2022 MLB Draft

shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But now how good does it feel to be a fan of the franchise that does it the right way?

They do it right a lot better than AZ.  Shit, not even the Cardinals would hire LaRussa to run their front office and let him hire Dave Stewart to be GM.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

do you think rollie fingers gets tired of that mustache but he has to keep it ?

If he shaved it, Charlie O. Finley would rise from the grave and demand that the $400 he paid him for the mustache be returned.  Not worth risking that.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Love me some swisher. If Drew Thorpe has no relation to Jim Thorpe he needs to lie and say he does. I would absolutely do that with that last name.

Especially if he was drafted by Atlanta

Edited by TonyTexas

10 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

And now they said "with the seventy two pick". Interesting choice for a rep.

Rickie Weeks didn't go to Southern U. to play school.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Eric Davis, one of the all-time 'what if' guys. 

He was Billy Hamilton with 40 HR power.

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Love me some swisher. If Drew Thorpe has no relation to Jim Thorpe he needs to lie and say he does. I would absolutely do that with that last name.

I'd rather be related to Otis Thorpe

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Eric Davis, one of the all-time 'what if' guys. 

Davis, Strawberry and Bo. Straw should have hit 600 HR but couldn’t keep his shit together. Bo’s career(s) would have been fascinating to watch on many levels, as he was still developing as a baseball player. Those guys playing (full, healthy seasons) in the 90s offense era would have been great. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Was not expectign a beat write to flat out state it as so... Damn

He’s the only HS guy remaining that is ranked high enough to be able to wallet whip but I’m not sure the Rangers have enough. Everything I’ve read says he was going to Clemson unless he was drafted in the top 15. Which means he wants $4M+. The Rangers have $4.4 left in their pool. They can spend up to 20% more ($1.8M) with penalties which include taxes and/ or loss of international draft picks. 

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He’s the only HS guy remaining that is ranked high enough to be able to wallet whip but I’m not sure the Rangers have enough. Everything I’ve read says he was going to Clemson unless he was drafted in the top 15. Which means he wants $4M+. The Rangers have $4.4 left in their pool. They can spend up to 20% more ($1.8M) with penalties which include taxes and/ or loss of international draft picks. 

If they draft him with the 4th rounder and punt the 5th rounder they can get to 3.3 or so pretty easily. If they punt another later pick they will be around 3.5/3.6 which is what I expect him to sign for. I doubt he is going to get 4.

But getting him at 3.5 would be a major win and if Rocker is indeed healthy that is a slam dunk draft from a top-end talent perspective. With how deep the Rangers minors is with good but not great guys ceiling-wise, this is probably a solid strategy.

I am glad that Melendez got drafted by Arizona since it is so close to El Paso and if he can make AA he can play in Amarillo. That's cool. Hope he gets a chance in the Majors at some point.

Good luck Coffey and Bolte. We barely knew ye.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am glad that Melendez got drafted by Arizona since it is so close to El Paso and if he can make AA he can play in Amarillo. That's cool. Hope he gets a chance in the Majors at some point.

Good luck Coffey and Bolte. We barely knew ye.

diamondbacks AAA plays against El Paso 

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Hodo to O’s

Unlike Ardoin, he might have a shot.

Hodo, Silas, Pete, and Melendez all gone. Just Faltine left out of the guys likely to be drafted.

Cox, Bolte, and Coffey gone from the signing class. Anybody else we should be worried about?