New XFL cities and coaches revealed

shadow_operative

• 3 months later...

It's so confusing calling these "new" teams with some big reveal like creating them from scratch. As far as I can remember it's one "new" team and some shuffling.

Dallas Renegades are now Arlington Renegades.

Guardians moved from NY to Orlando.

Vipers moved from Tampa to Vegas.

LA team folds and SA gets a team, the only truly "new" team.

Worst logo

Seattle sea dragons:

If you're going to miss, you should at least miss in a cooler direction:

spacer.png

Best logo:

DC defenders... but actually terrible name.

When it comes to defending DC, the US hasn't always done a fantastic job......

spacer.png

and also

spacer.png

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

SA got the stupidest name by far. There’s already a high school in SA whose mascot is the brahmas. 

SA has the best name by far. Geographically relevant, no pro teams with it, and farm animas are awesome mascots. They ramp up an extra level when it’s a specific breed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Grading the logos and mascots:

image.thumb.jpeg.13c257cd5fe3abd5eb04eb6b2196b291.jpeg

Renegades: C. Just yawn all around. The logo is just a stylized “R”. Renegade is boring and unrelated to Arlington.  We need to move beyond blacks and grays and bring back glorious color.

Defenders: C+ because of the red and white. The logo is fine but why is there a star? I get the military connection but they’re all in Virginia or Maryland anyway. It would have been cool to resurrect the Senators here. 

Roughnecks: B-. This is a shameless ploy to feed on Oilers nostalgia and so of course I’m kind of here for it. The thing is, it just makes me upset to see how far we’ve fallen in terms of graphic design and coolness. If the Oilers never existed and we were inventing them in 2022, this is what we’d get— dark colors and an overstylized cartoon derrick. No “Luv Ya Blue” and that perfect helmet, because we can’t have nice things, we can only have fake attitude. And that’s sad. 

Guardians: F. This is bullshit, nothing to do with Florida or Orlando. Cleveland already took this and it wasn’t cool there. What are they guarding? Why does it look like a cat and not a dog, if they are guarding. Gray and two shades of green? Gross. This sucks shit through a straw and was designed by a committee of sixth grade boys. 

Brahmas: B+. The Brahma is relevant, local, and cool. Agricultural mascots are cool, doubly so when a specific breed. The gray should be lighter and the stylized skull logo is, again, too much fake badass. Look at Kingsville King High to do a good Brahma. A Brahma is unique an recognizable! Go realistic.

Sea Dragons: C-. Fuck you, XFL. This is a cold ripoff of the NHL Kraken and they did it so much better. Sea Dragons aren’t a thing in life or myth but Sea Serpents are and you’d have that sweet alliteration. Or you could be the Seattle Sasquatch and be completely awesome. Eat a dick for this lame effort. 

Battle Hawks: C-. Fuck you again. Combining cool words does not make you cool. Auburn’s War Eagle is cool, but that does not mean Battle Hawk is cool. A sword and wings? Wtf, did Napoleon Dynamite design this shit? Go to hell. You’re not getting an F only because blue and white are Good Colors. 

Vipers: B. And I’m grading on a curve here, XFL.  And again with the black and the fake attitude. At least you’re in the desert and rattlesnakes are vipers but…yawn.  Be cooler and better. The stylized V is just OK. Nothing here stands out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Renegades: C. Just yawn all around. The logo is just a stylized “R”. Renegade is boring and unrelated to Arlington.  We need to move beyond blacks and grays and bring back glorious color.

Defenders: C+ because of the red and white. The logo is fine but why is there a star? I get the military connection but they’re all in Virginia or Maryland anyway. It would have been cool to resurrect the Senators here. 

Roughnecks: B-. This is a shameless ploy to feed on Oilers nostalgia and so of course I’m kind of here for it. The thing is, it just makes me upset to see how far we’ve fallen in terms of graphic design and coolness. If the Oilers never existed and we were inventing them in 2022, this is what we’d get— dark colors and an overstylized cartoon derrick. No “Luv Ya Blue” and that perfect helmet, because we can’t have nice things, we can only have fake attitude. And that’s sad. 

Guardians: F. This is bullshit, nothing to do with Florida or Orlando. Cleveland already took this and it wasn’t cool there. What are they guarding? Why does it look like a cat and not a dog, if they are guarding. Gray and two shades of green? Gross. This sucks shit through a straw and was designed by a committee of sixth grade boys. 

Brahmas: B+. The Brahma is relevant, local, and cool. Agricultural mascots are cool, doubly so when a specific breed. The gray should be lighter and the stylized skull logo is, again, too much fake badass. Look at Kingsville King High to do a good Brahma. A Brahma is unique an recognizable! Go realistic.

