Austin FC

Bottlecap

Lol we just got 2 yellows for that? They get nothing? Someone throw a tire iron at this paid for fuck. 

Alright nevermind they got a yellow. 

Twellman must have missed him checking Urruti into the stands. He was probably busy cleaning out his vag, tbf.

Hah. And Champion called him out on it. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

God Twellman is such a fucking twat. Him and Ian Darke used to be a good tag team but apparently that's just showing how good Darke is to make Twellman anything more palatable than a plate of elephant shit.

He's so bad. I harp on it in the NT thread endlessly (probably to the chagrin of the denizens). His quip about Urruti not needing to get in that dude's face was such a pussy-made comment. I loved when Champion was like "yeah but his reaction was a bit dramatic don't ya think"

This country knows how to play futbol at this point but we sure as shit don't know how to cover it yet. I swear I have better takes and knowledge than 80% of the media covering it in this country. And I'm not some expert. 

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Yeah Lima is doing fine but Bale isn’t getting the ball because our midfield has been better than theirs.  

Back 4 has been good too. Ring has been awesome; Pereira has done his job minus a couple wtf moments. Stuver has played a few terrible balls forward that I wish he wouldn't have. 

Just now, ztejas said:

If only we weren't 6 back....

Still. This gives me hope we can close the gap.

Especially with all of the roster crap LAFC is dealing with. Can’t believe they sold Rodriguez.  Bale is on the golf course already and isn’t going to hurt himself for WC.  There may be a chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Especially with all of the roster crap LAFC is dealing with. Can’t believe they sold Rodriguez.  Bale is on the golf course already and isn’t going to hurt himself for WC.  There may be a chance. 

We need to run this up and fuck them over mentally. 

Holy shit we're still in this... 

Anyone that's above watching MLS is missing out. 

Also - I wouldn't say Bale is on the golf course. He's just gotten shut down tonight. This may be a wake up call for him when it comes to the quality in this league. You don't just waltz in and take over anymore. 

Edited by ztejas

That was just a great team effort. No wtf moments from the defense, got a lot out of guys like Lima and Gallagher, didn't really get any breaks from the ref despite LAFC being sloppy and committing some egregious fouls at times, and Pereira only made me yell a handful of times. 

This team is here to fuck shit up. And make up for the garbage fire disguised as our football team the last decade. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chips O'Toole said:

This team is here to fuck shit up. And make up for the garbage fire disguised as our football team the last decade. 

My main issue with this squad is that if they were here to fuck shit up then they should do it game to game. And they haven't. And that's why we're probably going to lose the shield. 

That said - we're still kicking. We could still steal that shit. 

But....

Don't make this about UT football. Or UT in general. Fuck that. This is different. It isn't tit for tat - it isn't some interchangable fandom currency - this is different. Not everyone living in Austin is a Texas fan. Not everyone from Austin is a Texas fan. FC's mission isn't to atone for the shit-ass sins of Texas athletics. It's its own thing. And that's why I love it and why it has its own character. Don't conflate the two. They're different. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Don't make this about UT football. Or UT in general. Fuck that. This is different. It isn't tit for tat - it isn't some interchangable fandom currency - this is different. Not everyone living in Austin is a Texas fan. Not everyone from Austin is a Texas fan. FC's mission isn't to atone for the shit-ass sins of Texas athletics. It's its own thing. And that's why I love it and why it has its own character. Don't conflate the two. They're different. 

Yikes man, that is a lot of wild stuff I wasn't saying at all, but thanks for checking me on it. 

It's fucking great to have a team that is fun to watch.  I love watching this team every week, while the other teams I have followed for years are a beating to watch for the most part. As we are rolling into football season, I was reminded that I have a lot more interest in soccer right now with AFC and international play coming up. 

Relax, bro, this is really fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Yikes man, that is a lot of wild stuff I wasn't saying at all, but thanks for checking me on it. 

It's fucking great to have a team that is fun to watch.  I love watching this team every week, while the other teams I have followed for years are a beating to watch for the most part. As we are rolling into football season, I was reminded that I have a lot more interest in soccer right now with AFC and international play coming up. 

Relax, bro, this is really fun. 

I'm having fun too. Apologies for being a bit intense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We had to miss the game - we’re in Vegas for the Killers (unreal show, BTW). But we were at a nice dinner, and we kept watching our phones for updates and highlights. Folks at the table next to us were soccer fans from Vancouver, and commented how this cool that MLS is getting this kind of attention. Fuck yeah it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

Win still fresh in the mind. Great game to watch with family. Everybody freaking out when I said I want 6-0 before game. Anyways crazy to see what the ratings were against other sports last night (i.e. baseball, preseason football) definitely a different vibe during prime time

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

We had to miss the game - we’re in Vegas for the Killers (unreal show, BTW). But we were at a nice dinner, and we kept watching our phones for updates and highlights. Folks at the table next to us were soccer fans from Vancouver, and commented how this cool that MLS is getting this kind of attention. Fuck yeah it is.

Sweet, I'm going at the moody center in a couple of weeks.