Austin FC

Bottlecap

gonna be at the match tonight..  rollin 11 deep with fam and friends.

fuck me that its same time as Horns tho...

@ztejas  - beer at hopsquad?.. or whatever its called?  do you know if they got tvs for the Horns.

I was there last year for pregame USA jam.. but cant remember 

Edited by kingkoopa6

6 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

gonna be at the match tonight..  rollin 11 deep with fam and friends.

fuck me that its same time as Horns tho...

@ztejas  - beer at hopsquad?.. or whatever its called?  do you know if they got tvs for the Horns.

I was there last year for pregame USA jam.. but cant remember 

I'm probably just taking it easy today man. Might be down to meet up tomorrow if you're still in town. 

At my first Verde match - did USMNT v Jamaica and Grenada. Supporters are fucking lit. 3 and 4 look like linebackers. 3 is the MVP 1st half - dude is impregnable. Offense seems stagnant/less than inspired.

Q?: Who pays for all that water the supporters are throwing around all game? 

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

He's made our team worse. Just bad GMing from Claudio. "Fortunately" we only signed him to 2 years. 

I'm reserving judgment.  He hasn't added anything thus far, though.  I've been really unimpressed with his first touches.  There has been several instances that his inability to receive a pass has caused a turnover and attack by the other team.  You just can't have passes bounce 10 feet off your foot like a middle schooler.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought in those rounds were on Saturday & Sunday.  Is it for sure then that WC plays on Saturday?  I dunno. 

One thing is for sure, neither MLS or Big XII TV is gonna give fuck one about UT's request for a certain gametime due to logistics and transportation.  Especially with the 800 pound gorilla in the room, Austin City Limits Music Festival.  If FC plays Saturday afternoon/evening with an Iowa State kickoff at 2:30/6:00/6:30/7:00p and an ACL jam-packed Saturday...and you want to get an Uber...you should sell an organ now to afford the surge pricing or the bar tab you'll run up waiting to get home.  Have to admit, would be kinda cool to do both ACL and FC playoffs on Sunday thought, if it works out that way.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm going out on a limb and predicting Austin's first round playoff game will be Sunday 10/16 at either 2:00 or 7:00.  It's not clinched yet, but Austin has nearly clinched 2nd in the West (Austin has to lose both games and Dallas has to win both games for Dallas to move into 2nd).  There are three games in the East and three games in the West that first weekend (LAFC and the top East team have byes).  Saturday games are on Univision and mls.com, Sunday games are on ABC/ESPN, and Monday games are on FS1.  My guess is that the 4/5 game will be on Saturday, 2/7 on Sunday, and 3/6 on Monday.  Feel free to do your own reading of tea leaves on the MLS site.

@skittlebrau and his buddy laid most of this out on the Moontower Soccer podcast which can be found anywhere you get your podcasts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Nobody gives a shit what we think, but hoping I guess that our opening round playoff game is on Monday evening (17th).  NOt as fun/convenient, but it'll make that weekend so much more manageable for Austin and fans.  Hyperbole aside, it will be a fucking disaster if you have ISU football, ATX football, and ACL on Saturday.  Sunday would still be rough between FC and ACL.  Monday is best.  But TV gonna TV.  

And no jinx, but Conference Semifinals won't be a fucking picnic either if it's on that Sunday here.  Formula 1 and football around the same time will still make for a dicey logistics situation.  But a fun problem to have.  

So if we get just one point in the next two matches, we win the tiebreaker over Dallas even if they win both, right?  

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Dallas lost so we are 2 seed, hosting first two rounds.  Pretty cool for our shiny new franchise.  What’s the strategy in MLS for last regular season match…rest the starters? 

It would be cooler if we hadn't sucked shit through a straw the past month.

At this point, I'm most concerned with Driussi.  He has 21 goals and 7 assists this year.  In the last 6 games he has 2 goals and zero assists.  He has really fallen off since the LAFC match.  Not only with scoring, but he is turning the ball over with poor passing on a much higher basis.  4 out of Austin's 10 losses happened during this stretch.

If Driussi is clicking, Austin FC will do well in the playoffs.  If not, I fear a quick exit. 

At this point, I'm most concerned with Driussi.  He has 21 goals and 7 assists this year.  In the last 6 games he has 2 goals and zero assists.  He has really fallen off since the LAFC match.  Not only with scoring, but he is turning the ball over with poor passing on a much higher basis.  4 out of Austin's 10 losses happened during this stretch.
If Driussi is clicking, Austin FC will do well in the playoffs.  If not, I fear a quick exit. 

So that 6 game streak lines up with Rigoni being in the line up. Figures.

Okay, while the game was meaningless.....the last several minutes were the most infuriating officiating I've seen.  When we got home, we searched to find videos of Diego's goal, and of the red card that wasn't.

Holy shit.  Diego was unquestionably onsides when the pass was released, it wasn't even a close call.  That alone would have been one of the most ridiculous, inexplicably shitty calls I've ever seen.

But then to get it followed by a clear foul of a defender shoving down the attacker on a run -- the LAST defender, mind you, automatic red card shit -- jaw-dropping.

What does MLS do to review and/or discipline its referees?  Because two blown calls in rapid sequence that 100% changed the outcome of the game cannot happen if anyone wants MLS to be taken remotely seriously as a league.  This guy has to hang.

50 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Didn't see it in the highlights, but here is the foul.

I mean.....how much more of an obvious shove from behind to take out the attacker do you need to call that foul?  Does he have to stab him?  Maybe stand over his prone body and pump a couple 9mm slugs into him?  WTF?

The AR on this side (the half in front of the supporters end) was directly in front of us and so incredibly awful. He was out of position, often 20 yards away from the line he should have been maintaining... chasing the play, raising his little flag, and emphatically waving it before he ever came to a stop.

I yelled to him once that he should try to actually be in line with the last defender at least once during the match... and he glared at me while our section laughed at him. Not sure about the AR on the opposite side/end, but this AR/ref combo should never see the pitch again.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:
94870f605b3b5278b035d26f9876dc2b.jpg

All yeti cups gone a hour prior. 10,000 fans got here before us. Couple next to us got here at 11:40.

Holy shit that's awesome. Volume gonna be cranked up for this one. 

Beer of choice this afternoon. 

16659464589481233871781017546885.thumb.jpg.fa6cd4cfc7994bd7fce4cb4d0039c2ac.jpg

• Like 1