Austin FC

Bottlecap

Games are fantastic in person. We are near the supporters and it is loud AF. The guy and gal that lead the chants do a great job. It is non stop.

My only complaint is that they don’t run the stadium clock in stoppage time. Is that an MLS thing or do they just not want the crowd to know how much time is left?

Just got back, that was fucking fun. Place gets pretty goddamn loud. I've been to two games, bullshitted with a lot of good people, and yet to see a wasted dickhead yet. Glad I opted for the season tickets. Wont go to them all, but will go to more than I planned when I bought them. good times.

• Hook 'Em 1

What a fucking blast. Glad I don’t have court tomorrow, because I’m hoarse as hell.

First two goals were right in front of us, and we were right next to Gallagher’s fiancée. She was ripshit pumped.

This one was a lot of damned fun. Loved to see the aggressive attack, and Ring really did play an amazing match. I counted two miscues along his 1 jillion touches, and a whole lot of damned smart touches.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will back off of Pochettino for one week. If he is allowed to move forward and can find space like that in the midfield every week (I realize not all teams will allow that in the midfield), he will be just fine for us. I've been calling for his head for weeks but today was different. He's still not better than Cecilio though. Cecigol had 2 assists himself tonight.

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Games are fantastic in person. We are near the supporters and it is loud AF. The guy and gal that lead the chants do a great job. It is non stop.

My only complaint is that they don’t run the stadium clock in stoppage time. Is that an MLS thing or do they just not want the crowd to know how much time is left?

That’s a world thing. The clock stops at 45:00 and 90:00, it’s up to you to keep time after that. It threw me off the few times I’ve been to EPL and UCL games. 

The running clock you see on TV? Nowhere to be found. 

Edited by Captain Ron

21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

That’s a world thing. The clock stops at 45:00 and 90:00, it’s up to you to keep time after that. It threw me off the few times I’ve been to EPL and UCL games. 

Yeah, but most Euro stadiums have an extra time clock as well to let you know how much extra time has elapsed.

When I went to Emirates a couple of years ago, I’m pretty sure there was a clock for it otherwise I would’ve noticed it then.

Incredible game last night. I loved it when after a goal they dropped the house lights to all green.  Hopefully last night was a tipping point and not just that Portland sucks.  

I was really impressed with Pereira’s long distribution last night.  He’s gonna be a playmaker. 

East side holla!

1 minute ago, The Maestro said:

I loved it when after a goal they dropped the house lights to all green.

It took me a while to figure out what was happening, from the TV feed. I thought there was some camera messed up, or some exposure mess-up, cause the screen went dark. I did not figure it out until Twellman mentioned it in the post-game.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

When I went to Emirates a couple of years ago, I’m pretty sure there was a clock for it otherwise I would’ve noticed it then.

Might vary stadium to stadium, but I remember at most QPR or other English games I've been to, they don't display the clock running past 45 or 90. Why I've already been trained to check my watch or start a stopwatch at these Austin games.

Edited by LonghornSean

My non-soccer daughter and my wife (no pics of either) went to the game last night.  Daughter had a blast - standing up, chanting, high-fiving strangers, etc.  We split four season tickets with another family, so we have two tickets that are rotating through our family of four.  My soccer daughter and I (no pics of either) got dibs on next Wednesday's game.

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Fuck these Portland bitches. 

I see the opportunity for a non-regional rivalry.

The #WeirdCup is kept each year by the winner of the season series.

Two hipster pseudo-liberal towns with gestapo cops who share a "Keep ______ Weird" slogan as the weird in the two cities continues to disappear. 

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Watched at the brewery down the street. It was very TX OU vibes watching on the outside monitor. We could hear the goals a good 45 seconds before it showed on tv. 

Had a blast. Would go again. Rode the train it was fun. 

Now I’m looking forward to the @elvis thread on “my day at an Austin FC match was better than immafax” 

Our last game before the Gold Cup break is against LA FC this Wednesday; LA has a Saturday game on the road at Real Salt Lake.  I like getting them on a short week.

After the Gold Cup Break we play Seattle in our first game back on Thursday, July 22.  Every other team comes back earlier; Seattle has a game on Sunday, July 18 at Minnesota.  I like getting them on a short week as well.

Getting 6 points is likely from these two.

We've already taken road points off Number 1 Western Conference Leader, Seattle and Number 2, KC (were leading KC 1-0 before a Ring red in other KC road game).  Additionally, we've outright beaten Number 4 in the west, Colorado, as well as Number 5 in the west, Minnesota, both on the road.  We just thrashed the team sitting in the final playoff spot, Number 7 Portland.  Additionally, we took a point off of the east team we get to play this year, Number 5 in the east, Columbus.

All of this without a fucking striker.  I think we are sitting pretty.  I'm starting to get giddy with the possibilities.

Playoffs should expected at this point.

How's that for glass is half full?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3