Dallas - evening stuff to do for 19 yr olds?

Brisketexan

Looks like the boy and his italian best friend (here on a visit) are going to the Juventus-Barcelona game at the Cotton Bowl next Tuesday.  Game should end around 9:30, they'll surely want to go out and do stuff.  But, they aren't legal drinking age (at least in this country -- a point of much complaint by both of them).  So, where can they go in Dallas on a Tuesday night to have some fun, see some pretty girls, be stupid within reason, etc?

34 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Adair's Saloon in Deep Ellum isn't far from Fair Park.  Usually pretty lively, good food, and maybe a Texas cultural experience for the friend from Italy.

https://www.adairssaloon.com/

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  Glad to see the joint is still open.

Oh, Kayla, I miss ya, girl.  Where'd you run off to?

2 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Adair's Saloon in Deep Ellum isn't far from Fair Park.  Usually pretty lively, good food, and maybe a Texas cultural experience for the friend from Italy.

https://www.adairssaloon.com/

Pretty sure you have to be 21 to get in there at night.  Brisket needs to let us know if they have good fake ids.

Edited by conVINCEd

There used to be 18+ dance clubs (the Italian friend will recognize a younger discotheque) where 18-19-20 year olds would go to get sweaty dancing all night. Do those places no longer exist? Lizard lounge was also a place 18 year olds would go.

Just now, Vegas64 said:

There used to be 18+ dance clubs (the Italian friend will recognize a younger discotheque) where 18-19-20 year olds would go to get sweaty dancing all night. Do those places no longer exist? Lizard lounge was also a place 18 year olds would go.

One was the Tijuana yacht club

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all are both giving me exactly what I expected, proving that this is a magical place….and pissing me off at how useless you all are. So….Perfectly Surly.

If he’s been living in Europe doing whatever the fuck he wants  to, anything suggested here will be wildly disappointing.  If he has any friends in Dallas an apartment party is going to be his best bet.

• Like 1

If he’s been living in Europe doing whatever the fuck he wants  to, anything suggested here will be wildly disappointing.  If he has any friends in Dallas an apartment party is going to be his best bet.

Yeah….that’s an issue. He’s going to the game with his best running buddy from Berlin. They know they can’t match that scene, just trying to find something fun enough.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah….that’s an issue. He’s going to the game with his best running buddy from Berlin. They know they can’t match that scene, just trying to find something fun enough.

I’m assuming the Italian kid is rooting for Juventus.  I’d wing it and follow those fans after the game and see where they end up.  Probably somewhere downtown or uptown, and with a large group they might be able to sneak in to a place.  Americans don’t do a very good job of catering to the 18-20 crowd.  As an alternative, he’s welcome to find a bunch of Italian hotties at the game and bring them back to my place.

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, yeah…that’s my concern. I’d rather point them in the direction of foolish shenanigans, as opposed to the epic stupidity they’d likely find on their own.

Cut the umbilical cord, dad. No wonder he flew halfway across the world to grow up. I kid I kid.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Cut the umbilical cord, dad. No wonder he flew halfway across the world to grow up. I kid I kid.

Cut him some slack. Is it possible that this post isn't actually for his son, and Brisket just wants to hang out with SMU coeds? Just trying to think big picture.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

is lower greenville still a thing?  

He’s not looking for a bar, he’s looking for a restaurant that is popular with young people and is open late on a Tuesday.  I checked on a few places I thought would be good, and they all close at 10:00 on weeknights.

in college when we were home for the summers we used to get into all types of bars on lower greenville (this was before we were 21).  the places were busy enough to not get hassled but not packed to the point of being unenjoyable.   

18 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Snuffers still a thing on Greenville?  SMU Coeds and chili cheese fries.  

Good idea.  Greenville location is also open until 11:00 on weeknights per their website.  The more suburban locations shut it down at 10:00.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

After living and partying in Berlin, a lame ass trip to Dallas is the final nail in the coffin of him bothering to come stateside again. Work on your airline miles, brisket.

Oh, the disparity is already apparent.  The nightlife scene here is shite.  ESPECIALLY with our age limits.