omicron and monkeypox ain't enough: polio says hi

elfenix

35 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Medical people is this going to matter for normal people?

Probably not. A large part of the developing, I mean poverty stricken, world isn't vaxxed and polio never stopped going around. Gotta think the odds of a mutation affecting the non idiots and non spawn of idiots is low. Pakistan is rife with polio. 

Edited by Hermanator

I mean we all know what’s coming next…all the aliens will show up. And some butthole will fire a weapon at a visitor spacecraft and inadvertently trigger interstellar war. We’re all going to die. I saw the first X-Files movie and I know all the top leaders have already made deals with these fuckers. We’re all screwed. This is why we need term limits. 

BE3A06F2-437B-4358-BEB4-5AD664F8082B.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

While polio is pretty much non existent in the USA it is not in other parts of the world, like the 3rd world countries.

Gee I wonder how these kinds of diseases get here?  Some of you were saying something about the unvaxed?

GettyImages-1126805260.jpg?itok=OqoAftL3

You might want to read up a little on Rockland County, NY.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

While polio is pretty much non existent in the USA it is not in other parts of the world, like the 3rd world countries.

Gee I wonder how these kinds of diseases get here?  Some of you were saying something about the unvaxed?

GettyImages-1126805260.jpg?itok=OqoAftL3

Or- and stay with me here- Americans fly to other parts of the world for reasons and bring it back with them. 

one example to get a little more specific- ultra Christian fundies don’t believe in vaccinations but do believe in going to all parts of the world to try and sell Jesus to them. 

or, maybe the fact that it’s only one case of polio proves that illegal immigration isn’t a big issue. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3

It is clear to many that a lot of you ignore reality and choose to bend reality to continue to live in fantasyland.  Ah fantasyland, where the biggest threats are that we can't find the thermostat for the planet, and a tailgate party.

• Fuck You 23

9 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

It is clear to many that a lot of you ignore reality and choose to bend reality to continue to live in fantasyland.  Ah fantasyland, where the biggest threats are that we can't find the thermostat for the planet, and a tailgate party.

There’s 1 case in New York, and none reported in any of the border states. Who’s actually ignoring reality here?

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

There’s 1 case in New York, and none reported in any of the border states. Who’s actually ignoring reality here?

Certain folks that are in denial and think there are no repercussions for ignoring a very real crisis at the southern border.  Incoming disease is just one issue.

Not going to go CR here.  Just living in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 26

3 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Certain folks that are in denial and think there are no repercussions for ignoring a very real crisis at the southern border.  Incoming disease is just one issue.

My family was murdered by illegal immigrants just last night.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Illegal immigration isn’t a new thing though, it’s been happening at a high rate for decades. You’d think you’d see the border states rife with polio if they were really bringing in so much disease. But instead it’s 0 cases in over a decade. That’s the reality.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Illegal immigration isn’t a new thing though, it’s been happening at a high rate for decades. You’d think you’d see the border states rife with polio if they were really bringing in so much disease. But instead it’s 0 cases in over a decade. That’s the reality.

Cool...now do fentanyl

Also, more information on scale of polio infections worldwide. This isn't 

endemic-polio-countries-1988-2020-1200x4

The annual number of wild poliovirus cases has declined by more than 99.9% worldwide from an estimated 350,000 in 1988 when the Global Polio Eradication Initiative was launched.

Of the three serotypes of wild poliovirus, type 2 was certified as eradicated in 2015 and type 3 was certified as eradicated in 2019.

The last evidence of wild poliovirus type 1 transmission in Nigeria was in September 2016, leaving only two polio-endemic countries (having never interrupted the transmission of indigenous wild poliovirus type 1), which are Afghanistan and Pakistan.

https://www.cdc.gov/polio/progress/index.htm

But sure, @Moby Ric, it is all because of illegal immigration at our southern border 🙄

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Cool...now do fentanyl

Not sure what that has to do with polio. And it turns out this story had nothing to do with illegal immigration. But please you & moby go ahead and make everything into a political discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Per the WHO, rates of Polio vaccination by country in 2019 (Chart goes to 2020, but I think we know what happened in 2020 that might skew rates):

Canada: 91% (mild upward trend from mid-80% for the previous 20 years)

El Salvador: 81% (trending down annually from 99% in 2007)

Guatemala: 79% (also trending down from mid-90s in 2007)

Mexico: 81%: (Trending down from 99% in 2012)

United States: 93% (consistently mid-90s since forever)

Those vaccination rates are pretty consistent with the rest of the developed world, so kindly fuck off with your racist, anti-immigrant bullshit. 

https://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.A831?lang=en

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Not sure what that has to do with polio. And it turns out this story had nothing to do with illegal immigration. But please you & moby go ahead and make everything into a political discussion. 

Your post says illegal immigration has nothing to do with polio, which I agree with.  I asked you if there is any connection between fentanyl and illegal immigration.  That's not political 

Just now, Dennis Taylor said:

Your post says illegal immigration has nothing to do with polio, which I agree with.  I asked you if there is any connection between fentanyl and illegal immigration.  That's not political 

That’s cool, last I checked this thread was about polio. You should start a fentanyl thread if you want to talk about that. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Racist call out page 1.  Nice.  I did not know that being concerned about the safety of the country's citizens and immigrants was racist.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

liberals calling anyone racist is just the dumbest thing ever.

Anyhow, back to polio.  

Polio case confirmed in New York state, health-care providers told to look for more infections

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

Polio case confirmed in New York state, health-care providers told to look for more infections

PUBLISHED THU, JUL 21 20221:59 PM EDTUPDATED 4 HOURS AGO
SHAREShare Article via FacebookShare Article via TwitterShare Article via LinkedInShare Article via Email
KEY POINTS
  • New York state confirmed a case of polio.
  • It was believed to have originated outside the U.S.
  • The individual was an unvaccinated adult who suffered paralysis and was hospitalized.
  • The chain of infection may have started with someone who received the oral polio vaccine, which uses a live but mild virus strain that can still spread.
  • The U.S. no longer uses the oral polio vaccine, but it is still administered abroad.
Edited by Moby Ric
  • Fuck You 21

5 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Racist call out page 1.  Nice.  I did not know that being concerned about the safety of the country's citizens and immigrants was racist.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

liberals calling anyone racist is just the dumbest thing ever.

Anyhow, back to polio.  

What made you jump to the conclusion that this orthodox Jewish man in New York got polio from illegal immigrants? Honest question. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

What made you jump to the conclusion that this orthodox Jewish man in New York got polio from illegal immigrants? Honest question. 

That is not at all what I said.  I did say that infectious diseases coming into this country have easy access via the massive amounts of illegal aliens crossing the border everyday that are un vaccinated against diseases that have mostly been eradicated in the US.  Polio is just a conversation starter.

• Fuck You 19

28 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I don't neg much , but blanket carpet negging by one poster will get it from me.

i also equate the lib neg as a sign truth being denied by you.

You’re not the victim here, you racist 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1