Austin FC

Bottlecap

5 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

I still think we got a break on the offside for our second goal, but I would feel better if VAR just claimed it didn’t hit his hand at all.

No. We didn't. He was on. Their 3rd goal came from an egregious non-call against Driussi and then they didn't give a clear handball PK for us. 

MLS refs fucking blow and they've fucked us tonight. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

No. We didn't. He was on. Their 3rd goal came from an egregious non-call against Driussi and then they didn't give a clear handball PK for us. 

Watching OTA, wasn’t sure on Cascante with the replay angles.

Dont disagree on the build up to their PK.

Embarrassing game. Still found the right result. Fuck it. I'll be a cunt about it tomorrow. 

Who was asking me about Driussi possibly going back to Europe? I think he's enjoying himself plenty here. He's ahead by a landslide in the MVP race. 

• Like 1

Watching OTA, wasn’t sure on Cascante with the replay angles.

Dont disagree on the build up to their PK.
Corozo was off.

PXL_20220814_031308955.MP.jpg

Good thing Corozo didn't head it. 
And - you know - who gives a shit anyways because we got fucked by the refs on that handball and on an obvious foul on Driussi like 3 feet outside of the box. 
The way the calls were going i expected they were going say Corozo affected the play and disallow the goal. He got lucky on that one, got caught ball watching but it worked out.

In related news to what I've already posted tonight - I'm drunk as absolute piss.

However - let me digress. 

This has been a fun season. Like - really fun. I just want more. I want us to be the best. The fact that LA has the better team burns me. I want to win the CONCACAF CL and then go beat some European team in the club world cup.

Not all of you need to hold this team to a standard like being relevant on a global stage, but - I'm going to. I've never had a professional team I could identify with like this. I've spent 22 of my 27 waking years living in Austin. I somehow found my way back here. I'm not going to settle for some also-ran "hey we have a team too!" bullshit.  In terms of a direct identity this is all that I've ever had. 

If you think I'm being too intense or that I care too much just keep in mind that this matters to me. A lot. It really does. And I know that it matters to a lot of you just the same. 

Let's go fuck shit up. Let's bleed for these guys until they're absolutely awesome and can transcend the shittniess of MLS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Also - that Driussi finish for the 4th goal was fucking world class. That's some clinical shit. Watch the replay. He doesn't have a ton of options and he bangs it in zero questions asked off of the first touch. 

I mean we are spoiled that we have this dude playing for us. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Can we play eithe Gallagher or Kolmanic at RB?  Serious question. 

That last goal was started by kolmanics brilliant ball. Let’s fuckin play him 90 please.

This is my wife’s agenda. She has been yelling at Josh to find a way to play both John and Zan. Gallagher is fast as hell. And Kolmanic’s left foot is too valuable an asset to leave on the bench.
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Also - that Driussi finish for the 4th goal was fucking world class. That's some clinical shit. Watch the replay. He doesn't have a ton of options and he bangs it in zero questions asked off of the first touch. 

Driussi took that keepers soul out of his body and just crushed it into the turf. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

Goal #2***

So much action at that end tonight. I had hardly watched a soccer game outside of the world cup until attending a couple games this year, and now I try to at least record each game. And goals in person are so fun to experience.

Yeah, we were sitting at the other end but got to watch those dimes.  Not sure what to make of this football, but it is fun as shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Next week would like to see us move Ring to CDM, get Corozo on field and get Perreira off.   A lot of the breaks are on him not being a ball stopper in defensive midfield.   

Corozo had a great unimpeded angle on goal to tie it up and elected to take a low percentage pass that was immediately cleared. I want players on the field that close. Playing time is for closers.

First game to attend.  that shit was great.  we were even with the 6 yard box on the GA end.  6 of the 7 goals and the comeback.

Keeper for Austin kinda F'd up as I think he could have/should have stopped both the non PK goals.  I'm sure he's a good keeper probably just an off game.

Lexus Club is the awesome.

Only downside was the all the faking from the KC dude who should be in traction today based on his "activities" but they came back to bite him and his team.  Don't think I've ever seen 10min of stoppage time but I don't think Euro refs would have allowed all that BS.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, ztejas said:

Facts. Anyone else but seba is skying it to the stands.  
this man is bad ass 

On 8/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

Just locked in 2023 season tickets!  Weren't great, but best available.  Listos Verde!

I heard the other day that 96% of season ticket holders reupped this year.  Down from 97% from last year.  People are going to be on the waiting list for ever.