Barcelona vs Juventus JULY 26th @ Cotton Bowl

Napoleon

Soccer at the Cotton Bowl is great. You're going to sweat your ass off but it will be great. Saw Roma take on Real Madrid back when Ronaldo was on the team. Security was a joke as there were multiple pitch invasions as people tried to touch Ronaldo. One of my sports regrets was not seeing a World Cup match there back in 1994 but I was already in Austin. 

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Soccer at the Cotton Bowl is great. You're going to sweat your ass off but it will be great. Saw Roma take on Real Madrid back when Ronaldo was on the team. Security was a joke as there were multiple pitch invasions as people tried to touch Ronaldo. One of my sports regrets was not seeing a World Cup match there back in 1994 but I was already in Austin. 

I believe that South Korea vs ???? was on at the Cotton Bowl in ‘94 at the same time Orenthal James Simpson was riding around in the back of a slow-moving white Ford Bronco in Los Angeles, CA.

I seem to recall them on the TV at the same time. (Not 100% positive though.)

I was a camp counselor from about June 21-> August in 1994, so I don’t have many memories of that World Cup. 

I believe that South Korea vs ???? was on at the Cotton Bowl in ‘94 at the same time Orenthal James Simpson was riding around in the back of a slow-moving white Ford Bronco in Los Angeles, CA.
I seem to recall them on the TV at the same time. (Not 100% positive though.)
I was a camp counselor from about June 21-> August in 1994, so I don’t have many memories of that World Cup. 

South Korea vs Spain. I was there. Good game. Korea showed up. It was the day OJ took his white Bronco for a ride.
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I like Barcelona but not going out in that heat to watch a preseason game

I saw Ronaldinho & Barça vs some Mexicans in the LA Coliseum back in the early-mid ‘00s (and got hit by a thrown battery on my way out… thankfully the bill of my ballcap prevented a direct hit to my face) and he did the ol’ jingling the ball with his back to goal and one… then two defenders trying to get around him. 

That was fun. The weather was warm… probably in the 80s F…

Fuck Texas summers. They fucking suck unless you are near water. 

On 7/20/2022 at 8:08 AM, mdmost said:

I was a high school intern for the World Cup Dallas planning committee.  As far as high school internships go, that was pretty good.  Had to give a presentation to Lamar Hunt and went to lunch with Bob Hayes’ ex-wife a few times a week.  That woman could tell some stories.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i was at Dick's in pflugerville today and they had a clearance rack full of authentic juventus mckennie jerseys for $40- normally $120. probably 15+ jerseys, from kids sizes all the way up to XL. just fyi. 

Guess I'm driving to Plfugerville tomorrow. 

FEE37D52-3791-48B4-AA24-FDF71BDC0C31.thumb.jpeg.24089a9ff2d3a9a9eb9d11147c6ac635.jpeg

Rep = 6,666

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Guess I'm driving to Plfugerville tomorrow. 

Are you taking orders or what?

Probably would take a LARGE… 

I just wonder about Euro sizing. I basically live in Target size “L” t-shirts these days when I’m not doing shit. I wonder if that would be an Italian XL*.

*Tony Soprano was not an average-sized Italian. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I didn’t go, and…

Weston McKennie did not play. WTF?

Sergiño Dest came on in the 31’ and had an assist. 

Temperature was a steady 97°F / 36°C throughout the game. 

Been wondering what was up with McKennie not playing in Dallas since he was on the roster at game time. Juve even tweeted a cartoon pic of him promoting the game.