Austin FC

Bottlecap

6 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
1 hour ago, YGIFS said:
nvm, see that the draw is later today.  and will be a home match.  cool cool 

Location will be determined by the draw.

Or so the Germans would have us believe...

Tickets acquired for June 10 in KC. I figure it might be my only chance to see a road W this year. Anyone seen a game up there and know some good pregame eats/drinks? It doesn't look like the stadium has a lot of options around it.

Edited by SimonBolivar

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

ferrera is such a fucking spare. kicked a gorgeous through ball RIGHT at stuver and lucked into a meg goal. then does the messi/memphis celebration against a 10 man club. ferrera needs to be buried at FC frisco for his lifetime.

Yeah that celebration was fucking bullshit. I laughed out loud when I realized he, as the 9, was taking corners because he poses no threat in the air. He shanked another sitter too, I think, but I was trying to erase the memory of this game as it was happening.  What a miserable performance at every level. 

We've regressed to where we were 2 years ago, just struggling to get the ball out of our third and into the midfield. The strategy of building from the back is a disaster if we can't find an open pass into the middle third after stretching the other team out.  We kept working it further back and then trying to go over their midfield and giving it away nearly every time. I guess Wolff is a pretty important player for us, or Dallas had a great strategy to force us into bad passes. 

I know this season isn't completely lost yet, but yeah it is. Maybe a guy or two from FC II will be ready next year. Urruti, Zardes, and Bruin are all wasted spots with no future upside if we want to be better next year.  I didn't realize Rigoni is fucking 30 and Finlay is 32.  This roster is maddening.  0-4 against Dallas and Houston looks likely at this point. 

Yeah.  Ferreira is lame.  He’s peaked as a nice MLS false 9 but should never sniff national team again.   I wish MLS fans came up with opponent specific player cheers like the UK does (The one about the Sunderland pedo to Yankee Doodle was the best).  Would have been perfect time for it.  

Come up with something that is more family friendly that would also get under opposing players’ skin. Just a little tired of same ole same ole from South end, but we aren’t any different than other MLS teams in that regard, I imagine. 

Back to the team, Claudio’s, and I guess, Wolff’s roster building has been really bad.   It doesn’t help that our two most prolific players from last year are hurt and one of our two most talented players is playing with the under-20s.   But it also doesn’t help that of the DPs that are not hurt, one would be on the bench but for injuries, and the other is replacement level MLS.   Just a disaster. The city is starting to get distracted, and folks aren’t going to come out to 100 games this summer if it isn’t fun. 

• Hook 'Em 3