Austin FC

Bottlecap

Just now, BurdineBandit said:

Absolutely he has. But so has Finally, all he's literally done is hung in this league. Is Wolff, at his young age, up to making a difference in a game this intense? I hope so. 

I have complete confidence 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Absolutely he has. But so has Finally, all he's literally done is hung in this league. Is Wolff, at his young age, up to making a difference in a game this intense? I hope so. 

Damn look at that. Wolff creating a goal.

1 minute ago, BurdineBandit said:

No worries, my pussy isn't throbbing over it, is yours? Just trying to get a W. 

Finlay was shittastic in the first half and on top of that Owen is just straight up a better player anyway. Just stop man. 

Hoeson really has to finish better. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Why? You think that's appropriate for the first card all day? We had 4 defenders back behind the ball and it was a soft foul. 

It wasn't the first card. Also Felipe didn't make a play on the ball imo

Just now, rvm96 said:

It wasn't the first card. Also Felipe didn't make a play on the ball imo

Missed the first card. Arriola got away with a clear yellow in the 1st half. Whatever - it's immaterial. I'm not saying it's the worst card I've ever seen I just think giving a yellow in the last minute is dumb. 

7 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Based on the way the half was called that wasn’t even worth blowing a whistle.

It's a cheap yellow. The only point is to punish the offending player by accumulation on a technicality as it doesn't affect the rest of the game whether a card is handed or not. It was a strategic foul - not dangerous at all - and the Dallas player was facing a wall of defenders. It's poor officiating unless the player in question had it coming (he didn't). 

Original Dallas Burn season ticket holder, but have grown apathetic over the team and have rooted for Austin due to my ties dow there nd really want to see the game grow.

Went to the game Saturday night and sat in the FCD supporters section.  Very impressed with the group Austin brought.  Could see them but couldn't hear them at all at the stadium.  Assume it's distance and the way the group was facing.  Would expect the same from the opposite side as well.  

Didn't realize the tie gave you guys the Cup, but cool.  

Regarding the game, not a bad game but both sides seemed tired and it was hot AF out there.  

14 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

I can say for sure that COVID is making a  run through the supporters who went to Frisco, so hopefully it’s precautionary.

For those of you who listen to the podcast, who should we interview next? Got my eyes on Healey and Arnaud but not sure after that.

IIRC, you interviewed Healey already.  It would be interesting to hear from Sonny Guadaramma, if you are going to get an announcer/commentator.  I'd love to hear about the view of the club from his Spanish speaking or primarily Spanish speaking listeners.  I'm sure there is a large fan base that don't regularly attend games, but watch and follow.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

IIRC, you interviewed Healey already.  It would be interesting to hear from Sonny Guadaramma, if you are going to get an announcer/commentator.  I'd love to hear about the view of the club from his Spanish speaking or primarily Spanish speaking listeners.  I'm sure there is a large fan base that don't regularly attend games, but watch and follow.

We’ve done a few live shows with Adrian but never had him on the podcast. Thanks for the suggestion.