Austin FC

Bottlecap

On 4/24/2023 at 9:44 AM, Jerry Callo said:

There is a setting on Apple TV to turn off scores on previews and game links.  Not sure if it would cover your specific issue or not, but if you haven't done that - give it a try.

I've looked and looked. Unless I'm doing something wrong, might you please give more direction to find this setting. I rely on this ability for MLB.TV and very much want it for MLS.

I've looked and looked. Unless I'm doing something wrong, might you please give more direction to find this setting. I rely on this ability for MLB.TV and very much want it for MLS.
Settings > privacy > show sports scores

Turn it off. Seems to work. I just pulled up the Austin FC game from last night and started watching the full game without spoiler.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Thanks but I must have been slipped some stupid pills. I can not find such.

Not in the AppleTV's Settings app. It does have General>Privacy& Security options, none of which relate.

In the TV+ app I see no settings option, nor in Sports when it is selected, nor in Season Pass when it is selected.

I am totally bumfuzzled!

So I’ll be the one to say it….  Redes was effective last night. As was Rigoni.  

With Fagundez and Druissi out and Zardes ineffective would like to see a line up with Bruin and Urutti out there at same time from start.   Hopefully the Serb can play soon so we see what we have there. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Rigoni looks 100% better on the left and pushed WAY up. He's not really a 1v1 one guy, but can take it to the corner for some great crosses. So who do we cross to then? Start Bruin at the #9 and just let the tree hit headers on frame, fuck it. Zardes is fucking washed man. He was washed 5 years ago. Redes, meh. That dude is so, so lost. Not even a high line disrupter. Owen Wolff is pretty great. He still shows world class potential, but we aren't playing the same system as last year, which would have feature his abilities more. Daddy Wolff is still mid af.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/6/2023 at 9:43 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

Curious why Cascante and not Ring is captain.  Does Ring not want to do it anymore?  

Ring basically got beat out, and is playing off the bench for the most part is my understanding.  

It's going to be interesting to see the support if we can't start putting some W's on the board.  Hell FC tickets have arguably been the most sought after tickets in the city of late.  Funny how winning does that!  Conversely will support wane if we continue this level of play?  Austin is definitely a soccer town and I have a feeling the seats will mostly just convert to folks who want to go, as rich  and corporate seat folks start coming late, or skipping the games entirely.  As I think there is still plenty of demand.

Hope we can right the ship, but damn this shit reminds me of my years playing with Austin United oh so long ago. Back when it was really important that we eat at Chuy's after games to make sure they would stay in business!  About the only games we won were 1-0.  As we simply had to pitch a shutout to try and turn our anemic offense into a victory.  In a weird way as bad a Druissi  being hurt is, he hasn't honestly been pulling his weight.  Maybe he's been tweaked in the groin this whole time, but we need to find somebody, anybody who can place the ball on frame with a greater degree of consistency.  Right now we seem to be more playing for ties more than victories.

• Hook 'Em 1