Sea Dragons: C-. Fuck you, XFL. This is a cold ripoff of the NHL Kraken and they did it so much better. Sea Dragons aren’t a thing in life or myth but Sea Serpents are and you’d have that sweet alliteration. Or you could be the Seattle Sasquatch and be completely awesome. Eat a dick for this lame effort. 

Battle Hawks: C-. Fuck you again. Combining cool words does not make you cool. Auburn’s War Eagle is cool, but that does not mean Battle Hawk is cool. A sword and wings? Wtf, did Napoleon Dynamite design this shit? Go to hell. You’re not getting an F only because blue and white are Good Colors. 

Vipers: B. And I’m grading on a curve here, XFL.  And again with the black and the fake attitude. At least you’re in the desert and rattlesnakes are vipers but…yawn.  Be cooler and better. The stylized V is just OK. Nothing here stands out. 

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

If tickets are reasonable I'll probably actually attend a Houston game or two. 3 of 8 teams in Texas tells you something about how shitty leadership has killed the college conferences based in this state. 

It's weird geographically.  Every team west of the Mississippi (and all but one of those well west) and then one team in Orlando?  Even the Big 12 doesn't have UCF as much on an island as that.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

+rep for that.  Had never seen it, looks good.

301457307_470513295088759_20931297313809

All of these are better than Commanders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

It's so confusing calling these "new" teams with some big reveal like creating them from scratch. As far as I can remember it's one "new" team and some shuffling.

Dallas Renegades are now Arlington Renegades.

Guardians moved from NY to Orlando.

Vipers moved from Tampa to Vegas.

LA team folds and SA gets a team, the only truly "new" team.

150dc995f5033d4d542f3b08c7b6caae.jpg

Sea Dragons: C-. Fuck you, XFL. This is a cold ripoff of the NHL Kraken and they did it so much better. Sea Dragons aren’t a thing in life or myth but Sea Serpents are and you’d have that sweet alliteration. Or you could be the Seattle Sasquatch and be completely awesome. Eat a dick for this lame effort.

I find this extremely difficult to disagree with.

But I'll probably go anyway.

Sea Dragons: C-. Fuck you, XFL. This is a cold ripoff of the NHL Kraken and they did it so much better. Sea Dragons aren’t a thing in life or myth but Sea Serpents are and you’d have that sweet alliteration. Or you could be the Seattle Sasquatch and be completely awesome. Eat a dick for this lame effort.

In their defense, finding names that are open or available gets increasingly difficult. We’re about down to Foster Parents, Fat Fucks, and Goobers as the last remaining names available.

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

San Antonio should’ve been the Toros. Cultural & sounds way cooler.

16 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

All of these are better than Commanders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports names should always be 1  or 2 syllables max. Patriots is the only decent one I can think of that is 3 syllables and it's not that great

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Sports names should always be 1  or 2 syllables max. Patriots is the only decent one I can think of that is 3 syllables and it's not that great

i personally think buccaneers and 49ers are pretty good but in general, i strongly agree with your thesis.

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

i personally think buccaneers and 49ers are pretty good but in general, i strongly agree with your thesis.

I thought of that but even those people naturally shorten themselves to 1 syllables names. Far more people call them the Bucs and Niners than the full name. You really only say the full name when you say the city name in front

Edited by Hermanator

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

In their defense, finding names that are open or available gets increasingly difficult. We’re about down to Foster Parents, Fat Fucks, and Goobers as the last remaining names available.

My softball team already is called the Fat Fucks, try again.

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

58 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

San Antonio Pendejos (middle finger logo)

Arlington Hooters (chicken wing / boobs logo)

Houston Zoning Laws (strip club next to a school logo)

these would have been my team names. Admittedly, they’re not very good. 

Arlington Karens - Handbag logo with the buckle forming a A & K interlocked 

DC Crackpipes - Almost copy the same DC logo as above. But instead of the shooting star thing, just make it a crackpipe instead.

Houston Smog - silhouette of a chemical plant / smoke stack and a distillation tower form a H

Orlando Tourists - Logo of jorts. The O forms the button of the jorts and the inside seem forms a T

San Antonio Diabetics - Have a Wilford Brimley mustache for a 's' and two insulin needs form an 'A'

Seattle CHOP - ANTIFA holding an axe

St. Louis Slingers - Plate of Slinger where you can see a St.L in plate or something 

Las Vegas Vig - Use the same logo

• Like 1