Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Was looking at their roster and found this. Do they really need a pronunciation guide for Nic?

Pronunciation Guide 

5     Trevor Putzig     (PUTT-zigg)
  13     Jacob Parham     (PAIR-ham)
  16     Kevin Strohschein     (STROH-shine)
  17     Seth Noel     (no-EL)
  21     Nic Dye     (NICK)
  28     Brennon Kaleiwahea     (kul-LEV-uh-HAY-uh)
  46     Marcus Evey     (EE-vee)

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'd love to agree with you, but apparently the crowd in Oxford was electric for most of it. They had standing-room-only with over 11k packed in there and they were really loud.

So what you’re saying is that our crowd should be quiet and awkward 

Tickets on Stubhub have been climbing in value today. Supply is thin. If you want in and don't mind paying, I'd pull the trigger sooner rather than later.  Years ago, I remember going to DFF looking to buy from scalpers for a big game vs. aggy, and there simply was no supply to be found. I've only seen that happen that one time, but I have a feeling that Saturday or Sunday might be similar.

Looking forward to a packed Disch.  I'll be in Section 106, wearing orange and screaming my lungs out.

5 minutes ago, HornStar said:

Tickets on Stubhub have been climbing in value today. Supply is thin. If you want in and don't mind paying, I'd pull the trigger sooner rather than later.  Years ago, I remember going to DFF looking to buy from scalpers for a big game vs. aggy, and there simply was no supply to be found. I've only seen that happen that one time, but I have a feeling that Saturday or Sunday might be similar.

Looking forward to a packed Disch.  I'll be in Section 106, wearing orange and screaming my lungs out.

Disagree. Never buy early. Wait.  Buy the day of. We are talking middle of the day games against Tenn Tech.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Disagree. Never buy early. Wait.  Buy the day of. We are talking middle of the day games against Tenn Tech.

I think as a fanbase we are hungrier than I have seen in a long time. But you might be right - TNT isn't a great draw, the sun will be brutal, and ESPN2 has coverage.  

1 hour ago, HornStar said:

You could just tell us where your seats are and how much you want for them. 

Guest Lobo

Slim chance the box office has tickets available for pickup at Belmont today between 3-6pm.  But don't count on it.  Will all be ready for pickup tomorrow at 9:00a.  If you're planning on mail, god bless you---but I doubt you'll get them in time.  For those picking up at DFF on Saturday morning/early afternoon...it's gonna suck (the line).  You're better off giving somebody else in Austin permission to get them for you.  

Guest Lobo

I know most dedicated UT fans like to be on the 1b side.  But it's games like this, I'm glad I opted for 3b side.  Sure, I'll still be in the sun until 3:30p, but at least we'll have those fun times after 5th inning.  Monday is just gonna suck for everybody.  Nobody will be safe except for the 37th row.  

19 hours ago, HornStar said:

Here to back Hornstar on this one.  2002 I'm pretty sure, and there was no way to get in. 

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

$80 with their stupid fly-by-night add on fees....but yeah, not exactly breaking the bank or going full 1999 Big 12 Football Championship here

exactly.  they are making me buy one. non-stop.  did the same thing for LSU series.  bought the outbound cheap early after the super to KC on SWA, had to rent a car.  game tickets and hotels are cheap because only 2 teams are left.

we had that damn series too.  had those coon asses beat in the first game and choked. no way jungmann was going to lose game 2.  dude was dominant.

anyway, feel real good about this team.  We can hit and field and the pitching has really come around.

• Like 1