Austin FC

Bottlecap

23 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

If you want a comprehensive look at where we stand this year vs last year going into the season, we got into it on this week's show.

https://www.moontowersoccer.com/austins-new-center-back-2021-vs-2022-roster-minty-kits-and-green-cards-ice-cream-nachos-and-more/

I don't know which one of you said it, but the idea of matching mint green jerseys and shorts immediately made me think of those rompers for men that came out a few years ago.  I don't like it.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I just realized parking across the street at Pickle Research Campus for free, is infinitely easier than any of the other parking options at Q2 stadium.  

I found that parking in the same row at HEB every time keeps me from wandering around with my cart trying to locate my truck.

15 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Lost to Toronto FC today 2-1. Notes from twitter say Romana gave up an early penalty in the first 10 mins or so, Urruti equaled. Not sure how much better we'll be but I'd be satisfied with mid-table this year. At least in the conference. 

Danny Hoesen and Rodney Redes were our two best offensive threats last preseason. I remind myself of that every time I want to read something into a preseason outcome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Danny Hoesen and Rodney Redes were our two best offensive threats last preseason. I remind myself of that every time I want to read something into a preseason outcome.

I hope my family has an intervention for me if I ever start following preseason MLS.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Clowns 

Screenshot_20220217-181418_Messenger.jpg

Seems suspect.  I've seen other teams supporters with drums.  The opposing teams' supporters sit a couple sections over and behind me.

Maybe only actual supporters groups sitting in the assigned area get to bring drums.  I don't think they would let me in with a drum with my seat in gen pop.  My daughter played on a team that was 80% Hispanic for several years - those Mexicans know how to make a bunch of racket.  One game we had 8 matracas on our sideline.  Other teams parents hated us.

From the prohibited items list:  

• Drums and drumsticks, unless coordinated with Q2 Stadium Management
  • Flags larger than 3’x5’, unless coordinated with Q2 Stadium Management
Edited by Jerry Callo

On 2/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, Zepol87 said:

Yes our group did also last year. What does that have to do with this year? Have you ever interacted with the dumbass verdays and anthem ppl? This isn't a shocker

If the supporters had control over anything in the stadium I’m pretty sure we would lower the prices on beer and not worry about opposing drums.

• Hook 'Em 2