Austin FC

Bottlecap

They definitely worked hard last night, seemed to have some fire on em. Finally took advantage of a couple slim chances and cashed in. Let's get another Saturday!

That’s something my wife and I were talking about last match, after Redes got tossed: the rest of the match, they played with real piss and vinegar, which we hadn’t seen in a long time. It wasn’t a moral victory or anything like that, but it was a genuine sign of life. And you saw some more of that last night.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Got here at 6:45 and walked up to Valentina’s with only 2 people in line. Seems like it’s getting better quickly though. I’m sure the bogus sellout streak will continue.
Season ticket holders bought their tickets a year ago. I don't what percentage are season ticket holders. Certainly helps the sell out numbers when season ticket holders renew at a 95% rate and two years on the waitlist.

They played really well. Ring had an incredible match.

They were killing me with two off the woodwork in the first half. SO many chances, no goals. And for them to come through in extra time was so clutch. The ball in from Ring was really well done, and Zardes was actually in the right place. I’m just glad we didn’t leave 3 points on the table. They were there, and we got em.

Agree that Lundkvist has shown some real value up the left side. I've been less impressed with him on the defensive end, but if we are moving to a back 3, that seems like less of a concern.

We played a great game defensively, and did enough on offense to get the win which is all that matters. I didn't look up xg, but it felt like we had a lot more clear chances in this match than in previous league outings.

I'm shocked that Toronto has the highest paid team in this league by a couple mil. They look so utterly mid, I think the announcers said something about them having a lot of injuries, so that might explain it.

I'm optimistic for working out way back into a playoff spot, but we have a long way to go before we can compete with any of the top teams.