Austin FC

Bottlecap

My 12yo and I had a great time. He's been dying to go to a game forever and I'm glad we finally did. 

He tossed a beanbag right in the hole on his first try and won a hat at the Ford display outside before the game.

We paid $25 to park at 2201 Donley. There was plenty of street parking available around there at 7pm. I'm sure the city charges something stupid to park there but it would have been way easier to get out had we parked on the street rather than the lot we did. Going to park on the street next time.

Prices in the stadium for concessions are fucking insane. $7 for a 20oz bottle of coke, $19 for brisket nachos. I honestly do not ever remember paying this much at any venue in my life.

Stadium is so small there really isn't a bad seat in the house. People in the south endzone are nuts. So much energy in the stadium.

Fucking team were idiots tonight. So different watching the game live rather than TV. TV is way too focused in on the ball, so great in person to see plays develop and see people open. I swear there were a dozen or so times someone was running free on the wing and rather than passing out just dribbled strait into 3 people and lost the ball. 

Need to work on long kicks. We lost 90% of the long balls. San Jose was not putting huge pressure on, just fucking kick goal kicks short and work it up.

The last goal was so stupid. 3 dudes allow a guy to cross without closing him out. Either park the bus in back or continue to attack. The half ass whatever the fuck that was cost us the win.

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

And Redes has been fucking atrocious. Don't understand the subs tonight but whatever. 

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I knew we were fucked when we took out all three players that can actually score. I don’t think sitting on a lead has ever worked for us. We are not good enough on defense to go prevent. They didn’t even know what to do once SJ equalized.

9 hours ago, The Maestro said:

We’ve done this every time we’ve played SJ.  

Wolff subbing off all of our competent attackers means we have to play defense and we didn’t   Come on corch!

9 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

That result was exactly what was deserved.

All of this. Terrible substitutions cost us two points.

Thoughts -

- So I am surprised Washington isn't getting more run.  He looked good against Red Bull.  

- As I stated upthread, I imagine that is Redes last game of any real run.  Finlay will give way to Rigoni, but still be valuable off the bench.  Redes is buried with Stroud.

- Urruti is still our best up top, unless we move Driussi up there, but I would like to see Moose and Hoesen get some opportunities to start.  

- I am ready for Valencia to come back at CDM or to move Ring back there,   Is he still hurt or just benched?    Perreira has promise as an above average MLS player, but he's got ADD or something.  I've never seen a guy get the ball taken from him when he gets it as much as he does.  No awareness of the guys closing in on him when he receives a pass.  But we need more consistency back there, so I'll lose the runs upfield Danny gives us for possession and lack of turnovers in the back.  

- Finally, we need to find a way to get fucking Zan on the field more.  When behind against Red Bull, we had him and Gallagher on field as outside backs together.  That's probably not ideal, but both are smart players.  I really like Gallagher, despite that one horrible, horrible game earlier this summer.  

Dropped two more points to LAFC this weekend and they have a game in hand.  Pretty comfortably ahead of third place Dallas so we can get a home game in playoffs, but supporters shield looking tougher and tougher even if we win in two weeks.  Need 3 points next week, no excuses.