Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Tenn. Tech ERA is 4.96, while their opponents have been 9.41. They have a batting avg of .339 and leads the nation in HRs with 133.
Our ERA is 4.17, while our opponents have been 5.42. Our batting avg is .274 with 58 HRs.

This is going to be interesting!

LETS BEAT THESE TOOFLUS RUFUS MOFOS!!  
Guess they haven't played in a lot of.parks like Disch Falk.

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Is this a Longhorn board or an Aggie board?
I can’t tell anymore. Every thread is buried with Texags nonsense

Gtfo with that shit... or at least start a new thread “stupid things aggy say” as the designated spot where you guys can leave all that and circle jerk over it.

You are right. I will no longer respond to that nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The Umps don't let us lose at home? They have a lot to answer for the past four years then.

apparently they don't let us lose to Aggy at a neutral site regional either.  aggy gonna aggy.  lil brother syndrome to the nth degree.

Looks like Tennessee Tech only has 1 lefty. Alex Hursey looks like he's their 3rd starter. They also have Nic Dye but he hasn't pitched since April 25th. So guessing he has some type of injury. 

This is significant. They won't have any lefties coming out of the pen unless Dye pitches for the first time in over a month. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Looks like Tennessee Tech only has 1 lefty. Alex Hursey looks like he's their 3rd starter. They also have Nic Dye but he hasn't pitched since April 25th. So guessing he has some type of injury. 

This is significant. They won't have any lefties coming out of the pen unless Dye pitches for the first time in over a month. 

good info.  even average to good lefties get picked up by major colleges so it doesn't surprise me they don't have some.  helps our lineup.  they've gotten this far without them but still like the right lefty matchups our order creates.

• Like 1

Hey guys I was frantically refreshing the ticket page but it seems I missed out. 

heard stubhub might get some but I wanted to see if anyone had tickets they wanted to get rid of. 

Looking for 2 or 3 weekend passes, even single game works I just am desperate to be there. Any seat in the disch is fine. DM me if you can help

Edited by 2017horn

Just now, Steamboat1874 said:

Source ?

NCAA already sent out the dates/times on twitter this morning. @NCAACWS

Austin - Sat-Mon

Chapel Hill - Fri-Sun

Corvallis - Fri-Sun

Fayetteville - Sat-Mon

Fullerton - Fri-Sun

Gainesville - Sat-Mon

Lubbock - Sat-Mon

Nashville - Fri-Sun

Times added (CT):

Austin - Sat-Mon 2pm - 2pm - noon

Chapel Hill - Fri-Sun - 10am - 11am - 11am

Corvallis - Fri-Sun - 4pm - 8:30pm - 8pm

Fayetteville - Sat-Mon - 5:30pm - 2pm - 6pm

Fullerton - Fri-Sun - 1pm - 5:30pm - 8pm

Gainesville - Sat-Mon - 11am - 11am - 7:30pm

Lubbock - Sat-Mon - 2pm - 4pm - 3pm

Nashville - Fri-Sun - 7pm - 8:30pm - 5pm

It will never be hotter than the regional game in 1983 against Mississippi State at noon on the Sunday when we had to beat them twice. 

Steve Labay threw one of the greatest shutouts in the history of Texas Baseball.

Pretty sure some of change ups that day were of the "Eeefus" persuasion. They could not touch him. One of the most incredible performances I have ever seen.

Oh and we went on to win the CWS as well.

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Not the whos' who of baseball but they scored a lot of runs and I am not sure how good any of these opponents are.

They did spank the shit out of WVU twice however.

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule

Was just looking at that, esp. the WVU results.

Golden Eagles scored 30 runs once, more than 20 runs three additional times. OTOH gave up 10 or more runs seven times.