Welcome to Wrexham

ztejas

Notts County win 3-0 and Wrexham fall 3-1. WIth these results the teams are now level on points, GD is the current separator.

image.png.e46f01bd39adc5582eb8e239f5dfc1cf.png

On 4/1/2023 at 12:06 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

I think notts knows they probably need to win the match v wfc to have more than a long shot chance at the title and auto prom.  A draw or worse there for them puts it into an area of unlikelihood that wfc were to falter badly enough. 

I agree with you that Notts will need the win, but the margins are now ultra thin. First after Monday Wrexham will have 4 games left, Notts County 3.

Wrexham wins - they are +3 points clear and will close up or take the lead on GD.

Notts wins - they are 3 points clear, and expand that GD lead by a lot

Draw - Same points (101), Notts with the GD advantage

The writing the season is just so unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Notts County win 3-0 and Wrexham fall 3-1. WIth these results the teams are now level on points, GD is the current separator.

image.png.e46f01bd39adc5582eb8e239f5dfc1cf.png

I agree with you that Notts will need the win, but the margins are now ultra thin. First after Monday Wrexham will have 4 games left, Notts County 3.

Wrexham wins - they are +3 points clear and will close up or take the lead on GD.

Notts wins - they are 3 points clear, and expand that GD lead by a lot

Draw - Same points (101), Notts with the GD advantage

The writing the season is just so unbelievable.

Game in hand is huge for Wrexham right now.

Wrexham wins - 3 points clear with a game in hand. Could be 6 points clear if they win the game in hand, 4 points clear if they draw the game in hand, or 3 points clear if they lose the game in hand. Controls their own destiny. In this scenario could suffer one loss and one draw the rest of the season and still control their own destiny. 2 losses opens the door for Notts to swoop in.

Notts wins - 3 points up with Wrexham having a game in hand. Notts controls their own destiny. Wrexham would have to win their game in hand to bring it level and then win out (or at least match Notts results) the rest of the way. If they win the game in hand and match results the rest of the way, Wrexham would have to make up the goal differential. Dropping any points would put them in a very very difficult place.

Draw - level on points with game in hand. Wrexham controls their own destiny. Winning game in hand would have them 3 points clear. Drawing game in hand would put them 1 point up and still in control. Can't drop any more points than that. Losing game in hand would leave them both level with Notts ahead on goal difference

So with the win:
Wrexham 103 points
Notts County 100 points

Though with 1 goal margin today, Notts is still +1 on GD to Wrexham

Here is the easy thing: Notts's max points are 109, which means Wrexham needs 7 points in their last 4. Clearly that changes with other Notts results, but this looks promising.

Edited by Captain Ron

40 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

A PK save to win at the end of stoppage time?

The writing is season 2 is just too damn over the top.

I said it wasn't realistic after the FA Cup run but this is now ridiculous writing that nobody will take seriously. 

• Haha 1

BTW - Here is the run in for both Wrexham and Notts County

Sat Apr 15
Wrexham @ Barnet (5th)
Notts County v Woking (3rd)

Tue Apr 18
Wrexham v Yeovil Town (22nd)

Sat Apr 22
Wrexham v Boreham Wood (6th)
Notts County @ Maidstone United (18th)

Sat Apr 29
Wrexham @ Torquay United (21st)
Notts County v York City (17th)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

BTW - Here is the run in for both Wrexham and Notts County

Sat Apr 15
Wrexham @ Barnet (5th)
Notts County v Woking (3rd)

Tue Apr 18
Wrexham v Yeovil Town (22nd)

Sat Apr 22
Wrexham v Boreham Wood (6th)
Notts County @ Maidstone United (18th)

Sat Apr 29
Wrexham @ Torquay United (21st)
Notts County v York City (17th)

Wow - this does look interesting.

4/15 - could be a wash -- both could win, lose, or draw.  If they match result-for-result, that obviously works in Wrexham's favor, but if Wrexham drop and County win, then we really get squeaky bum time!

4/18 - should be an easy 3 pts here.

4/22 - County have the easier of the two matches - so Wrexham need to at least hold serve.

4/29 - I see both clubs getting the three points on the final day.

SO - depending on this weekend, the season may come down to that 4/22 match-up...  

I hate to say it, but I'm actually going to miss being in the National League.  We'll see what sort of transfers or purchases Wrexham are able to make to stay competitive on a consistent basis, once they're one level up.

29 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

...I hate to say it, but I'm actually going to miss being in the National League.  We'll see what sort of transfers or purchases Wrexham are able to make to stay competitive on a consistent basis, once they're one level up.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe84f746718079318426ac7538122e2f.jpeg

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

I hate to say it, but I'm actually going to miss being in the National League.  We'll see what sort of transfers or purchases Wrexham are able to make to stay competitive on a consistent basis, once they're one level up.

R&R have lost something like $3 million since taking over Wrexham. They really, really need to get promoted this year. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

Wow - this does look interesting.

4/15 - could be a wash -- both could win, lose, or draw.  If they match result-for-result, that obviously works in Wrexham's favor, but if Wrexham drop and County win, then we really get squeaky bum time!

4/18 - should be an easy 3 pts here.

4/22 - County have the easier of the two matches - so Wrexham need to at least hold serve.

4/29 - I see both clubs getting the three points on the final day.

SO - depending on this weekend, the season may come down to that 4/22 match-up...  

As others have pointed out - chickens and counting and shit.

That said, should they get promoted, I’m not sure they spend a lot to upgrade this lineup. They are already spending in line with a League 2 team. Plus staying up hasn’t proven to be a big issue with teams making the NL>L2 jump. Only 1 team promoted in the last 5 seasons has gone down: and it took them a few seasons.

I would expect a few changes, but nothing huge. 

6 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

A PK save to win at the end of stoppage time?

The writing is season 2 is just too damn over the top.

Happened to open Twitter right as the save was posted and immediately thought the same thing.  Curious how they handle the fact that everyone knows what's happened already this time around.  Last year, the results were out there if you wanted to know them, but nothing like this year w/ Wrexham in everyone's feed.

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

R&R have lost something like $3 million since taking over Wrexham. They really, really need to get promoted this year. 

I'm not sure that's counting income from the TV deal though. And they're probably going to get even more from Season 2.

And I think they get to renegotiate the TV deal after year 2 if I remember correctly, but I might just be making that up