Bruce @ Moody Center, 2/16

Beau Vine

33 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Had floor seats vanished in front of my eyes twice before I snagged these.

Yeah, that was kind of maddening, although last time I saw him, I had floor seats and was surrounded by inconsiderate assholes, so maybe getting Sec 111 wasn't a bad thing. 

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

Service fee $60 -- I'm not sure I've paid more than that for tickets very often.  I know I paid $150 for the Stones.

I'd like to see Bruce at some point but dayum.  Wonder if he'd ever do ACL Fest?

Edited by jimmyjazz

47 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Shit, you got a much better deal than I did.  Seats were disappearing so quickly that I didn't even have the time to check prices.

TM is awful (duh). That was probably the 10th ticket I clicked on across different price ranges and the rest were already in someone’s cart. 

Those missing out on the Moody in February will have another chance later in '23. This tour is going to run for a year or more, hitting some stadiums and larger outdoor venues after the European leg. He's played Glastonbury and New Orleans Jazz Fest, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he opts for ACL next in '23.

This TM debacle is blowing up and someone in his camp (I'm staring hard at you, Jon Landau) should be held accountable. The European shows that went on sale a month ago were straight forward, with tix ranging from 65 to 200 Euros. The US tix were supposed to range from $65 to $375. This Dynamic Pricing shit by TM has essentially removed "face value" from the equation. My seats in 211 @ Moody were $165 per plus $40 service charge. So TM basically added $100 to the base price of what the seats should have been, and I paid it.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Service fee $60 -- I'm not sure I've paid more than that for tickets very often.  I know I paid $150 for the Stones.

I paid $25 for The Stones, but it’s not a competition. 

CB7955EE-8F7A-4326-8353-D4066E9CBE3F.jpeg

2634DF62-C1EE-4057-BBDA-E57F7C656745.jpeg

E3D0C11E-E687-4487-9D15-5A3C4C87B9E7.jpeg

58C38A6C-7C57-4F79-96F8-F602BBCFE3D3.jpeg

63C63A9A-F5BF-424A-A90F-43525836E09C.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

CNN had a small blip about ticket prices to his shows and fans anger about them this morning.  No idea how much influence artists have on such things like this.  Elton is in Syracuse in Sept. and tix are a minimum of $200, want to go but not sure about that price.  Will just hold off till closer to show date to see if price drops.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was at the Dallas show. No Steve meant extra solos from Bruce and Nils, and a more central stage role for Gary. It was a spirited and fun show, and we even got the Detroit medley! Band is ridiculously tight. Probably gonna go again in Tulsa in a couple weeks.

• Hook 'Em 2

In for the Austin show.  I’m going with my UT freshman roommate.  He and I attended Springsteen’s concert in the Frank Irwin Center in 1980.  Second row seats then.  IIRC we paid around $30 per ticket.  A guy in the frat was on some UT committee and had access to good seats.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

In for the Austin show.  I’m going with my UT freshman roommate.  He and I attended Springsteen’s concert in the Frank Irwin Center in 1980.  Second row seats then.  IIRC we paid around $30 per ticket.  A guy in the frat was on some UT committee and had access to good seats.  

I was there.  I'm going tonight and Thu.

• Hook 'Em 3

Today he announced his final leg of the tour w/ some bigger stadium and ballpark shows in the fall. Gonna try to get tix to the Nov 3rd show in Vancouver because BC in the fall would be awesome. Spend a long weekend in Coal Harbour, walk Stanley Park, check out the show. I've got Phoenix on Nov 30th as my 2nd option.

First time seeing him.

Not a huge fan, but Nebraska is one of my favorite albums by anyone. I remember driving from the Denver airport, west on 70 late at night, and the radio playing “Atlantic City.” I had never heard it before and was not aware of the album. Immediately sought it out and fell in love with the whole thing.

And then obviously I’m very familiar with all the iconic stuff. I know this means that there’s all sorts of other shit like Nebraska that I’ve never heard before, so hopefully I get exposed to some more that resonates like that.

Very excited for the show.

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
Great show 
I dare you to take a shot every time he yells out something to Steve 

Is it true they premiered If I Was the Priest last night? An audible as it wasn't on the set list. Hoping we get to hear it in Austin tomorrow.

Yes.  And opened with Night.  Also tour premier.

NOT terrible.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Keeping my eyes on tickets for tomorrow's show in Austin.  The wife really wants to go, but I didn't want to drop $1000 on two tickets.  I'm going old school and waiting for rock bottom prices tomorrow afternoon - or not.

same.  i'm not dying to see bruce but if those tickets dip below $100 tomorrow, hard to pass on.  if everyone likes us starts buying and driving the price back up, it won't hurt my feelings.

I'll sell one of y'all my parking pass for $30 tonight.  You can park in the surface lot between the football stadium and Moody. About a 30-second walk if you're slow.  Also works for surface lot just south of practice center by Moody.  Manor garage.  Even works for loading area on Deadman Drive.  I've used it on that circular drive between Red River and IH-35.  Also on 20th street, by School of Social Work, et. al.  Anywhere that's not handicapped.  

Edited by YGIFS