https://www.forwardparty.com/

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Better than Ronduh if we’re grading our FL politicians, but that’s no great accomplishment. This seems a an election or two early. Suarez is Miami’s mayor.

Obviously zero chance based on his experience and Trump/DeSantis grip on the gop.  But he seems like he’d make a good governor and depending on what he does over the next 18 months he could put himself in position to be on VP shortlists if a non-Trump/DeSantis Republican wins the nomination (there were rumors he was on Haley’s list).

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/28/trump-florida-republican-fix-gop-484807

I think he goes on MSNBC sometimes.  Even though he’s Republican, he doesn’t come off crazy and actually sounds like he knows shit.  I was semi-impressed. 

But still, that party is too radical.  I’m not sure I trust him to not turn eventually.