Austin FC

Bottlecap

Hell of a season, boys. Excited to watch these guys in the champions league. We have a good manager and a lot of nice pieces. I wish Claudio didn't sign that spare and I wish Josh got it right a bit more often than he did but that was a near 180 from last season. 

Oh I also wish this league employed something even approaching competent refereeing but cest la vie. 

I'm gonna go watch Sam play the team formerly known as the Redskins. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Hell of a season, boys. Excited to watch these guys in the champions league. We have a good manager and a lot of nice pieces. I wish Claudio didn't sign that spare and I wish Josh got it right a bit more often than he did but that was a near 180 from last season. 

Oh I also wish this league employed something even approaching competent refereeing but cest la vie. 

I'm gonna go watch Sam play the team formerly known as the Redskins. 

I switched over at the second goal.

One more comment on the foul -- my kid played for the same club @BrickHorn's kids play in.  Way high up in central Texas.  He still asserts the most painful fouls are when you get stepped on.  I never played, so I'll defer to his viewpoint, but I have seen a lot of ankle/ankle hits where a guy pops up.  Get stomped?  That's another level of pain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Ring with another blind bicycle kick clearance that just turns the ball over. Sigh.

Ring is like a derpy NFL quarterback who frequently looks like shit and makes WTF plays but then you look up and his team is like 7-2 or some shit. 

Sucks to go out like this, but the turnaround from bottom of the table to final 4 is more than I hoped for.  I just hope we can do something to address our defensive issues for next year and maybe rethink the right side of our attack. 

Oh cool let's review this 4th goal for offsides because that fucking matters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Nice season for Austin F.C. Good showing by the away support yesterday as well. Hope everyone who made it had a good game day experience – I didn't see anything untoward from the LA fans so hopefully that was the case for all visiting fans.

We had pretty good seats and got to watch Chiellini tussle with Djitte up close.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1a8d31adeffbe3418eef925da0ef442.jpeg

Gonna have to make it to Austin next year for an away match. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

I'm not too sad, this was a bunch that played hard more often than not, and found themselves alive a lot longer than most expected. Today was disappointing, and they definitely seemed to be way too small and soft for what LAFC had to offer, but hopefully we get better after this offseason. 

It was a really, really fun season, especially just in our second year.  Tough way to end it, but that's the way it goes sometimes.  Definitely looking forward to next year.

On 10/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, ztejas said:

Can't lie their supporters section is bringing it. 

@kingkoopa6 we can't hear you assholes on TV. Get angry.

bruh. they was hella lit-  they do some jumping side to side shyt that was pretty dope.  no lie.

i thought we was loud in our own little section. but i think they built the stadium to zap that area of noise 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

bruh. they was hella lit-  they do some jumping side to side shyt that was pretty dope.  no lie.

i thought we was loud in our own little section. but i think they built the stadium to zap that area of noise 

I was just fucking with you. I'm sure y'all came correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Austin FC roster updates:

https://www.austinfc.com/news/austin-fc-announces-roster-decisions-ahead-of-2023-season

Austin FC Announces Roster Decisions Ahead of 2023 Season

By Austin FC Communications @AustinFC

Monday, Nov 7, 2022, 04:00 PM

Austin FC announced today the Club’s decisions on the 2023 contract options of several players, putting the current Austin FC roster for next season at 22 contracted players.

The following two (2) players had their contract options exercised for 2023: Brad Stuver and Charlie Asensio.

Twenty (20) additional players remain under contract for next season: Julio Cascante, Moussa Djitté, Sebastián Driussi, Diego Fagundez, Ethan Finlay, Ruben Gabrielsen, Jon Gallagher, Kipp Keller, Žan Kolmanič, Damian Las, Nick Lima, Daniel Pereira, Tomás Pochettino, Rodney Redes, Emiliano Rigoni, Alex Ring, Jhohan Romaña, Maxi Urruti, Jhojan Valencia, and Owen Wolff.

One (1) player is out of contract with the Club: Hector Jimenez.

Austin FC has declined the contract options for the following five (5) players: Danny Hoesen, Freddy Kleemann, Felipe Martins, Will Pulisic, and Andrew Tarbell.

Additionally, the Club did not exercise the transfer option for Washington Corozo, who spent part of the 2022 season on loan with Austin FC and has now returned to his parent club.

4 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Wtf can we say if someone offers over 12 mill? He seems to enjoy his club and teammates, can we keep him happy for another year at least?

In a vacuum selling him for 15 would be better than keeping him around. 

However I'm not sure I trust us to spend that money wisely after the Rigoni shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/austin-fc/mls-players-name-q2-stadium-their-favorite-place-to-play-in-survey/

The MLS Players Association released its 2022 “Players Voices Poll,” and players around the league think Austin FC’s home stadium has the best playing surface and it’s their preferred place to play. Q2 Stadium has the longest sellout streak in MLS with 36 matches and an average attendance of 20,738, so the electric atmosphere in Austin resonates with players across the league.

Players around MLS also think highly of Austin FC goalkeeper Brad Stuver, naming him the most when answering the question, “Which MLS player is the most impactful in supporting their community?” for the second consecutive year.

MLS players also think Austin FC’s Diego Fagunez is one of the league’s most underrated players, and if players could choose to play for another team, Austin FC was a top choice across the league. Sebastian Driussi was the second choice for the question, “Who would you give league MVP to?”

• Hook 'Em 4

• 2 weeks later...