Austin FC

Bottlecap

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Dropped two more points to LAFC this weekend and they have a game in hand.  Pretty comfortably ahead of third place Dallas so we can get a home game in playoffs, but supporters shield looking tougher and tougher even if we win in two weeks.  Need 3 points next week, no excuses.  

We over-performed the first half of the season and they didn't. They are easily the best team in MLS and barring a bunch of WTF results should take the shield by a couple of games I think. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We over-performed the first half of the season and they didn't. They are easily the best team in MLS and barring a bunch of WTF results should take the shield by a couple of games I think. 

Fair.  It's just fun to be pissed off about something like that for an Austin professional sports team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Lol what? Stu has been amazing. 
First goal spilled the rebound.

Second goal stumbled and went feet first and not hands.

That first goal was a hard shot, but if you're not going to confidently smother, push aside. I can forgive this one though... helluva hard shot and rebound.

The second was a no man's land and he made the wrong decision to stick his foot out.

Just now, RamjetFDO said:

First goal spilled the rebound.

Second goal stumbled and went feet first and not hands.

That first goal was a hard shot, but if you're not going to confidently smother, push aside. I can forgive this one though... helluva hard shot and rebound.

The second was a no man's land and he made the wrong decision to stick his foot out.

I'll come back a bit - he hasn't been amazing. 

The first goal is 100% on Ring. Stu saved the initial attempt. You can't ask for much more.

The second goal he made an incredible fucking save then got caught - again - on the 2nd attempt.

Stu has been fine. Neither goal is on him. This isn't the CL. 

I mean - can't believe you're even bringing up the 2d one. Most keepers let the first shot through there. 

No argument his first save on the second goal attempt was quality... but his footwork let him down and he wasn't set to make a good decision on the follow-up shot that scored.

He chose to stick a foot out, probably because he felt off balance... but his footwork failed him to be in a position to push off for a good dive.

Yes... defense has not helped at all, but Stu has some culpability in both goals.

Just now, RamjetFDO said:

No argument his first save on the second goal attempt was quality... but his footwork let him down and he wasn't set to make a good decision on the follow-up shot that scored.

He chose to stick a foot out, probably because he felt off balance... but his footwork failed him to be in a position to push off for a good dive.

Yes... defense has not helped at all, but Stu has some culpability in both goals.

Dude it's the MLS. I'm done with this convo. You're expecting him to be Cech? 

Remains a Mickey Mouse league.

3 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

No. But I have high expectations for Stuver that he let down on the 2nd goal.

Agree to disagree. Let's move on. 

These guys are collectively embarrassing the city tonight. Just total garbage from pretty much everyone besides Urruti and Driussi.