Austin FC

Bottlecap

3 hours ago, TenaciousTgarden said:

People. My 7 yr old has asked to bring a friend to a game rather than have a birthday party and I support fully.  Best place to buy tickets? Any other tips for kids and games? Looking at Oct 24. 

If you're in a supporters group, there's a pretty active ticket trading community who will generally have tickets available for face value. Most are in the supporters section, but I see offers for other seats. Seems like SeatGeek is the best option beyond that.

If you're close to a train station, MetroRail is a pretty fun way for kids to get there.

Even if you're not close, drive to The Brewtorium and street park in the cul-de-sac. Have a couple beers and pretzels and maybe a flatbread pizza and catch the train to the stadium which is like two blocks away. The food is my kids' favorite of any brewery in town and they don't even necessarily have a kids menu. Dark lagers are the best thing on the beer wall. Very underrated pre-game spot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Even if you're not close, drive to The Brewtorium and street park in the cul-de-sac. Have a couple beers and pretzels and maybe a flatbread pizza and catch the train to the stadium which is like two blocks away. The food is my kids' favorite of any brewery in town and they don't even necessarily have a kids menu. Dark lagers are the best thing on the beer wall. Very underrated pre-game spot.

Nice, thanks. That's a great idea.  How long is the walk from the station to the stadium?  Not concerned about my 7 yr old, but trying to decide how many complaints from my lazy 5 yr old are worth it.

4 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

what a fucking betrayal to the fans. momentum is key going into next season, but i guess they already got their renewals so fuck us i guess, we gotta see if the 23rd man on the bench is gonna pan out.

Well it let us know we need a different backup at keeper.

• Hook 'Em 1