Welcome to Wrexham

ztejas

Good video. They think that Wrexham and Notts (if they get promoted) will both get through League 2 fairly quickly. They also don't think that the financial limitations won't effect Wrexham since they will make so much more money AND their sponsorships are all coming up for renewal. They expect Wrexham to have a lot of leverage to get big sponsorship deals that will dwarf the rest of the league due to exposure. 

As for the question of making the EPL they definitely think it's within reach. Wrexham historically has "punched below its weight" due to circumstances and some horrible ownership.

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean I know Bale is joking around to see if he can get a free round at St Andrews, but he’d wreck League 2

He could train just half the week and golf the other half and still kill it in League 2 while bringing another Welsh team up the ladder while getting a free room in Reynolds new house.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, TheBryMan81 said:

Saw this impressive stat:

23 games at home

22 wins, 0 losses, 1 draw.

67 out of 69 possible points at the Racecourse.

That's a home field advantage.

Also impressive: RR have apparently also invested in the Women's side (semi professional, currently play in the Welsh second division and will move up to Welsh premiere League next year) . The Wrexham women last month completed the first ever perfect season: 12 matches, 12 wins 0 losses 0 draws.

I will say this - I think that teams that get ahead of the soon to be massive growth of the professional level women's game (and I know that the game already is already big, just see the UCL) are really setting themselves up for a way to have a big revenue stream open up for them, with a small early investment. I get that there are many big clubs with well established teams, but It think there is a lot of room for growth, teams just need to jump into that space and grow with it.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:21 PM, The Dog said:

The flip side:

Rochdale falls out of League for the first time in 108 years.

NSIAP - One of her videos popped up on my YT feed a few days back and I watched it, she went to a Wrexham game and compared it to RAFC. She was envious of what Rob and Ryan are doing there. And she pretty much nails it on the head what fans want - its really about owners caring about what they are doing. We watch at the top level, we've seen EPL fans march through the streets hating their owners (see Newcastle fans a few years back before they were sold). We see fans like Man U, Spurs and Arsenal (until a few seasons back) that really complain about ownership not doing their all to make the team better and sitting by not answering questions.

She says that what Rob and Ryan are doing is fantastic, they are open and honest with their message to the fans. They aren't doing things to sabotage the club (like past owners) and they want to see the team succeed. And in the end, that is all we as fans want.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I will say this - I think that teams that get ahead of the soon to be massive growth of the professional level women's game (and I know that the game already is already big, just see the UCL) are really setting themselves up for a way to have a big revenue stream open up for them, with a small early investment. I get that there are many big clubs with well established teams, but It think there is a lot of room for growth, teams just need to jump into that space and grow with it.

NSIAP - One of her videos popped up on my YT feed a few days back and I watched it, she went to a Wrexham game and compared it to RAFC. She was envious of what Rob and Ryan are doing there. And she pretty much nails it on the head what fans want - its really about owners caring about what they are doing. We watch at the top level, we've seen EPL fans march through the streets hating their owners (see Newcastle fans a few years back before they were sold). We see fans like Man U, Spurs and Arsenal (until a few seasons back) that really complain about ownership not doing their all to make the team better and sitting by not answering questions.

She says that what Rob and Ryan are doing is fantastic, they are open and honest with their message to the fans. They aren't doing things to sabotage the club (like past owners) and they want to see the team succeed. And in the end, that is all we as fans want.

Saw that one too - it's what got the other one to pop up in my feed. 

It's interesting seeing so many third parties say "don't be resentful - these people have been through a lot and deserve this." It's not that others don't either but Wrexham's situation was especially dire given how they had an owner who only sought to sell off the team's assets to make a buck and shut it down. 

I wouldn't say that anyone deserves to win, promotion, trophies etc - that comes from on the field results.

But fans absolutely deserve to have ownership that at least cares and tries. They don't have to spend a ton of money (it helps), but at least spend some money to make sure you're putting in the effort. And they sure as shit shouldn't be doing what the prior group did and doing all they could to destroy the club and sell it off for parts.

Edited by Captain Ron

I think knowing what happened last year made me a little tardy watching all of the series. It wasn't lack of interest or anything, it was just that I never found the time to finish the series. I have since found that. 

I have to admit, the end of the series is almost the perfect lead in for next season and the result they got. It's almost like they knew that this was going to be the year.

Final day and we’re almost done.

Wrexham is currently tied 1-1 with Torquay United. If Torquay doesn’t win everything isn’t even important, they will be relegated. Talk about the agony and the ecstasy. One team relegated and the other the champion and promoted  

The playoffs appear to also be set:

Notts County and Chesterfield will be the 1-2 seeds

3-6 in order - Woking, Barnett, Borham Woods and Bromely. 

22 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Boreham Woods hangs on to win 2-1. Barnet gave them some scares, but at the end just couldn't get enough real pressure. They head to Notts County next.

Boreham woods and notts county drew in august and again in January. So this probably won’t be a walk for notts and their 107 points.