NFL+ subscription includes live local games

lilMAC25

I'm curious what the future holds for NFL and Ncaa football. Will they ever go heavy into hiding behind paywalls like so many other sports. Although they aren't really a local sports market league like Nhl, Nba and MLB where all those teams have local TV contracts.

This is not a streaming service per say. That's NFL Sunday Ticket. This is a mobile ONLY service that lets you watch on the go or on small FF devices without needing a subscription of any kind (Amazon prime, etc). I would expect them to not allow casting to TVs or external monitors and I'd also be surprised if they didn't go at strange lengths to figure out how to disable screen share while the app is running. 

I'm really not a big red zone fan because I'm more interested in watching teams matriculate drives, and I like to flip between a few games for chunks at a time. The 4 screen game zone was more my style. I don't see either of those working well with streaming. 

The condensed game replays are one of the best features, but that's the premium. They used to do that for free with the basic Sunday Ticket, and one of the reasons it became a ripoff, other than the smaller selection of games in both time slots due to all the prime time games. If the NFL pass lets you watch ANY games regardless of time slot or network, that's the main reason for it to exist. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Can't you already watch live local games for free?

They want you to pay for preseason and replays, LOL.

They should just offer a mini Ticket plan that lets you pick a couple of teams or 2-3 games every week.

Yes

On 7/26/2022 at 5:15 PM, DougO said:

If the NFL pass lets you watch ANY games regardless of time slot or network, that's the main reason for it to exist. 

It does not. Not live anyway. In-market only.

Considering you can stream the in market game for free already, I don’t see this really being worth much initially.

It might be a small venture to get into streaming, figure out what works for them, then maybe take over their own streaming for Sunday Ticket. 

• Like 2

I'm really not a big red zone fan because I'm more interested in watching teams matriculate drives, and I like to flip between a few games for chunks at a time. The 4 screen game zone was more my style. I don't see either of those working well with streaming. 
The condensed game replays are one of the best features, but that's the premium. They used to do that for free with the basic Sunday Ticket, and one of the reasons it became a ripoff, other than the smaller selection of games in both time slots due to all the prime time games. If the NFL pass lets you watch ANY games regardless of time slot or network, that's the main reason for it to exist. 

Big fan of the 4 game screen over Red zone also.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Big fan of the 4 game screen over Red zone also.

If they allowed one to customize it to select which games were on the screens, or even make one larger frame with two or three smaller ones, it would be dang near perfect. That's along with a second or third TV tuned in to the local games with antenna.

• Like 1