Austin FC

Bottlecap

I was pretty pissed that in order to show support for 130, I had to also support 60, even in its altered form. What a crock of shit. Now there's no differentiation and the opposition, such as it is, can claim that support as well. 

Can somebody tell me how I'm supposed to feel about last night as someone who would like to see MLS in Austin? I don't have the time to go read through a full meeting minutes to understand the different items up for discussion.

Something about 60 being bad until it was watered down, and now it's more palatable?

From what I can gather, we just kinda kicked things down the road another month and a half.

Cliff's Notes?

9 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Can somebody tell me how I'm supposed to feel about last night as someone who would like to see MLS in Austin? I don't have the time to go read through a full meeting minutes to understand the different items up for discussion.

Something about 60 being bad until it was watered down, and now it's more palatable?

From what I can gather, we just kinda kicked things down the road another month and a half.

Cliff's Notes?

The City Manager will begin negotiating with PSV (item 130) while also accepting other proposals for the site (item 60) at the same time. The City Manager will report back to Council on August 9th at which time Council can get an update on negotiations/other proposals, extend the time for negotiations or approve a contract with PSV. On the whole, it's positive for MLS to Austin supporters, especially with 60 being watered down (added language to include soccer stadium in the solicitation for proposals). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UrbanAchiever said:

The City Manager will begin negotiating with PSV (item 130) while also accepting other proposals for the site (item 60) at the same time. The City Manager will report back to Council on August 9th at which time Council can get an update on negotiations/other proposals, extend the time for negotiations or approve a contract with PSV. On the whole, it's positive for MLS to Austin supporters, especially with 60 being watered down (added language to include soccer stadium in the solicitation for proposals). 

Just enough time for Eliteserien to swoop in and present a better bid for their first team outside of Norway. I personally can't wait for derby matches against Lillestrøm

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wood said:

I was pretty pissed that in order to show support for 130, I had to also support 60, even in its altered form. What a crock of shit. Now there's no differentiation and the opposition, such as it is, can claim that support as well. 

83% of testimony in favor, which mirrors the last poll PSV did. City folks I know seem to think we were good.

When did you register? I was there from 5 pm on, except for a couple hours in the bar at the W with a couple other MLS 2 supporters, an insurance agent buddy, city lobbyists, a local TV personality, and the pedicab driver guy who's running on a platform of putting a dome over the city to keep Californians out and also giving APD flame throwers. He testified against it, but that guy is crazy enough that I love him.

Looks like he tweeted this right after we left.

Dg3uYH6V4AE0eeu.jpg 

x, x, x, x. NTTAWWT.

I was there around 3-4pm, just register my opinion but not for speaking. Then I went back later around 7pm for a while with my oldest boy to add to the crowd presence and let him experience this kind of thing and see how a city council meeting works. We were about to go in when the chambers reached it's fire load card capacity...

And kudos to you for sticking it out that long to state your piece. I sat through a lot of those CC meetings and other city and county plannings sessions, etc back when we were pushing for COTA's approval. Saying that shit's not fun would be a massive understatement.

BTW, tell that pedicab guy not to waver on his platform. That's a winner, at least the dome part.

LTU-pyYhvL3f_mR4MqxqqHEJYbld9R6pWXRVUhTW

Edited by wood

11 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

83% of testimony in favor, which mirrors the last poll PSV did. City folks I know seem to think we were good.

When did you register? I was there from 5 pm on, except for a couple hours in the bar at the W with a couple other MLS 2 supporters, an insurance agent buddy, city lobbyists, a local TV personality, and the pedicab driver guy who's running on a platform of putting a dome over the city to keep Californians out and also giving APD flame throwers. He testified against it, but that guy is crazy enough that I love him.

Looks like he tweeted this right after we left.

Dg3uYH6V4AE0eeu.jpg 

Need to change my vote to “No”

21 hours ago, UrbanAchiever said:

So, pretty good for MLS in Austin fans, and not so good for #teamfutureman?  I'll take it. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

So, pretty good for MLS in Austin fans, and not so good for #teamfutureman?  I'll take it. :)

I'll say this, I think Precourt has been handling this badly and it's made me not root for Austin to get the team as much.

But damn if Future Man's attitude isn't getting me on team Austin FC.

5 hours ago, skipperj said:

That would be awesome and a real fuck you. The Columbus Crew of Austin. Great idea futureman!

hey thanks, skip.  glad you’re on board.  I actually meant for the crew to never enter this beloved city and keep their slimy soccer tentacles in that shithole known as ohio.  but you knew that.  I have other good ideas as well.  

9 hours ago, futureman said:

hey thanks, skip.  glad you’re on board.  I actually meant for the crew to never enter this beloved city and keep their slimy soccer tentacles in that shithole known as ohio.  but you knew that.  I have other good ideas as well.  

What are your 5 best ideas in life?