AUS wait times on a Saturday morning?

Wiler77

Anyone flown out of AUS early one of he past 2 Saturday mornings?

I have a 7:45am flight tomorrow to SFO.  Clear and Pre-check status

I do have to go to kiosk beforehand to show passport, but I don't think that would slow things down too much, right?

I was thinking if I got there at 6:15am I'd be in good shape.

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

Anyone flown out of AUS early one of he past 2 Saturday mornings?

I have a 7:45am flight tomorrow to SFO.  Clear and Pre-check status

I do have to go to kiosk beforehand to show passport, but I don't think that would slow things down too much, right?

I was thinking if I got there at 6:15am I'd be in good shape.

Being pre-check, especially if you aren't checking bags, our experience on multiple flying days recently has been that it's not that bad.  1.5 hours is plenty.  Shit, I dropped my wife off for an early morning flight on a Sunday 2 hours ahead of time.  She was at her gate 15 minutes after she walked away from my car.

• Like 1

It's a complete crap shoot.  It can be 10 minutes at any given time and be lined up out the door 30 minutes later.  It has more to do with how many TSA dudes are at work that day than airline schedules or days of the week or time of day, unless you are at the extreme ends of the day, ie before 5am or after 9pm.

49 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Enjoy SF.

Ha!  Yea, that'd be nice.  Connecting to Singapore actually.  Copious amounts of ball sweat inside and outside.

Normally I absolutely love going to Singapore, if nothing more than the food.  My parents used to live there, and I'd visit during winter break while in college.  I have all my favorite spots I like to hit when going back for business.  This time is on business for a multi-day internal sales/marketing "summit".

Night 1: Dinner at a fancy hotel

Night 2: Dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse

Night 3: Dinner at a tapas bar

wtf GIF

Gonna have to eat light so I can hit the food stalls afterwards.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Update...

At 6:45am the security lines were almost empty.  I'm on United, which I assume has fewer flights that time of day because not many people were checking in. If you fly American and have a family and/or checking bags, you should arrive plenty early. It was a cluster fuck.  Didn't see the Southwest area.

11 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Ha!  Yea, that'd be nice.  Connecting to Singapore actually.  Copious amounts of ball sweat inside and outside.

Normally I absolutely love going to Singapore, if nothing more than the food.  My parents used to live there, and I'd visit during winter break while in college.  I have all my favorite spots I like to hit when going back for business.  This time is on business for a multi-day internal sales/marketing "summit".

Night 1: Dinner at a fancy hotel

Night 2: Dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse

Night 3: Dinner at a tapas bar

wtf GIF

Gonna have to eat light so I can hit the food stalls afterwards.

I've always wanted to visit Singapore. I'll have to message you when I get serious about booking a trip. 

• 1 month later...